Nu Metal

I don't hate nu-metal
I'll listen to Slipknot here and there (oh no, how dare I *rollseyes*), not so much Korn, I think Jonathan Davis sucks and the only talent in that band is their bassist. SOAD isn't really nu-metal, they're more hard rock than anything. I like Disturbed alot, they've really come from their nu-metal roots and more towards a hard rock sound now, although they've turned back to metal with Indestructible.

Jonathan Davis is amazing singer live.Ive seen Korn few days ago and show was amazing.Korn was one of the first nu metal bands,and from what ive heard one of the best.

I actually quite like a few nu metal bands: Disturbed, Korn, SOAD, Drowning Pool, Static-X (although i dont class em as nu metal but alot of people do), i dont mind Limp Biskit, done some good songs n are v good live

On the whole nu metal is very weak in my opinion. System of a Down's first couple of albums are good, as is Slipknot's self-titled. I can't stand Disturbed, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Staind, Drowning Pool, Papa Roach and shit like that. But one can't deny the genre has spawned some good tunes over the year, such as Snot's 'Snot' and Drowning Pool's 'Bodies'

If you want to class Rage Against The Machine as nu metal, then they deserve a mention for not being total wank like 99% of 'nu metal' bands.

You know, Its like saying metallica are Thrash, many wouldnt agree. so I guess in the end the genre you put a band in is personal choice.

it is all personal choice, but also some of the bands podgie mentioned Staind, done some good songs, but are boring as fuck live, Slipknot some good songs, most not my thing, excellent live, and as for Papa Roach couple of good songs but they have no fuckin clue what type of band they are they keep changin with each record (changin for the worst)

I think, Nu Metal is dead!
Come on... it was quite popular in the middle/late 90's and the early 2000's...
I mean:
Slipknot: They involve solos, which isn't nu-metalish... their first 2 records were nu metal... and also their 3rd (a bit)... but All Hope is Gone is more kinda Modern Metal...
Limp Bizkit: Three words: Behind Blue Eyes
Korn: :loco:
Linkin Park: loool... Minutes to Midnight isn't even metal...:puke:

it was a trend... like metalcore at the moment...

Back%20to%20the%20Future%202%20DeLorean%20time%20machine.jpg