off-topic..... football....

Bryant said:
You have lost your freaking marbles dude !! Jerome Bettis did not become the fifth leading rusher of all time by just getting the ball on third and inches. True, he is the Steelers short yardage back, but he is also the back-up running back. He spells Parker when he needs a breather and it is his job to be the number one guy if Parker goes down. Bettis was the starter for about half of the season last year due to Staley's inability to stay healthy and Bettis had 947 seven yards, just 53 shy of his ninth 1000 yard season last season in just six games or so as the starter. He didn't have 947 3rd and short last year either, I can tell you that. If you don't like the guy that is fine by me. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but don't get your facts wrong. Bettis is a future hall of famer and there is no other power back in the top-ten, much less the top-five in career rushing. Bettis has amassed 13,653 yards in his career and he carried that Steeler offense for years and even took pay cuts more than once to remain a Steeler so they could keep other players and stay under the cap and competitive. Sounds like a real self-centered prick to me !?!? Bettis has more rushing yards than all of these players: Erric Dickerson, Tony Dorsett, Jim Brown, Marcus Allen, Marshall Faulk, Franco Harris, Thurman Thomas, John Riggins, O.J. Simpson, Ricky Watters, Eddie George, Corey Dillon, Ottis Anderson, Earl Campbell, Edgerrin James........ and the list goes on and on.
Jerome Bettis is one of the most selfless players in the NFL. He was one play away all season from being the number one back for The Steelers and despite being a shoe in for the HoF, he makes less money than some kickers and has taken a pounding on his body for 13 years in the NFL running up the middle of defenses.
He took the long road to the SB and I for one am happy he is there. He got there the hard way and I can't think of ANY NFL current player more deserving than he to be in the SB. I don't understand your post at all, unless you are THAT ignorant about his career in the NFL.

Bryant

Of course you'll defend your boy!:D

T_man357 said:
You guys are getting a visit from Terrell Owens today.....Should you hear anything on your local news about him possibly signing with Denver a post on the board....I'm curious as to what Shanahan thinks he can get out of such an obvious headcase..
Man, what are the odds of T.O. landing in ATL?! After all he does loive there already....
Judging from Vick's remarks about his little brother, he could be heading towrad the darkside....

sixxswine said:
Man, what are the odds of T.O. landing in ATL?! After all he does loive there already....
Judging from Vick's remarks about his little brother, he could be heading towrad the darkside....
I think the odds are still pretty good (IMO) He has the Owner, Head Coach & Offensive Coodinator wanting to get him there.....That's alot of brass If Arthur Blank wants him he'll probably get him.

I'm not going to comment on Michael Vick...I've never liked him (Going back to V. Tech days), I believe he's ALL HYPE!! And I never have a good word to say about the guy....so mums the word.

Wheezer said:
He was in yesterday. There hasn't been anything but speculation in the media. He's got some hefty bonus money coming his way on March 1. That would make a trade for him pretty difficult to fit under the cap. There's also talk that the Broncs are interested in trading for Ricky Williams. Ya know, just when I thought things were headed in a good direction for my Broncs they start pulling this crap. If Owens makes a return trip I may just have to find a grassy knoll near the airport for me and my ought six. :D Just kidding. I don't have an ought six. My aim ain't bad though if'n I had a loaner and a little time to get used to the kick. Ain't much worse than a 12 guage, is it?
:lol: :lol: That's too funny bro!!!! But seriously the grassy knoll is a better alternative than the cancer T.O. will bring to the Bronco's!! And I don't understand why Shanahan is even thinking about Ricky Williams!?!? I mean he's a good RB and all but the Denver backfield is fine...What about that old saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I don't know man...But good luck!! they're a smart organization and I hope they make the right choices.

ppusa092.jpg

Even Urban Bredd digs The Steelers.

Bryant

Bryant said:

Y'all have heard of the Campbell's soup, Sports Illustrated, and Madden jinxes right? This is a perfect example of the opposite -- the Urban Breed X Factor. If only I had brought my Jake the Snake jersey to Atlanta in September. I WILL bring it along this year. :D

T_man357 said:
:lol: :lol: That's too funny bro!!!! But seriously the grassy knoll is a better alternative than the cancer T.O. will bring to the Bronco's!! And I don't understand why Shanahan is even thinking about Ricky Williams!?!? I mean he's a good RB and all but the Denver backfield is fine...What about that old saying "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I don't know man...But good luck!! they're a smart organization and I hope they make the right choices.

Thanks for the good wishes. Hopefully that'll be enough. I am *not* a happy camper right now. We did get some good news yesterday though. They got Tom Nalen (Center) signed to a long term deal. The LT, Lepsis, is a free agent too. Hopefully they can get him signed soon too.

T_man357 said:
Did you play?? Or are you just an excellent student of the game..:worship:

Yes I did play both organized and sand lot football. I played up until I was 16 years old. I discovered guitar and girls about that time. Football seemed insignificant so I quit. Two a days with a bunch of guys I really didn't like sucked. I wasn't fast enough to make it to thye next level anyway.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Yes I did play both organized and sand lot football. I played up until I was 16 years old. I discovered guitar and girls about that time. Football seemed insignificant so I quit. Two a days with a bunch of guys I really didn't like sucked. I wasn't fast enough to make it to thye next level anyway.

