TROUBLE gigs in Chicago next weekend

Jasonic

Doom On!
Apr 14, 2004
West Burbs of Chicago
Anyone hitting one or both of the TROUBLE shows next weekend?
(Yes Bob, we know you are NOT interested.. :lol:)

I notice that at the Durty Nellies show, a band called HEAVEN AND HELL are opening. Is anyone familiar with them? I assume this is possibly a Sabbath tribute band? VERY suburban to have a tribute band open a gig like this...

Also playing are D-Connect, who I know nothing about other than they were originally formed by Barry Stern (obviously the connection to them playing these gigs with Trouble)

Anyone hitting one or both of the TROUBLE shows next weekend?
(Yes Bob, we know you are NOT interested.. :lol:)

I notice that at the Durty Nellies show, a band called HEAVEN AND HELL are opening. Is anyone familiar with them? I assume this is possibly a Sabbath tribute band? VERY suburban to have a tribute band open a gig like this...

Also playing are D-Connect, who I know nothing about other than they were originally formed by Barry Stern (obviously the connection to them playing these gigs with Trouble)

Chris & I will probably be at the Nitecraps show on Saturday. The DN show will probably be DEAD, so I won't even waste my time...plus, it's on a sunday night...fuck that! :p

H&H are indeed a Sabbath tribute...they'd be cool to check out...but not on a Sunday at DN...sorry.

I have never been to Nite Caps. How is that place?
Is it easy to get to from the burbs?

It's a crap shack with a really weird setup, bar almost right in front of the stage. It's not that hard to get to but parking can be a real bitch if you're not lucky since it's all street parking.

I won't be at either show....

Actually I was at Nitecaps last saturday and you can park on the Bank's parking lot right behind the venue. Heaven and Hell are more of a DIO tribute but they do play some OzzySabbath tunes, however I have seen them do "Man on the silver mountain" and "Rainbow in the dark" and they are also playing on Sat. I will be at the Nitecaps show as well. :headbang:

I try to attend Trouble gigs whenever they play at home. I'll be at one or the other, or maybe both shows. Durty Nellies is a great club. But what's the big deal about a Sunday night show? They're just like any other show that happens during the work week. :p

Yes, Heaven and Hell is worth checking out. They played at Nite Cap last January. I decided to attend after not having been to NC for several months. A few things have changed there since my visit prior to last, for instance, more stage lighting. The red backdrop draperies have been replaced with black ones and there does seem to be a bit more room in the area to left of the stage if you're facing it (stage right). The huge bar is still there and it still intrudes into the middle of the stage-front floor area, which is annoying, but you can't really blame the owner for that since the watering hole seems to be the most popular section of the establishment. ;) I'm guessing he doesn't want to limit the cash-cow's intake. At least the other improvements mentioned tend to make for some better fotos. Well, that and some other improvements seem to have helped make my recent foto output from that venue seem a bit better. NC still isn't my favorite place to see a show but I haven't let the upgrades go unnoticed.

Speaking of going unnoticed... I know you're all very busy people but I was wondering if anyone has had a chance to visit the EOF Foto Gallery lately. I've added a page for Powerfest with some (crappy) old film camera pics from 'fests 2000 and 2004. Please feel free to stop by if you have time, http://www.eyesoffyr.com/music/sweet_home/powerfest/index.shtml

Thanks!

Awesome pics!!
It's good to see that Vito has worn the SAME button down shirt on stage for three years running..
I will say, when Vito likes a shirt, Vito LIKES a shirt!!!! :lol:

For the hat trick!!!!!!!!
rob.jpg

^ :D :cool:

For the peeps going to see Trouble this weekend, here's the latest on opening act Heaven and Hell...

I just spoke with Scott Davidson. He said that Heaven and Hell will indeed be playing @ Nite Cap on Saturday with Trouble. The H&H set is from approximately 9 pm - 10:10 pm, according to Scott. He said they'll be going on at around 9 pm at Durty Nellie's as well. WinterKill/Mindwarp Chamber bassist, Brent Sullivan, will also be filling in on bass for H&H this weekend, according to Scott.

That is all for now.

^ :D :cool:

For the peeps going to see Trouble this weekend, here's the latest on opening act Heaven and Hell...

I just spoke with Scott Davidson. He said that Heaven and Hell will indeed be playing @ Nite Cap on Saturday with Trouble. The H&H set is from approximately 9 pm - 10:10 pm, according to Scott. He said they'll be going on at around 9 pm at Durty Nellie's as well. WinterKill/Mindwarp Chamber bassist, Brent Sullivan, will also be filling in on bass for H&H this weekend, according to Scott.

That is all for now.

Scott Davidson is a joke. He plays off that he is all about the metal scene but he never played any real metal when I listened to his radio show when I used to drive to work. He had a local axcess video show too when I lived in Carol Stream and that was a joke even too. He did the most embarassing interview with Iced Earth that I have ever seen. I love when at shows he comes out and introduces bands that he acts like he loves and you know he has no clue who they are.

Jason: No, sorry about that. :erk: I don't have any definite info on a Plague reunion. My questions for Scott mostly pertained to whether H&H were going to be playing on Saturday and if so, at what time. The info on Brent filling in on bass was just some extra info I gleaned from our conversation on the phone. Perhaps Plague info can be found elsewhere on the 'net, like someone's Myspace page. (?) Since I'm not a Myspace subscriber if any info on the Plague has been posted there and it's not on a public page I don't see it. Sorry.

Diabolik: :err: