NWOBHM Forever

Love me some Quartz, great band. They tried a softer take on NWOBHM than most bands I know, which I've always found intriguing. They infused lighter melodies and harmonies than a lot of the others, which is nice, because it puts something different on your palette compared to, say, Savage or Angel Witch.

No Demon mentioned?!? Later stuff feels a little more AOR but they've always been pretty solid.

Kooga. Pretty sure this was a one-off. The keyboards sometimes reminds me of Miami Vice and since Crokett and Tubbs were cool, so are these guys.

Damascus

Cracked Mirror. I like the off key sounding vocals. This band has its charm.

Voltz. LOVE this album. It's hard to understand the lyrics and even harder to find them online. Wish this wasn't their only material. Some of the songs on the album are faster, but this seems to show their atmosphere best.

So much shit I need to buy. It's a fucking shame so many of these reissues are now oop and $20+.

blitzkrieg are one of the most underrated bands, in part because A TIME OF CHANGES got released a long time after the NWOBHM boom despite most of the material being recorded and circulated in demo/single form years prior (influencing numerous bands of the period), and in part because they need to be played super fucking loud! every bit as good as satan IMO, and in a fairly similar way. the most famous eponymous song isn't even one of the better songs on the album, nor the best on its own single either.

Just got Legend - Anthology on Amazon for a little bit of nothing. It's their s/t, Death in the Nursery, and their first ep. Also finally found a decent priced copy of Court in the Act.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem