O/T: the ABC network really fucked Bill Maher over

TD

HAS INTEGRITY
This is Anthrax related because Scott was on PI during the Stomp 442 promotional tour (and the usually talkative intelligent Mr. Ian didn't have much to say and didn't sound to bright on the show)
Anyway, Maher got bend over and butt-fucked by ABC!
He couldn't even say what he was thinking on a show called Politically Incorrect? WTF!? That was one of my favorite shows ever. I always loved it when he and Ted Nugent would argue, oh well, I guess those days are gone. I bet the Jimmy Kimmel show last about as long as Late Night with Chevy Chase.

Does Jimmy Kimmel really need another show? Come on now. Keep that moron on Comedy Central where he belongs. I knew Politically Incorrect was being cancelled, but I didn't know it was for Kimmel, and I also didn't know that Maher wasn't allowed to talk about it at all. ABC is getting downright retarded lately. Peter Jennings just cut Toby Keith out of the July 4th thing cause he doesn't like the lyrics of ONE song. I'm glad I only watch one show on that entire network (The Practice). At least their reruns are on FX. :lol: If that's how things happened, Maher did get screwed. I rarely watch that show because I usually can't remember when it's on.

The reason PI was cancelled was because of some comments Mahr made, and then nobody watched the show. I hate how in this day and age politics come between someone's choice in what they watch, or who the listen to. People should have watched that show because of it not being politically correct, and seeing every viewpoint on any matter that discussed. But it all boils down to is some comments Mahr made, for the low ratings, then the cancellation.

Slaughterofsoul: you can also attribute no one watching due to the fact that 75% of ABC's affiliates stopped picking up the show in favor of sitcom reruns after those comments - once again, Maher was fucked by ABC. Maher said "lobbing missiles from 6,000 miles away is cowardly, flying a plane into a building is not cowardly" Sorry, I don't see the big fucking deal. If Howard Stern said it everyone would be laughing. I think people didn't like Maher because people fear those who they feel may be smarter than they are.

Maher sucked, he is the biggest PC hypocrite ever. And although I didn't like the show and never watched it, it shouldn't have been cancelled for that comment, I totally disagree and find them offensive but he must have balls of brass to say what was on his mind, and that is honesty, it seems what shuold be treasured and cultivated in our society is shelved in favor of the two faced way we all live today. Fuck the world, for all its worth

I gotta disagree with ya all on this one. When you are in the public eye and they make or break you you either gotta say what they want to hear or say what you want to say and run the risk of loosing your support. He chose to say something that the nation at large disagrees with so he paid the price. ABC didnt screw him he screwed himself. Do you think if his ratings were through the roof that they would of still canceled his show? No because all decisions in hollywood are baised on one thing. Money.
Besides he's a bed wettin, commie pinko liberal anyway...

Originally posted by AjDeath
like you, I also hate commie pinko libs, Fuck them, fuck them right in thier stupid asses

Exactly!!!! PI was a good concept, but it got stale long before Maher started running his mouth. I don't know if what was big balls or a small brain that prompted his "cowardice" comments. What makes him so fucking qualified to be armchair quarterback for the public psyche? The fact he made B-movies like "Amazon Women in the Avocado Jungle of Death?" He's a dipshit... he's always trying to be Dennis Miller.

One word... RATINGS. That's the only reason he's getting yanked... this would have been inevitable even if he didn't make that jackassed comment. I would die to defend his RIGHT to say what he said, but I'd take him with me for being an asswipe.

Well, here's the thing. Hasn't that show always been full of comments that upset people? Wasn't that the point of it? NOW all of a sudden it's such a bad thing? I'm not saying it was my favorite show or anything, but I don't see how that one thing is worse than anything else that was said over the years. I'd expect more of a reaction over his tour with Andrew "Dice" Clay than over an actual episode. The whole stations/networks/ratings thing has always been a mystery to me.

I wonder what Maher would think if a suicide bomber gave Maher's family members a big group hug?

I'm sooooo happy he's gone. I hated that man with a passion. Why people think he's so intelligent is beyond me, the guy supports PETA to pete's sake!

Bill Maher was a dick. Plus he was always slamming us in the face with his own views. Let the others talk. Goodbye Bill.

Actually, I am a born again Christian, but I thought the movie was hilarious because I don't believe in organized religion whatsoever, Skeeball, LOL, Kevin Smith is a genius, all of his movies are like one big running joke, and all of them leading up to the coup de grace Jay and Silent Bob Stike Back. I base my life around that movie, LOL What the shit?