Now Playing

First, Thanks again Joe and crew for playing with us Friday at Macs Bad Art Bar, you guys were freakin great, as usual. I have the video on VCD if you want a copy....jrosen01@twcny.rr.com I also have the audio from the board...

AVENGED SEVENFOLD!!!!!! ROCKS!!!!
Pantera - Vulgar Display
Weezer - Make Believe
ENERTIA - LIVE & FORCE - Force has yet to leave the rotation from that first night I bought it from you Joe..
HAIR NATION on my Sirius......

PAYCE OUT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Jeff :yell:

Hi Jeff,
Great to see you posting here! Thanks to you & the rest of the 3IF guys for having us on the bill w/ you, as we had a great time & are already looking forward to the next time we can hook up w/ you! I'll email you later today w/ my contact info, as i'm definitely interested in getting the video & soundboard of our show........

To keep this post on topic, here are some of my current spins:

Deep Purple - Rapture Of The Deep (One of my all time fave bands have created a killer disc! I listened to it 4 times yesterday & am going to put it on again now....)

Byzantine - ....And They Shall take Up Serpants (Some seriously killer heavy shit - I had a couple of the songs stuck in my head for 2 days while I was in Atlanta last week)

John Norum - Face The Truth (an absolute classic & IMO, Glenn Hughes finest performance ever! His vocals just slay on this disc...)

Brand New Sin - Recipe For Disaster - I have to admit I wasn't too fond of this when I first heard it, as I liked their debut quite a bit & thought this was a case of sophmore jinx, but after seeing them tear it up at a little bar in Phoenix, NY a couple weeks ago, I've given it at least 10 spins & am really digging it! I'll be going ot see them live once again the same night that I go to see Judas Priest in Syracuse next month.

Much more to check out soon, as I have gotten a lot of killer new music in the last week & will report here after I listen to some of it.

Joe

I still haven't attended a ProgPower fest as yet, but this year's event saw a new band come into my sights.. Joe, did you head down there this year? Did you catch the set by Stride? I'd never heard them mentioned until people started arriving back home from PP, and talking them up bigtime. I grabbed a listen to their upcoming release, IMAGINE, and I'm floored! I did a bit of research, and found that they released a Christmas album in 2003, and the instrumental debut, MUSIC MACHINE, in 2001. Both of these previous releases have now been purchased from the band directly via PayPal & the Stride website (for $10 per + $3 shipping for a grand total of $23). I'm wondering if, after hearing BAHHUMBUG, I'll ever listen to my Trans-Siberian Orchestra CDs ever again! heh heh If you ever have a chance (if you haven't already), track down some Stride to preview.. It's frickin' amazing shit!

Hey Paul,
I did go to ProgPower & although I didn't see too much of Stride's set (I went in to check out one song), I thought they were very good at what they do. I've got to admit I am not the biggest fan of keyboards, so this band doesn't do a whole lot for me, but I do appreciate their talent & heard they are cool guys too. I will give their disc a spin sometime soon & see if it "makes the cut" as far as my tastes go...

My current spins include:
Nickelback - All The Right Reasons (sounds good so far...)

Better Off Alone - Demo 2004 (a band I'm sitting in w/ until they find a permanent bass player. I will be recording a demo w/ them in January 2006. VERY different form Enertia, as it is radio rock, but still has some bite to it.)

Still spinning:
Deep Purple - Raptures...

Byzantine - Serpants....

& a few others too

Keep the now playing lists coming & feel free to tell me how wrong I am for not liking keyboard oriented bands, but yet loving the new Deep Purple! ;-)
Joe

ENERTIA_Joe said:
Hey Paul,
I did go to ProgPower & although I didn't see too much of Stride's set (I went in to check out one song), I thought they were very good at what they do. I've got to admit I am not the biggest fan of keyboards, so this band doesn't do a whole lot for me...{snip}

Joe
I certainly understand what you're saying, but perhaps you picked the wrong song to sit in on?? I really wouldn't consider them (keyboard-oriented) at all. I guess from what I hear the instruments are a bit more balanced as far as priority than traditional "metal," but the guitar is always there, usually at or near the "front," and frequently !#^&%@!!!! amazing! The debut album is all instrumental, but IMAGINE is predominantly user-friendly, vocal-laden heavy prog-metal (that's "progressive heavy metal," and not "heavily progressive metal"). Definitely give the disc a spin or two before discounting them.

Force.. Sorry Joe, But I have been listning to the LIVE FROM MACS BAD ART Bar Enertia....

Flogging Molly
Freak Kitchen
Disturbed
Avenged Sevenfold Still in the player!!!

I'll be at your Dec 3rd show for sure!!!

Jeff

www.3inchfury.com:Puke:

I've been playing FK's Organic a few times too, lately. Next to that:

FK: Move CD
Wolverine: New Best Friends (track)
Pain of Salvation: Ashes (track, one of the best tracks EVER)
an MP3-CD in the car set with:
the first After Forever, a Metallica Bootleg, Dream Theater 2CD and 50 more tracks :)

October 14th I saw Freak Kitchen play live in Verviers, Belgium. Only 150 people showed up, but it was a great, funny show. Mattias is an entertainer AND a gifted guitarplayer!! Hopefully the pics from that show will be up on my site soon!! Keep your eyes on: http://www.nicowobben.com

Have a nice weekend!!

SmaXone - Regression (cannot recommend this enough - speed metal pop songs!)
Kragens - Seeds Of Pain (kinda disappointed, but not bad)
Kayser - Kaiserhof (good thrash)
Hades - SaviorSelf (power-thrash)
Various thrash groups/songs on download.com (check out The Law and another band called Aqua-head)

I apologize for not posting here regularly, but I've been very busy getting ready to move into a house I've rented. WAAAAAAY too much to do to pack up all my shit to get in there, but oncce I'm settled, I will have more time to be a "regular" on our forum.

Thanks to everyone that has been posting their current listens!

Nico, I'm VERY jealous you got to see Freak Kitchen! I hope they finally make it to the states next year....

Tim - Hope all is well! Please email me so I remmber to send you my updated list.....

Sticking to topic, here is what I've been playing lately (no time for comments)
Shakra - Fall
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake
Harem Scarem - Overload
Deep Purple - Raptures of The Deep
Frank Zappa - Joe's Garage

Have a good weekend everyone & keep the playlists coming!
Joe

Hey Joe!!! Great news about the new place!!!

I've been listening to....
* Audioslave - Out of Exile. I just saw them last weekend at MSG and they were amazing.
* 30 Seconds to Mars - A Beautiful Lie
* King's X - Ogre Tones (I f**king love this band)
* Antimatter - Planetary Confinement
* Kamelot - The Black Halo
* Redemption - The Fullness of Time
* Allen/Land - The Battle

And at the gym, I've constantly got Meshuggah on the mini iPod. :)

~Christina