Now that 2007 is half over.......

Favorites, in no order:

Symphony X - Paradise Lost. I've been addicted to this since I picked it up last week. Love the aggression, and the title track just stays in my head all day.

Novembers Doom - The Novella Reservoir. Don't really need to expand on this - huge, tremendous album.

Megadeth - United Abominations. Glad to see them come roaring out of the gates with this disc. Great songs, riffs, and vocals. Soild all the way through.

Kamelot - Ghost Opera. Khan rules, period. Rule The World is my favorite track, and I love hearing them with the darker, different sound compared to the all out speed/power metal fests.

Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli. Another huge album. Great vocals and some really cool songs. I haven't listened to this in a while though, with a lot of the more recent albums from May and June.

Allen/Lande - The Revenge. More melodic metal - great vocals and catchy songs.

Redemption - The Origins of Ruin. Blows away the last album, top-notch prog.

Disappointments:

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos. Like most recent Dream Theater - I like about half the disc and then lose interest with the epic songs.

Looking forward to Iced Earth, Nightingale, Arch Enemy (if this is supposed to be out this year), Queensryche's new covers album...

waiting till your daughter is legal age my friend!!!!!

Seriously dude... We all cross MANY lines on here, but that one my friend, you should NOT have crossed.......

That's a comment I would have expected from a grind-core fan, not someone into bands with names such as Fairyland!

@ Jasonic: Yeah, didn't you hear about the massive Public Enemy influence on PT? :p

@ Rycher: Man! You reminded me of some releases I forgot about.

Dimmu Borgir - In Sorte Diaboli: This album is just a wall of massive sound. I admire Dimmu's use of orchestration. Now if Galder could just put out another Old Man's Child disc...I actually fancy OMC more than Dimmu!

I too am looking forward to the new Arch Enemy, as they claim to be going back to the Wages of Sin style. The Ammott's have the chops, fucking use them!

I am extremely content with the first half of 2007, esp considering the majority of my most anticipated releases are out (Candlemass, King D, Nov Doom). Just need an official domestic release for Trouble.

While I like Arch Enemy, as with many bands like them, I will probably pass on the new one.

there is a bunch of things I am looking forward too....

new Freedom Call, Olympus Mons, Korpkilanni, Impaled Nazarene, and of course....the new Elvenking!!!!!

The new Freedom Call is terrible and I like the other releases. I downloaded a copy and just burnt it for a long car ride that I had to do. I through it out the window because it was so bad.