Nu Metal

Originally posted by Prismatic Sphere
No. I LOVE good music(Symphony X) and I DETEST bad music or feeble attempts at it(Limp Shitstick and all the rest of that ilk). You deal with it.
I don't have to deal with it, I could care less what bands you like and what you detest:rolleyes: my problem is the arrogance that you show with your post and stating opinions as facts. Some people just don't get it:rolleyes:

Ok well Symphony X is my favorite band,pretty much bottom line. BUT! I like Disturbed and Staind as well,so what does that make me???

I think Disturbed - Believe is one of the best cd's of the year,mostly becuase of Draiman's vox and writing but the music is metal to me,just no solo's which sucks a little but I can deal. The Odyssey will probably be my number one of the year,but Believe will not be far behind.

Let it go

Bear:Smokedev:

The only band I really like that could fall into the Nu-Metal classifacation is Static-X. The rest I hate. I'm more of a Death, Black, Thrash, etc. kind of person. I could never understand why Nu-Metal got so damned popular. It's so boring, pointless, and annoying to me. It makes me want to vomit.

I hate people who listen to a certain type of music because it's "in" or "cool." Those people are just plain stupid and should be smacked.

It would be nice if other types of metal actually got some exposure instead of most of the junk that does. But that is probably a pipe dream...

TOTALLY DISAGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you wear a Symphony X t-shirt, you're "posing" it... If you wear a "Limp Bizkit" shirt, you're "posing" it!!

And, so fuckin' what if I'm wearing a Symphony X shirt?!?! I wear it 'cause I'm devoted to the band, I like their sound and I want people to know musical perfection... hahahahahaha!! :lol: Kiddin'...

Why are there almost no solo's in nu-metal?!?! I bet it's because they have no talent to do so!! Those nu-metal guitar players can only play power chords, that's it! And when there IS a solo in nu-metal, it's sux like hell!!

NP: Joe Satriani - Satch Boogie (he can play guitar hell yeah)

Originally posted by Ultimate_Symphony
I don't have to deal with it, I could care less what bands you like and what you detest:rolleyes: my problem is the arrogance that you show with your post and stating opinions as facts. Some people just don't get it:rolleyes:

And you are clearly one of them. And I resent your veiled arrogance and shunning of other people's opinions. I'll like whatever I fucking want and I wouldn't dream of putting that nu-metal puke in the same ballpark, the same galaxy as Symphony X. I almost pity people who do. Oh and btw, it is a fact that more shit gets airplay and less talented, melodic bands get exposure. If you can't see that; you're not in touch with reality and worse than that you are one of the people who actually helps the "music" we're trying to eradicate. And I am not arrogant btw; I am passionate. World of difference. And if I was arrogant; what does it really matter to you anyway? This is an open opinion forum and you don't gotta break balls to make your case.

In short, grow up.

Originally posted by Prismatic Sphere
And you are clearly one of them. And I resent your veiled arrogance and shunning of other people's opinions. I'll like whatever I fucking want and I wouldn't dream of putting that nu-metal puke in the same ballpark, the same galaxy as Symphony X. I almost pity people who do. Oh and btw, it is a fact that more shit gets airplay and less talented, melodic bands get exposure. If you can't see that; you're not in touch with reality and worse than that you are one of the people who actually helps the "music" we're trying to eradicate. And I am not arrogant btw; I am passionate. World of difference. And if I was arrogant; what does it really matter to you anyway? This is an open opinion forum and you don't gotta break balls to make your case.

In short, grow up.

hahaha i'm the one that needs to grow up?:lol: I wonder who's the one that said this

Nu-metal is just downright awful. Either you get that or you don't. And the fucksticks who funnel it everywhere don't deserve to hear a band like Symphony X.

that's a real mature comment if you ask me:rolleyes:
And who said i'm defending nu-metal?i'm giving out a valid point, either you get it or you don't. Just for the fact that nu-metal is more popular you're going to shit all over people that like nu-metal, because they aren't able to hear a band like symphony x? wow another mature comment:rolleyes: . Your elitism is all over your face and you don't even notice. And who said that i'm putting nu-metal on the same level of symphony x?:rolleyes: wow you really are putting words on my mouth:rolleyes:

And if I was arrogant; what does it really matter to you anyway? This is an open opinion forum and you don't gotta break balls to make your case.
:lol: hypocrisy at is best :lol: this is an open forum right? and you have the right to voice your points and I don't?:lol: way to go bro, I have as much right as you to put my points if you don't like what i'm saying ignore it and live in your world of elitism and egocentrism.

Originally posted by pittsyco38
The only band I really like that could fall into the Nu-Metal classifacation is Static-X. The rest I hate. I'm more of a Death, Black, Thrash, etc. kind of person. I could never understand why Nu-Metal got so damned popular. It's so boring, pointless, and annoying to me. It makes me want to vomit.

I hate people who listen to a certain type of music because it's "in" or "cool." Those people are just plain stupid and should be smacked.

It would be nice if other types of metal actually got some exposure instead of most of the junk that does. But that is probably a pipe dream...

Agreed

Why are there almost no solo's in nu-metal?!?! I bet it's because they have no talent to do so!! Those nu-metal guitar players can only play power chords, that's it! And when there IS a solo in nu-metal, it's sux like hell!!

Remember, having solos in your music is not the ''cool'' thing to do:lol:

Guys, just cool it, please!?
To all of you who HATE other genres: GROW THE FUCK UP! Just because you don't like it (or even hate it), doesn't mean everyone deserves to be smacked or getting his butt kicked! Ever heard of tolerance, acceptance and respect? If you don't like it, just ignore it. Nobody force-feeds you the stuff you don't like. Radio? Turn it off. TV? Turn it off. Period. But stop the bashing! To each his own...

Music is just a matter of personal taste, not a "i-hate-you-because-you-listen-to..." or "i-detest-anything-that-i-don't-like..." or "i-hate-posers-and-all-that-crap-because..."

On a side note: I listen to Glam, AOR, Nu Metal too.... So start kicking MY butt too, if you must.

I couldn't agree more with you Lady :headbang: but it seems someone around here hasn't noticed that, let's be a little more tolerant with people that don't have the same musical taste that we have please :D .

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
Exactly. :)
But I guess, some people will never learn, right?

hehe yeah but there's always room to ''correct'' things :D oh and btw I have 1 more post than you now lady :devil: ;)

Ehehee... noooo LOL It's a tie, as of now ;)

There's room to "correct things" - absolutely.
But you see, if people are so darn stubborn and close-minded, even the best way of trying to make people see, that they are behaving stupid is hard work....

Ugh, I'm still fuming :)

Let's just hope, the SX forum will stay clean ;)

Hehe... two more ... YAY! But I'm off to bed now (go get your chance... we'll see who's reaching the evil 666 first) - it's 3:12 AM....

/edit
EEK Have you noticed that there is another LOTS around?
"LadyOfTheSnow"

Agreed *crosses fingers*:D
ah you have 1 more post now:mad: don't worry i'll get you:lol: let's see who gets faster :D

btw yep i've noticed that name (in the opeth board i think)