off-topic..... football....

Guys keep this exchange as civil as possible. I am enjoying this tread very much. Don't let it get too personal OK?

You can alway's agree to disagree. :)

Dodens Grav said:
By merit of the fact that the majority of the game saw either the Seahawks with the lead or down by only 4 points, and by merit of the fact that they were in the end zone in position to take the lead and would've had first and goal if not for shooting themselves in the foot with a holding call, I would, in fact, call this a close game. It was not a nail-biter by any means. But that is not the only thing that determines a close game. It doesn't have to come down to the wire. The recurring theme throughout the game was missed opportunities by the Seahawks that should not have been missed. I already mentioned them, but I'll mention them again. In the first quarter (maybe the second?), Darrell Jackson gave an ever so slight pushoff on Ike Taylor in the endzone, thus negating a touchdown. On another play, on a deep ball, Darrell Jackson, evidently thinking he was closer than he was, dragged his right foot the wrong way instead of over the pylon, again negating another touchdown. In the late third quarter, I don't remember who caught the pass, but the Seahawks would have had first and goal on about the 2 yard line, if not for a holding call that killed their momentum. The Seahawks beat themselves just as much as the Steelers beat the Seahawks. That really has nothing to do with who I'm rooting for. I have this uncanny ability to apply objective observation even to an NFL game. The fact of the matter is that both teams, overall, played fairly shoddy games, and the deciding factor became the Seahawks' missed opportunities, not even mentioning their two missed field goals. It's fine to disagree with me, which you obviously do, but all of my observations are fair. I don't see where you get off questioning my credibility as a Steelers fan, however.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Whatever!!! We could pointlessly argue till next season though I don't see the point (I hope you agree)You're giving the Seahawks way too much credit but that's your right to do so...And I don't want to make any more comments that might hurt your feelings (Honestly, I assumed you were a dude...But I guess the name "dodens grav" could be unisex) Anyway hurting your feelings wasn't my intention...Some people can take a little harrassment (And even return it) and some people can't...After numerous discussions with you I know where to classify you....I'm all done with you...
It seems like every time you and me have dialog you end up posting some hurt feeling type post...so that's it.....Last words are all yours.

Overall I was pretty disappointed in the way both teams played. There really wasn't a whole lot that was "super" about that game. Big Ben was terrible. Seattle receivers couldn't keep their hands on the ball. Seattle couldn't manage the clock very well. Pitt, on the whole, was *way* too conservative for a championship game.

The officials all need to visit an optometrist. I have never seen a more poorly officiated Super Bowl in my life. In fact the officiating throughout the playoffs has been pretty bad.

Oh, and the mix on the Stones was absolutely terrible. Keith must have payed the soundman off because that's about all I could hear. Maybe I just need to clean the wax out. :D

The commercials were ok. I liked the Bud commercial with the "streaking" sheep and the FedEx neanderthal commercial.

All that, in my opinion, of course. :p

T_man357 said:
And finally posting on a message board instead of watching the game with friends & partying like most people do
I'm just curious......how is not watching the super bowl any kind of mistake or negative action in any way?

I remember hurling my foam brick at the tv a couple times, hoping to bonk a referee in the head, so they must have been doing something wrong. They really botched a few critical calls, but fortunately it all worked out in the end (their botched officiating didn't cause the deserving team to lose).

Two of my top 3 teams played in the Super Bowl. I can't say that very often (not since the 1970s). So I enjoyed it, despite the sloppy play. Far from the best football game ever, but it was still enjoyable for all of 3 quarters (better than most years).

As for the Rolling Stones, that was disgraceful. I hope they sound better than that in concert. And it wasn't just the mix. Mick Jagger's vocals were horrible. I saw a drunk parody band on the Vegas Strip that sounded better than the real thing.

Malice - License to Kill

Dodens Grav said:
I have to say I disagree with you on the officiating account, Wheezer. I think they did a pretty good job overall throughout the playoffs.

Joey Porter would have disagreed with you after the Indy game. Maybe not after the Super Bowl but definitely after the Indy game. :D

#1_Droogie said:
I'm just curious......how is not watching the super bowl any kind of mistake or negative action in any way?

It's unamerican. It's right up there with Mom and apple pie. Don't make us come up there for an intervention. :D

i couldnt believe that game... i didnt care that the Hawks lost.. just that the Refs made some terrible calls... if it weren't for those calls the Hawks would of lost by 4 or less.. oh well... shit happens... i can always bet Basketball till March/April season ends...

it's not the Steelers per say.. it's the Ref's unjust calls that caused the outcome of the game/scoring... at least for a bettors view like me.. i could care less who won.. but if it weren't for those two calls the score would of been much closer and they would of lost by less then 4 points or exactly 4 points. which either way would of been fine with me...

well your not old enough to bet through online bookies anyways lol but someday you will be and you won't be biased or a fan of any team... till then i forgive your bias lol ... and that your wrong about this game lol ... now here's a music question.. Bathory's Nordland I album.. worth getting or not? i have Nordland II and i like it alot...

cool... you have me sold on Nordland I .... I still have to get some of their other albums like their debut, The Return, Black mark and Hammerheart.. those are the only albums i want besided Nordland. i already have Blood Fire Death... but CD prices around here in NY are crazy... need to find a good online site that doesnt charge shipping... hmmm

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
it's not the Steelers per say.. it's the Ref's unjust calls that caused the outcome of the game/scoring... at least for a bettors view like me.. i could care less who won.. but if it weren't for those two calls the score would of been much closer and they would of lost by less then 4 points or exactly 4 points. which either way would of been fine with me...

There is no bigger Steeler fan on this board than I (along with Doden,) and I will even admit the refs were a little Steeler biased. There were some favorable calls that went toward the Steelers, but it did not make up the deficit.
As much as I love The Steelers, Bill Cowher has not been the best "big game" coach. The Steelers won THAT game by coaching though. They didn't give up on the run despite a low YPC by Parker when he broke the 75 yarder for a TD. That "trick play" is also one of Cowher's things.

Bryant

don't make me cut your hair lol from a bettors perspective only.. that game was not fair.. from the point spread perspective i mean.. again i dont care if steelers won as long as it would've and should've of been less then 4 points... and IMO a TD or two was stolen from the Hawks not because of the steelers but because of the officials/refs..

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
don't make me cut your hair lol from a bettors perspective only.. that game was not fair.. from the point spread perspective i mean.. again i dont care if steelers won as long as it would've and should've of been less then 4 points... and IMO a TD or two was stolen from the Hawks not because of the steelers but because of the officials/refs..

No offense to you dude, but I tried to give away 9 points at work against the Steelers and had not one taker. Could the score been less than four, or even a Seahawk win ? Absolutely, but if both teams would have played like they were capable of, the score would have been about the same or even more lopsided. Hines ward (who did deserve the MVP) dropped more catchable (bu him) more passes in that game than I have ever seen him drop in a game. None were "gimmes' but thwey were ones he makes 19/20 times.
I am not saying you don't know what you are doing with your bets, but on this particular game, I would have taken your bet and it wasn't out of heart and love for The Steelers. They have better athletes and a better defensive and offensive coordinator.

Bryant