O/T: Hulk: will it suck, or will it be the summer blockbuster???

AlexStomp said:
I never really read too many comic books so the only reference I have to the hulk is from the TV show. I was raised on the TV. Give me nick at nite anyday over comics

Don't let anyone tell ya that the Hulk tv series sucked. From a comics purists POV, all TV shows suck anyway (I know, I'm a comic fan, so I'm overly critical whenever they make shows or movies) Not only did the Hulk stand head and shoulders (both literally and figuratively) over the other comic shows of that milieu (Spiderman, Wonder Woman) it actually holds up well as a drama series. The loneliness and despair of the lifestyle Banner is forced to lead is compelling, and quite similar to the life Duncan Mac is forced to lead on Highlander. Classic tv drama, probably not. Was it good for the time? Absolutely. And it has held up well as a "cult classic."
Yes, I have a nostalgic interest as well. I remember going to my grandma and grandpas on Friday night and watching the Hulk and The Dukes of Hazzard, back in the pre-cable era..................

TD said:
The loneliness and despair of the lifestyle Banner is forced to lead is compelling, and quite similar to the life Duncan Mac is forced to lead on Highlander.

GregadetH = HighlandeR geek.
My bro took me to see the first one when I was a kid...and I was like.."Holy shit!" This rules. As for the character of Duncan, I'm very happy w/ the way the show and his movie appearance went. The franchise will go places w/ him as the lead....Lambert was always a litle too cheesey. I shit a brick when Ritchie turned evil on the show though.......

"Don't lose your head!"
- GregadetH

GregadetH said:
TD said:
The loneliness and despair of the lifestyle Banner is forced to lead is compelling, and quite similar to the life Duncan Mac is forced to lead on Highlander.

GregadetH = HighlandeR geek.
My bro took me to see the first one when I was a kid...and I was like.."Holy shit!" This rules. As for the character of Duncan, I'm very happy w/ the way the show and his movie appearance went. The franchise will go places w/ him as the lead....Lambert was always a litle too cheesey. I shit a brick when Ritchie turned evil on the show though.......

"Don't lose your head!"
- GregadetH
Sadly, I don't think Adrian Paul is returning for the next movie, nor is Lambert. My hope is that movie is god-awful and bombs badly enough that Davis-Panzer realize they need Paul back. My understaning is that the script is sooooooo bad that Paul turned it down, and then so did Lambert. The truth, well, we'll never know. For I know *crosses fingers* the movie will come out with Adrian Paul. It is titled "Highlander: The Source" as of right now.

Here's a trivia question for you. It I expect the first person to read this to have the answer, because it's an easy one........

Why was Banner's first name "David" on the TV series of the Hulk?

TD said:
Sadly, I don't think Adrian Paul is returning for the next movie, nor is Lambert. My hope is that movie is god-awful and bombs badly enough that Davis-Panzer realize they need Paul back. My understaning is that the script is sooooooo bad that Paul turned it down, and then so did Lambert. The truth, well, we'll never know. For I know *crosses fingers* the movie will come out with Adrian Paul. It is titled "Highlander: The Source" as of right now.

Endgame just wasn't what it could have been. I guess it's better knowing that it wasn't the last movie, but it kind of is without Adrian Paul in it. Are they actually using Duncan or another character? Surely they're not trying to get someone else to play Duncan, are they? Not that anything surprises me anymore. I have never liked Lambert in anything, Highlander or not, so I wouldn't exactly miss him, although I fully recognize that what he is to the Highlander franchise, whether it thrills me or not. I really didn't know they were making another one, but if it's going to suck, I guess I wasn't missing much after all...

I know little about comics, being I was more into Baseball cards then comics, but the original tv series was awsome IMO. I use to live for that show. When I saw the previews for the movie, I was a litle dissapointed, because the hulk I knew was the one on tv, and this one seemed so unreal. But when I hear people on here talk about it being closer to the comic book, then I open my mind a little bit.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Endgame just wasn't what it could have been. I guess it's better knowing that it wasn't the last movie, but it kind of is without Adrian Paul in it. Are they actually using Duncan or another character? Surely they're not trying to get someone else to play Duncan, are they? Not that anything surprises me anymore. I have never liked Lambert in anything, Highlander or not, so I wouldn't exactly miss him, although I fully recognize that what he is to the Highlander franchise, whether it thrills me or not. I really didn't know they were making another one, but if it's going to suck, I guess I wasn't missing much after all...
As far as I know, it well go into details about their planet, who they are, etc, etc. Hence the name "Highlander: The Source" They need to get their heads out of their asses and just a full blown movie w/ Duncan.

Bruce Banner was standing at a set of traffic lights next to this woman. A Bee stung him causing him to become very angry very fast. When he turned into The Incredible Hulk his pants burst all the way open. The woman flipped out, ran across the street, got hit by a bus and was instantly killed.

The moral of this tragic tale is: "Don't cross when the green man flashes!"

Old jokes becoming relevant again makes me happy.

I've also read the novel. And it was just dull. If Peter David, who wrote the Hulk comic for 12 years, couldn't make the story interesting, I don't think anyone can. It is, if something like this can be said about this, basically your standard action movie. Just one tired cliche after another, with cringe-inducing dialogue. This movie is going to live or die on how well the CGI Hulk looks. And, on TV, he looks like shit.

I just saw this one hour special on the making of the movie and it looks cool.

OH and the pre-cable days. I remember those and having to watch videos on friday nights only. Having to go up to the set and change channels. No even knew what internet was

lupe_m said:
Is it because they Stan Lee thought that Bruce Banner was too gay for tv?

Well, that's close. It was because the TV people thought that Bruce was a gay name, not Stan Lee.