Now Playing

check on youtube some new arena's tracks from the new "seven degrees of separation",looks like they're going less prog and more rock ,the new singer
looks good

Yep. Love that album, by the way. STILL waiting for a follow-up...

You should check out the For All We Know record from earlier this year if you haven't. Kristoffer plays fretless on the entire thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks (Butch Clancy Remix)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXO-jKksQkM&feature=related[/ame]

Welp, there's no point in holding back any more. This song has convinced me - I'm buying a Pain of Salvation album.

Last edited by a moderator:
About Pain of salvation,they played weeks ago in Milan supporting Opeth,so
their set was very short with few old songs (Ashes,Undertow).It's a shame
that such a band with about 15 years of activity is reduced again to support
someone else,I didn't go there also because I don't like much Road salt stuff,
besides one more sad news : at the end of this tour their guitar player will left
them.

I suggest you a band from greece, Innosense,their cd Outcast you can hear it
on youtube,looks like Fates warning Parallel and Perfect simmetry era

Sky Architect - A Dying Man's Hymm :worship:

I finally listened to PoS's Road Salt 2 and Opeth's Heritage.

My thoughts on Heritage? Amazing album. Superior to Damnation. Completely different from their other work, but at the same time, you know it's Opeth. You never know what's coming next, which is always exciting, but I wouldn't consider it "choppy" like others here. Good stuff.

Just seen on youtube a new compilation called "We wish you a metal xmas"
featuring Girlschool,Tommy Shaw,Lemmy,Geoff Tate,Alice Cooper,Doro,Toni Iommi,Lukather and many others performing classic xmas song revisited in metal.
Very interesting

My thoughts on Heritage? Amazing album. Superior to Damnation. Completely different from their other work, but at the same time, you know it's Opeth. You never know what's coming next, which is always exciting, but I wouldn't consider it "choppy" like others here. Good stuff.

It's certainly more adventurous and diverse than Damnation, although Damnation is one of my all-time favorites. Do any of the tracks stand out to you as good (or bad)? I love Nepenthe, Haxprocess, and Folklore, but can't seem to get into Slither or Famine. The former just doesn't sound Opethian enough for me, and the latter is too "choppy" for my tastes, with not-so-great transitions.

I love what Mikael said when I saw them live before they played Nepenthe...

Mikael: You know what genre of music I absolutely fuckin' hate? Free-form jazz.
Audience: *cheers*
Mikael: This next song... is free-form jazz.

Just seen on youtube a new compilation called "We wish you a metal xmas"
featuring Girlschool,Tommy Shaw,Lemmy,Geoff Tate,Alice Cooper,Doro,Toni Iommi,Lukather and many others performing classic xmas song revisited in metal.
Very interesting

It's been out for a few years now; Dio singing "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" is amazing. Great stuff.