Nu Metal

I dunno i guess i am the only one who wants to vomit when someone says disturbed and korn are really hard heavy metal bands. Oh well then Im the lone metal head in the quest to defeat posers and annoying whinning rap/rock bands.

Speaking of posers isnt it annoyin to see a kid who was a prep become a punk then a skater then goth and then something and all a sudden think Cannibal Corpse is cool and try to talk to you about it and slipknot and other bands he thinks is cool. Its people like him i want to mercilessly beat the shit out of.

Originally posted by Warrior of Ice
I dunno i guess i am the only one who wants to vomit when someone says disturbed and korn are really hard heavy metal bands. Oh well then Im the lone metal head in the quest to defeat posers and annoying whinning rap/rock bands.

Speaking of posers isnt it annoyin to see a kid who was a prep become a punk then a skater then goth and then something and all a sudden think Cannibal Corpse is cool and try to talk to you about it and slipknot and other bands he thinks is cool. Its people like him i want to mercilessly beat the shit out of.
Agreed but if I was goind to beat the shit outta everybody that does that I would be in jail right now:lol:

:) Good point, but its only the ones that try to hard and use it to be cool not the people that like it cuz they cant escape radio. Someone who wears all black and puts Slipknot, ICP, Coal Chamber etc. patches on all his stuff and dreads his hair claims to beat his mom and acts like a dick head to everyone is another poster child for nu metal. Actualy if you think about it hes a morbid punk trying too hard with a bad taste of music! My own logic scares me :lol:

The funniest thing is that I know a lot of people that are actually like that:lol: that I wanna look ''cool'' attitude is quite pathetic.

Nu-Metal is manufactured as a product, not not created through any sort of artisitc process, therefore it sucks. Defining what bands fall under this category of nu-metal is much, much trickier.

if Mudvayne didn't wear that wacky makeup for their first album...I guarantee they would be signed by a label like Century Media and be hailed as a kick ass underground band.

But they did have a silly image and got clustered in with musical bowel cancer like Slipknot.

I just got the new album...gonna listen to it tonight...

hopefully the record company didn't force them to write sing songy Disturbed songs.

didn't I mention the bassist kills....
has more groove and feel than most so called "prog" bassists, and has a style al his own.

I said that you cannot come in an open forum and say:

"I am the master of the musical taste, YOU shall not hear new metal, 'cause it sucks!"

I mean... I fuckin' HATE new metal, but... Is that a freakin' reason for me, to "crucify" other people who likes new metal?!?!

I said that you cannot argue or discuss people's taste...

Oh, and I didn't know that the word "indiscussable" doesn't exist... sorrie!! heuheuheu!! :lol:

:lol: I dont think i am the master of musical taste I Listen to Rhapsody, Manowar, and Freedom Call for Christs sake! What im saying is that Nu Metal is for posers and People who try too hard. Most the people i know that listen to metal you wouldnt know except maybe they wear a Morbid Angel shirt or a Iced Earth shirt but the people who like slipknot have to let the whole god damn world that they are into heavy music and have eveything they own have that stupid symbol or anything thing else in the realm of Retardation they can come up with! :p

I love theese Smilies to much... Behold the Smilie Revolution!
:) :D ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: :D :) :lol: :headbang: muahaha!

Originally posted by ffanatic
Nu-Metal is manufactured as a product, not not created through any sort of artisitc process, therefore it sucks. Defining what bands fall under this category of nu-metal is much, much trickier.
oh man please shut up, are you some sort of guru in music?:rolleyes:

and this is directed to Warrior Of ice last post.

Let me make a little correction, nu-metal isn't for posers. Posers are people that ''try'' to like stuff just to look ''cool'' people that like nu-metal because they like it aren't posers but those that like nu-metal because is the ''cool'' thing to do are posers. I listen to Creed (even though they aren't nu-metal) and Bon Jovi is someone going to call me a poser because of that? I doubt it:rolleyes: and anyway if someone does I won't care only elitist morons have that attitude.

(the last comment wasn't directed to you Warrior of ice :p)

You confused me but hey I dont care! I may be restating but i am not a god of music i have three types of music ill listen to is Classic Rock, Metal, and Japanese Pop. I can support why they are superior to other genres of music fairly eay but probably the reason i like them is cuz i like the way they sound they write their own lyrics and most have fairly talented artists with in each genre. Also what wrong with Bon Jovi? Not liking it is like not liking Charlie Daniels Band.

You confused me but hey I dont care! I may be restating but i am not a god of music i have three types of music ill listen to is Classic Rock, Metal, and Japanese Pop. I can support why they are superior to other genres of music fairly eay but probably the reason i like them is cuz i like the way they sound they write their own lyrics and most have fairly talented artists with in each genre. Also what wrong with Bon Jovi? Not liking it is like not liking Charlie Daniels Band.

How I confused you?:confused:

hehe there's nothing wrong with Bon Jovi but there are some metalhead elitists that will call you a poser if you like Bon Jovi.

Who will the guys who think real metal is old black metal and only that?
yeah a lot of black metal purists and death metal fans call people ''posers'' just because they like other types of metal or music.

Well, screw them, I say. Dokken and Europe belong in my favorite bands category, so if any 'elitist group' has a problem with that, they can kiss my ass/arse.