Odin's Court: DVD Shoot & CD Release Party!

OdinsCourt said:
Guitars I used that night were a UV777, an LP '72 Standard, an ESP LTD 7-string, and a JP MM.

Nice pics Matt! Can you get them all to me? I'll email you information about my FTP server so you can upload them. ;)

Sure I can. All I ask is I can use them on my site as well when it opens.

Thanks, friend! :headbang:

Snowy Owl said:
Sure I can. All I ask is I can use them on my site as well when it opens.

Thanks, friend! :headbang:
Of course!! They are YOUR pictures. We appreciate you sharing them with us! I haven't check ed with Matt, did you ever get them to him? If not, we can use that as another excuse to get you up and running.

Never got them to him yet. Even though we are building a website, I find that stuff very confusing!

We can try doing it by e-mail, but we haven't heard back from Matt yet. I know how busy everyone is, as am I, but I can wait. Persistence can become annoyance if overused.

The reason I asked the question I did is because some websites are super anal about that stuff you know, like, "All pics and submissions become property of so and so.com" and all that. It's good to see you aren't!

Odin's Court is going to be the featured band of the first edition. Lots of great stuff!

Matt, I'll reply soon. Sorry, I am way behind on email.

You can always attach them and mail them to my band account, there is no limit on attachment sizes. Or if you want to wait, I can email you with step by step instructions to FTP them to me.

Thanks again, you rock!!

OdinsCourt said:
Matt, I'll reply soon. Sorry, I am way behind on email.

You can always attach them and mail them to my band account, there is no limit on attachment sizes. Or if you want to wait, I can email you with step by step instructions to FTP them to me.

Thanks again, you rock!!

No problem about being behind on e-mail -- we totally understand.

I'll e-mail the pictures to you tomorrow.

Andrea

Andrea sent them a little while ago. Hope they got sent OK. Give me a heads up either way when you get a chance.

Thank you for your patience! Hope you all like them! We love our new camera.

Okay, a brief update for those interested who stop by here.

I have made me first pass through the entire audio setting levels, panning, eq, effects, etc. Now I just need to listen another 100 times and tweak. So the audio mix is coming along, and I hope to have it done within a month or so.

I also watched 50% of the video footage. We have some great shots - Creative Edge Studios did an excellent job! Anyway, I am really looking forward to jumping into the video editing aspect. We should have a nice product when we're done.

The show itself was about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Haven't decided if it will all go on there or not. If anything is cut, first will be the 2 covers (Maiden, Floyd, and Metallica). However, we'd like to keep the entire show in tact.

We also want to put some bonus footage. Some ideas are a select song with multiple shoots/views. We'll definitely have the interviews on there (thanks, Matt Bankes!). There is also some nice various after footage, and I'm sure we'll include some of that.

I'm also batting around the idea of including an audio CD with it (I've seen this packaging before - like Journey's Escape: Live in Houston DVD).

Anyway, there is a lot of work to do. I'd like to have something by early/mid summer, but no promises!

That would be completely awesome if you included an audio disc for 2 reasons:

1) It would give the fans something to listen to away from their DVD player.

2) It would capture the live sound of the current lineup on an album. I love the bootleg, but a better produced live album would be totally killer!

Didn't I ask a question in the interview about that?

But, on the downside it would be more expensive.

Good luck with it! :kickass:

Update: We have a rough version of our website ready. Still a ways to go, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Gotta get some more content for the feature. I am thinking of adding Matt's quote about the progress of the DVD to the interview as a post script. I may also have some follow up questions soon (though it is not essential).

Things are on the move! :)