Who Wants Circle II Circle / Circus Maximus / Manticora in Chicago?

They're still working on dates... supposedly Chicago and New York have been the toughest nuts to crack, but they are supposed to have at least 12 dates on this tour when they're done.

Trust me... It is a BITCH!!!!! It not as easy as it looks. I gave Hoyt all my contacts and it still sucks.

I am really surprised the Pearl Room turned down this show.
And this is just my opinion, but I think you could have found a better place than Legends for a show like this. Legends is a great place to see local bands, but for a better known act, the room is a bit awkward for this lineup. The stage is very small, not high up enough for people behind the crowd and there are tables all over the room. The bathrooms are very small and the parking is honestly not that great, but whatever.
Durty Nellies would be a great place for a show like this, unfortunately they are mostly Hell bent on cover bands.
Annnnyyway....
You know I'll be there because Zak Stevens still has a "To Do" list from Team Chicago that has not been fullfilled and I'm sure he's out of tissues by now.

Ha Ha!

Bible shoes.....I'm wearin' my Bible shoes....

As for the local opener, I know what you're thinking, Jose.
What's the problem with that?

I am really surprised the Pearl Room turned down this show.
And this is just my opinion, but I think you could have found a better place than Legends for a show like this. Legends is a great place to see local bands, but for a better known act, the room is a bit awkward for this lineup. The stage is very small, not high up enough for people behind the crowd and there are tables all over the room. The bathrooms are very small and the parking is honestly not that great, but whatever.
Durty Nellies would be a great place for a show like this, unfortunately they are mostly Hell bent on cover bands.
Annnnyyway....
You know I'll be there because Zak Stevens still has a "To Do" list from Team Chicago that has not been fullfilled and I'm sure he's out of tissues by now.

Ha Ha!

Bible shoes.....I'm wearin' my Bible shoes....

As for the local opener, I know what you're thinking, Jose.
What's the problem with that?

this show will seriously draw only 50 people at best.

I could easily see why Pearl Room would turn this down.
Let's be realistic.
Are these bands really that known beyond the Prog Power forum?
Furthermore, neither band has mass distribution in the States.
I would be surprised if this gig draws more than 100 people.
I am not dissing the bands or anything.
I think sometimes people mistake internet hype for reality.

I'm with Diabolik on this one, there will probably be 50 people there at best. I for one cannot wait to see Circus Maximus, they are great at what they do.

No I don't think this band is known outside of all the Prog fans (I include myself in this cause I like Prog a lot too), but they have to start somewhere if they want to build a fanbase in the U.S. outside of Prog Power.

May I remind everyone about Rileys Rockhouse, In Flames, Angra, Iced Earth etc. all those bands played there and that place is even smaller than Legends.

Ahh... Riley's Rock House!
I have played that hell hole too!
Ok, it was a cool place, just left a bad taste in my mouth as I got dicked by a promoter there once.

The difference here though is the bands you mentioned above had albums released by Century Media who has US distribution. Therefore, while metal was underground, you could still find releases by those bands at Best Buy, Tower, Virgin, etc, etc.....

Granted, I know it is 10 years later, and people are buying discs in stores less and less, so maybe my theory isn't as valid as it was years ago.

It's cool these bands are coming over.
This tour could benefit from having a semi-solid US band on the bill though. (I suppose that's where CIIC came in originally).

this show will seriously draw only 50 people at best.
Glenn, Claus, and the boys seem aware of that. They just want the bands to get out there and make their names known a bit, and get some touring relationships going across the country for future Intromental related projects. I plan on going if at all possible .. should be fun.

Britt