O/T: Real Time w/ bill maher.

Sorry Justin, I just don't like the concept of American Gun Owners being vigilantes, mostly because everyone in the NRA is dumber than a box of rocks. I don't want my truck driver to have a gun, because he isn't very bright, and he drinks lots of whiskey and might shoot someone. I don't want you to have a gun because you seem hot tempered and probably don't fight well, and you may be too tempted to shoot. The power of taking a life shouldn't be in the palms of the average joes hands. The mentality of "crooks have guns, so I'm getting a bigger gun" is barbaric at best.

Originally posted by TD
Sorry Justin, I just don't like the concept of American Gun Owners being vigilantes, mostly because everyone in the NRA is dumber than a box of rocks. I don't want my truck driver to have a gun, because he isn't very bright, and he drinks lots of whiskey and might shoot someone. I don't want you to have a gun because you seem hot tempered and probably don't fight well, and you may be too tempted to shoot. The power of taking a life shouldn't be in the palms of the average joes hands. The mentality of "crooks have guns, so I'm getting a bigger gun" is barbaric at best.

Your truck driver shouldn't be drinking whiskey :lol:
I don't trust people with blind faith in gov't like you taking my guns away and leaving me defenseless.
It's nice to see you care so much about me as to leave me to get killed by whichever big guy decides he doesn't like me.
Leaving people defenseless is barbaric at best.

Originally posted by TD
If we did more to keep asshole's from getting guns, you'd have no need for guns. That's the solution. You're solution only masks the problem.

As I mentioned before, lawbreakers, by definition, do not obey laws. Government does not prevent drugs by making them illegal. It didn't make alcohol illegal by Prohibition, and it won't prevent people who break the law from getting guns.
Your goal is to make everyone sitting ducks.

I've been thinking about this, and I think there is a major difference between you and me aside from your blind faith in government to cure all ills of society. And that is, you care more about protecting criminals and I care more about stopping crime, even if criminals get hurt in the process.

Originally posted by TD
I think everyone who shouts "guns are our constitutional" right should shut the f*** up and realize that the founding fathers (all good masons!) didn't think about assholes like Phil Graham who has a gun for everyone room in his house, or the sniper dick in DC. How was a gun gonna save you from him?? Anyway, it just shows that parts of our constitution are somewhat dated. Anyone who wants a gun, should also be forced to give "quarter" to service men. That would shut up gun owners real quick. But HEY, it's in the constitution.

Reminder: our Founding Fathers were mostly religious nuts with guns.

Guns are a lose lose situation. So what if you shot someone to death?? How would that make you feel?? Do you really think there'd be a better place for you after doing something like that??

I don't know what the fuck World War III is gonna bring us. But I can tell you one thing......World War IV is gonna be fought with stickes and stones.

We have a choice for how soon all of that comes. Guns are just NOT the solution.

Originally posted by AlexStomp
Guns are a lose lose situation. So what if you shot someone to death?? How would that make you feel?? Do you really think there'd be a better place for you after doing something like that??

I'd feel pretty good if I rid the world of a murderer, rapist, or something of the sort. I know it saddens you that I don't feel the pity for the sumbags of the world you feel. I guess we have different perspectives. I'd feel a lot worse if I could have stopped a loved one from harm but didn't or couldn't. An old (very old) man I know, a Democrat who voted for Bush because of guns, became pro-gun as a child after his mother was raped in their own home in a poor area of Columbus.

We hold WW II veterans in pretty high esteem because, they, well, shot a bunch of bad people to death.

I don't know what the fuck World War III is gonna bring us. But I can tell you one thing......World War IV is gonna be fought with stickes and stones.

Thanks, Einstein.

We have a choice for how soon all of that comes. Guns are just NOT the solution.

I don't see how you've jumped from private ownership of guns to WW IV, but whatever. I never expect to understand much from the feelings of a bed-wetting liberal.

Originally posted by jdelpi
Your truck driver shouldn't be drinking whiskey :lol:
I don't trust people with blind faith in gov't like you taking my guns away and leaving me defenseless.
It's nice to see you care so much about me as to leave me to get killed by whichever big guy decides he doesn't like me.
Leaving people defenseless is barbaric at best.

Your truck driver shouldn't drink whiskey. Good point. Another good point:

You shouldn't date someone you'd fear.

