Obama's Democratic Convention Speech

Altitudes

Stay Frosty
Jun 18, 2007
California
Any thoughts/comments about it? Gotta give it to him, he is one of the best public speakers and knows how to deliver a speech. I guess that comes with being an attorney. I can hardly wait for McCain's weak attempt of a rebuttal!

Politics on the internet is fail. Besides there is a better thread dedicated to that subject that Eric made... but yeah I think Obama is the better choice although I think both candidates are lacking.

Obama's speech was pretty amazing. I don't think anybody can accuse him of not being on the offensive after that.

I seriously don't understand why anyone who isn't rich would want to be a Republican. Is having to get a background check for your gun and the possibility of gays marrying worth losing your home? Does anyone really want to be drafted and sent to Iraq to fight a war that's funded by money that we don't have? It isn't even about looking at the bigger picture... people can't get jobs or pay for their houses or cars. How can anybody think that giving more money to the rich is going to solve any of these problems? It's not going to "trickle down"--it's going to be another house that the John McCains of the world can't remember owning.

Fuckin' ridiculous.

Obama's speech was pretty amazing. I don't think anybody can accuse him of not being on the offensive after that.

I seriously don't understand why anyone who isn't rich would want to be a Republican. Is having to get a background check for your gun and the possibility of gays marrying worth losing your home? Does anyone really want to be drafted and sent to Iraq to fight a war that's funded by money that we don't have? It isn't even about looking at the bigger picture... people can't get jobs or pay for their houses or cars. How can anybody think that giving more money to the rich is going to solve any of these problems? It's not going to "trickle down"--it's going to be another house that the John McCains of the world can't remember owning.

Fuckin' ridiculous.

That's pretty much spot-on. Can't remember the last time I heard a 17 year old speak on politics and not only have something intelligent to say, but be 100% correct.

Yet the rest of the world doesn't see it, and people who aren't even old enough to vote do. I'd start packing and move to Canada.

WHOSE speech? (;b)...a handful of writers.
Here's the summary of these conventions.
M2530_HandPuppetTheater.jpg

Heartless_Name said:
It's funny you say this, the stereotype is the poor, white trash are republicans and the elite, rich socialites are democrats.

More like... greedy rich people and stupid poor folks are Republicans, and people with any sort of conscience or interest in the wellbeing of the country are Democrats.

tered said:
WHO's speech?

Who is speech?!

More like... greedy rich people and stupid poor folks are Republicans, and people with any sort of conscience or interest in the wellbeing of the country are Democrats.

:err: You're drifting a bit far to the left. Being a moderate is good. To think all republicans are evil, most sucking vampires who's goal is to ruin the country and get rich in the process well, that's not true, they have positive aspects to their party, same as democrats have negative aspects.

And it's more like greedy, rich people are at the top tier on both sides and everyone else beneath them are worthless, faceless votes that give them power.

We have gun background checks here in CA anyway, I shrug at everyone else being forced into going through them. I figured everyone else had to do it ANYWAY.