Who Wants Circle II Circle / Circus Maximus / Manticora in Chicago?

Ken,
OK, maybe not ALL the bands Glen books, but you get my point. :)

I don't know really how strong the whole ex-Savatage factor would be. I know the last time Savatage came through Chicago at Riley's, I heard it was scarcely attended. Granted, that was a long time ago, and there is certainly a whole new younger generation of power metal fans.

If you're referring to the 2001 show in Aurora that was the case. Attendance was low, which may have been fully or partially a result of the show occurring one week post 9/11. Many pilgrims still under the influence of fear factory(not the band)-induced 'shock 'n' awe' tactics back then I'd reckon. :erk:

As for suburban clubs, the new and improved Durty Nellies is a larger facility than CCL or Legends. The advantage Legends has over CCL is the closer proximity to hotels and such. But The Pearl Room has them all beat in that regard.

I have to agree with Jason, those bands are all solid but not really a draw on thier own. A smaller club would benifit them greatly. Nothing is worse than coming out on stage to 50 people in a huge club compared to a smaller venue where 50 people still looks good. I agree, if they were somehow able to get this tour to hit on a Powerfest date, you would get tons of the ProgPower people there. I think the real sealing feactor would be to have Turisas headline that night. that would really get things shaking.

Well, maybe as part of Powerfest.
But on it's own, the Pearl Room would be too big for this show.
Would be much more suited for a smaller club.
My first thought for that fest was The Pearl Room, but perhaps your right. I just figured if Firewind, and Epica could headline there with no real top support acts then CIIC, Circus Maximus, and Manticora could play there. It's probably not going to draw real well in any venue outside of a Powerfest, Prog Power type of setup.

Britt

I can't see how this show wouldn't bring out the numbers like Kamelot or Symphony X did at Pearl Room. However, I was surprised at the lack of numbers at the Firewind show. I think that one suffered from a timing issue as there was just too many shows right next to each other, and it was a weeknight. Assumption is that House of Blues or The Metro won't touch this either? I would much rather go to Pearl Room than either of those, but the HOB promoter has been known to book totally unknown acts in there before. I think CCL is a decent room and they have national acts come through now and again. Legends.....eh. What about JJ Kelley's, where all this craziness started? What about Shank Hall or The Rave in Milwaukee? Only 90 minute drive...

Regardless, put me in the hat that would be willing to go the extra mile to have this show come to Chi-town. Circus Maximus alone is worth it...

I agree with keeping 'it' in the Chicagoland area. Not only the fantasy show that is the subject of this thread, but we should keep all the shows here. :p Oh wait, that's already a given for the most part as we do not lack for live entertainment options in this Toddlin' Town. In fact, there are so many options I doubt if one person is even capable of seeing 'it' all. 'It' being everything that one would like to see.

With that aside, even though there's always something going on I've been cutting back on show attendance lately, passing up opportunities to see lifelong faves as well as other current "flavors of the the new millennium." Furthermore, I've been even less inclined to travel across state lines for my live entertainment needs, especially during the week. Can't say if this decline in show-going activity is just a phase or if it's something that might continue but the bottom line is: I've been a home-body lately so I doubt I'll be making the mere 90+ minute drive (each way) for most events, favorite or otherwise. ;)

Looks like it's a road trip to St Paul if I want to see this show...
Confirmed dates currently include:
February
29 - Sideline’s Rock Live - Atlanta, GA
March
1 - Jaxx - Springfield, VA
6 - Imperial - Quebec City, QC
11 - Station 4 - St Paul, MN
14 - FBI Rock Club - Houston, TX

Looks like the tour is free between the 6th and 11th.
They should look at Legends for Sunday March 9th.
(That's assuming they are still doing Metal shows on Sundays there).

Looks like it's a road trip to St Paul if I want to see this show...

They're still working on dates... supposedly Chicago and New York have been the toughest nuts to crack, but they are supposed to have at least 12 dates on this tour when they're done.

As posted on the PP forum, this show has been confirmed for Sunday May 9th at Legends!!

:danceboy:

Apparently Chris Lotesto has to promise to sleep with someone to make it happen, or something, I'm sure he'll give us the details! Thanks to Hoyt and Chris for helping make it happen.

Ken

I will totally be there as long as ticket prices don't exceed $10 or they do manage to put a decent third band on the bill. Having seen Manticora before, I'd rather shove a fork in my eye than sit through them again, I'm not a huge Circus Maximus fan (but the new album shreds) and having seen them twice I really don't have any interest unless the price is right.....yeah my dedication to the genre these days is pretty much gone out the window.

Cool, I will keep it in mind.
I am not familiar with either band in all honesty.
Legends is very close to me, so if I am free, I will certainly take it into consideration.

Legends is an awesome venue.
I am glad they were smart and not try to book a club like Pearl Room that would be too big.