I don't feel pity for criminals. I think being in lockdown for the rest of your life is the worst punishment. Don't say that you know it saddens me bullshit. What a fucking ignorant conclusuion you've come to? Bed wetting liberal?? I don't know where I came off as that, but it only makes you look more ignorant to me.

Go buy a gun. Have fun with it. Think you're protecting your family and all but you're gonna learn a painful lesson one day when you come home and you're seven your old kid accidently blew his brains out.

I don't feel pity for criminals. I think being in lockdown for the rest of your life is the worst punishment. Don't say that you know it saddens me bullshit. What a fucking ignorant conclusuion you've come to? Bed wetting liberal?? I don't know where I came off as that, but it only makes you look more ignorant to me.

Ignoring half of what I say makes you look ignorant to me. Which part of "police can't (and are not obligated to) protect everyone" don't you understand?

Bed-wetting liberal came from your idea that fighting back with deadly force if necessary was bad.

Dont you think the world would be a better place if everyone just got along? I love to party. I love to drink. I love my girlfriend. I love the work I do for a living. I love the music I listen to. And I love to meet new people and learn new cultures and wine. I'm gonna keep living my life this way. I'm not gonna be all wired and paranoid with a loaded gun on me worrying about where the next bullet is coming from. It's your choice.

Go buy a gun. Have fun with it. Think you're protecting your family and all but you're gonna learn a painful lesson one day when you come home and you're seven your old kid accidently blew his brains out.

No I won't, because my children will receive proper training in how to handle a firearm so nothing is left to the imagination. Furthermore, I wouldn't leave a seven year-old kid home alone. :)

But thanks for your concern.

I remember when The Patriot came out and people freaked out because it actually had children using guns, as they did back in the day. I found the outrage amusing.

Ignoring half of what I say makes you look ignorant to me. Which part of "police can't (and are not obligated to) protect everyone" don't you understand?

Bed-wetting liberal came from your idea that fighting back with deadly force if necessary was bad.

I'm not ignoring half of what you say otherwise I woudln't be up in the middle of the night posting replies. I understand that there are pro' to gun ownership. I just feel that the con's of it far outnumber the pro's.

No I won't, because my children will receive proper training in how to handle a firearm so nothing is left to the imagination. Furthermore, I wouldn't leave a seven year-old kid home alone. :)

But thanks for your concern.

I remember when The Patriot came out and people freaked out because it actually had children using guns, as they did back in the day. I found the outrage amusing.

Yeah, and back then slavery was legal. I freak out at the thought of slavery but I guess you find my outrage amusing.

Dont you think the world would be a better place if everyone just got along? I love to party. I love to drink. I love my girlfriend. I love the work I do for a living. I love the music I listen to. And I love to meet new people and learn new cultures and wine. I'm gonna keep living my life this way. I'm not gonna be all wired and paranoid with a loaded gun on me worrying about where the next bullet is coming from. It's your choice.

No Alex, the wost thing in the world would be if the whole world got along.
(/sarcasm off)

Of course I want the whole world to get along, but the fact is, there are bad people out there. Is a person who closes a store at night in a bad neighborhoold paranoid for carrying a gun? Is a poor single mother in a high crime area paranoid for owning a gun? Is a woman paranoid if the woman down the hall in her apartment complex just got raped?
I am glad you finally said "it's your choice." That's all I really wanted was a choice. I guess you could say I'm pro-choice on gun ownership.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that during the LA riots, Charlton Heston's liberal friends came running to him for help with guns.

No Alex, the wost thing in the world would be if the whole world got along.
(/sarcasm off)

Of course I want the whole world to get along, but the fact is, there are bad people out there. Is a person who closes a store at night in a bad neighborhoold paranoid for carrying a gun? Is a poor single mother in a high crime area paranoid for owning a gun? Is a woman paranoid if the woman down the hall in her apartment complex just got raped?
I am glad you finally said "it's your choice." That's all I really wanted was a choice. I guess you could say I'm pro-choice on gun ownership.

I think it's absolutely hilarious that during the LA riots, Charlton Heston's liberal friends came running to him for help with guns.

It's your choice now but it shouldn't be.

Yeah, and back then slavery was legal. I freak out at the thought of slavery but I guess you find my outrage amusing.

Wow, we have post hoc ergo propter hoc and a straw man in the same argument!

For the record, I, like John Adams, Alexander Hamilton, Benjamin Franklin, George Mason, James Madison, and some other founders, oppose slavery.