Now Playing Thread

Esoteric - Eyes of Darkness
That album is the only esoteric record not worth having.. It's not dreadful, but it just.. Really is not anything special. Epistemological Despondency is where things started kicking off.

And 'The Work Which Transforms God' is definitely a good starting point for BAN.. But i would honestly say it's not their best. Thematic Emanations, Mystical Beast and Odinist are their best IMO.

Enslaved - Reflection.

I really do think i'd have to say this is Enslaved's best record thus far. Amazing album. Probably even a top 10 album for me already.. This year has been amazing for music.. Fuck and Negura Bunget are left!

That album is the only esoteric record not worth having.. It's not dreadful, but it just.. Really is not anything special. Epistemological Despondency is where things started kicking off.

And 'The Work Which Transforms God' is definitely a good starting point for BAN.. But i would honestly say it's not their best. Thematic Emanations, Mystical Beast and Odinist are their best IMO.

Enslaved - Reflection.

I really do think i'd have to say this is Enslaved's best record thus far. Amazing album. Probably even a top 10 album for me already.. This year has been amazing for music.. Fuck and Negura Bunget are left!

I agree with you on the Esoteric thing. It's nothing special really. I'm just planning to listen to all of their works. Starting with that one.

I have to say I am not part of the camp of people who think the new one is their best. It's stupidly good, but I honestly think it's not as good as Below or Monumension. It's better than Isa and on par with Ruun IMO. 08 has been pretty good, but 07 was better for me tbh. I have given 1 10/10 rating this year, by this time last I had like 4. Dso, Eluvium, Earthless, Radiohead, Ulver and Alcest all did had releases last year I could not falter. There were heaps of 9.5's as well for Iron and Wine, Akercocke and Wittr for example. It's been very good, but 07 was unprecedented, shit loads of great music. Best year of this decade tbh. I'll obviously have to wait till the end of the year, but it will probably be better than 06, but not 07. Unless shit loads of amazing music pops out of nowhere between now and the end of the year.

Generally not that keen on The Ocean - they do have awesome moments, but as a whole they are only 'good' really.

And yeah, now that i think about it.. 07 and 08 were pretty fucking good years for music - But 08 wins out just on TMV for me. Genuinely is without a doubt one of my favourite albums ever. And i think Vertebrae is like a mix of isa/ruun era Enslaved and Monumension - it's just.. Even better than i expected and totally surprised me in a very, very good way.

Also, i have rhythms.. I was actually listening to the song 'Sonic Prayer' ;)

Enslaved - Convoys To Nothingness. Still one of my favourite songs of theirs.