Oceansize (support Porcupine Tree)

Midwinter_melancholY

¨‘°ºOrnamental adagiOº°‘¨
Nov 30, 2002
Belgium
www.hanenwurger.org
I went to the PT concert yesterday in Antwerp (brilliant!), and saw the name 'Oceansize' as a support act. I gave it a chance and I was pleasantly surprised!

Solid and technical drums, a full and melodic guitarsound, and a marvelous voice of of both the guitarists. This was really the great discovery I needed lately. I bought their latest album at the concert and a friend bought their previous one.

Their live performance is full of energy as well. I have no negative comment for this band so far.

Are there other people who are fond of this talented band?

Edit: Their site is http://www.oceansize.co.uk

Yea Oceansize are really interesting and quite unique sounding....I've been meaning to pick up soem of their stuff.

i really wanna see PT, but i have 2 massive essays due in soon....

fuck i dunno what to do!

Will wait till the day before, and if there're tickets left and i've done enough of my essays then i'll go :)

ChrisFerg said:
i really wanna see PT, but i have 2 massive essays due in soon....

fuck i dunno what to do!

Will wait till the day before, and if there're tickets left and i've done enough of my essays then i'll go :)
Me too, which is why i need to get that shit done today :lol:

I just got Oceansizes' new album 'everyone into position'. I cannot believe how good this band are. They're so mellow and dreamy yet heavy aswell. This cd makes me feel good.:headbang:

My fathers just got into Oceansize and i must say they are pretty damn good

I'm pissed off now!
You guys get a GOOD support band...i get Robert Fripp or as we call him up here "We Boaby"
I've seen him before (with G3) and he fucking sucked balls

But it'll be cool to see Wilson and co again, i saw them last time they played here in April and they owned. Shame Anathema aren't supporting them again :(

Did Oceansize cancel the whole thing or was Fripp going to support PT anyway?

I guess there are ways on the internet to get hold of some songs. My favourites (of the last album) are Heaven Alive, Music for a nurse, Ornament (the last wrongs) and You can't keep a bad man down.

As well as the hidden track on that album (you've got to rewind the first track for about 2 minutes on the very start of it - weird).

Midwinter_melancholY said:
I never heard of a name like 'Robert Fripp', but the name sounds like bad news :)

I bet Michael has records of him heheh

Sheesh.

Robert fripp is the mastermind and only remaining original member of King Crimson. One of the most famous, respected and influential musician in the prog scene. Also one of the pioneers of processed guitar sound (90's) and using the Mellotron (70's).