Bryant

It's just easy to tell when someone knows what they're talking about...I played on alot of those levels too...I couldn't have been an NFL player or anything but if I hadn't joined the army and pushed down hard on football maybe arena or semi-pro or something...I was good!!!

This is not good!!!!

Dodens Grav said:
DETROIT -- Strong safety Troy Polamalu, the catalyst of the Pittsburgh Steelers defense and a player who has emerged as one of the league's most versatile defenders, suffered an ankle injury during Thursday's practice and was forced to leave the session early.

Troy Polamalu
Polamalu

The third-year veteran, who has been selected to the AFC Pro Bowl squad in each of the last two seasons, will be listed as "probable" on the Steelers' injury report. By definition, a "probable" listing on the report means that a player is 75 percent likely to participate in that week's game.

How the injury occurred is not yet known. Super Bowl practices are closed to the media, with the exception of one "pool" reporter. Polamalu told the pool reporter assigned to the Pittsburgh practice that he "tweaked" the ankle. The incident was not noted on an original practice report filed early in the evening, but it is believed the NFL was revising it.

Polamalu did appear on the official injury report as having missed at least a portion of the so-called "team," or 11-on-11, drills. Sources said that Polamalu began treatments for the ankle injury immediately after the practice. It is not known if he will participate in the Friday practice.

Losing their star strong safety, or perhaps even having him forced to play at less than 100 percent, would be a significant setback for the Steelers. Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau designs many of his most exotic defensive gambits, both blitzes and coverages, around Polamalu and his unique skill set.

Polamalu had 100 tackles during the season, third most on the team, two interceptions, 11 passes defensed, one forced fumble and three recoveries. If possible, he has raised the level of his performance in the postseason, and has 19 tackles, one interception, three passes defensed and one-half sack.

i bet $1,377 to win $1,251 on the SeaHawks... with a 4 pt spread... i think it will be a close game.. Hawks only have to lose by less then 4 or win outright ... we shall see.. if im cranky on Monday you will know why lol ...

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
i bet $1,377 to win $1,251 on the SeaHawks... with a 4 pt spread... i think it will be a close game.. Hawks only have to lose by less then 4 or win outright ... we shall see.. if im cranky on Monday you will know why lol ...
You're insane!!!! The Steelers are going to blow them out....Get ready to be sad:(

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:

Man, that's insane. That's a lot of bank, this must be more than "just for fun," eh?!I hope you don't find yourself "chasing" for another big win?!

Dodens Grav said:
I knew this game wasn't going to be a blowout. Nice call, T-Man. This game is too close for me...only a four point lead so far.
1st off I can't believe you jokers are even on this messageboard during the Super Bowl..Second when you pull your head out of your ass and open your eyes you'll see that 21 - 10 is two scores ahead and that's pretty much a beating....You're quite the clown kid...pissing and moaning when I tell you The Pats are better than The Steelers...Then having what almost seems like a sense of pride that Pittsburgh's letting them stay in the game...
And finally posting on a message board instead of watching the game with friends & partying like most people do.....I'd like to go off on you a whole lot more. But out of respect for Hawk and the people who don't like to read such things I'm done......Enjoy it Steelers!!!! It's a ride that will end next season!!!

Dodens Grav said:
Considering the Steelers were losing for most of the first half and the Seahawks pretty much beat themselves and the game was damn close by the end of the third quarter, it certainly was not a blowout. I'm just sorry that you feel that you can't be wrong, even when you are. You make excuses to try to make it seems like you're still right. "Pittsburgh's letting them stay in the game?" I assure you that the Steelers did not intentionally let this happen. They played a sloppy game. Both teams did. The Seahawks negated two touchdowns with stupid penalties. There are your two scores. Another could've been had very easily had Jackson moved his foot the other way (which he had the ability to do so). That's a 21 point swing. To say this game was not close or that it was not a hell of a lot closer than the score is really self-delusional. You're not always right, you know. I'm sorry to tell you that.

Also, personal insults are uncalled for. I'm a joker and a clown and I'm wrong for posting on a message board during halftime because I don't want to watch the Stumbling Stones perform the same songs for the millionth time that I didn't like the first time? Well if that excuse isn't good enough for you, I was on the computer doing schoolwork. Does that meet your approval yet? If not, then I apologize for not being you.
No apologies wanted or accepted...Like I said kid(FOS) I can't figure you out... Are you a Steelers fan, A Seahawks fan or just a fan of trying to piss me off?? After The Wildcard weekend I was pretty well wrong up until last night...I don't have a problem admitting mistakes or error...You on the other hand play the "I love The Steelers" deal until it seems like I say I hope they win the bowl too then all of a sudden "Oh The Seahawks are such a tough team etc...) After the first half there was nothing close about this game...
The Steelers corrected their mistakes (Something I thought a diehard Steeler fan would be able to see!!) and Seattle continued to play sloppy poorly coodinated football??? You don't agree?? Pittsburgh won by two scores (Three if they don't get the conversion) and you're calling it a close game..
Whatever dude....I'm not even sure how big a fan you are....N.E. won two of their three S.B.s on last second FG's....that's a close game!! 21 - 10 is not close and if you can't admit that I think you're the one who has problems admitting wrong.