off-topic..... football....

MTLHEAD_789 said:
but now jake plummer is going to the superbowl.. because carson palmer and someone else got hurt...
You're reaching pretty far there ain't ya Mtlhead?? I mean lets be serious..
The Bengals played 6 teams with a winning record this year and out of the six only beat two (And one of them was The Bears with Orton starting only his 2nd game in week 3) And The Steelers...Who won the one that mattered!!(Playoff) Bengals were on a two game losing streak going into the playoffs and wouldn't have beaten The Steelers if Palmer played the whole game....And I have no bias since I have The Broncos winning today. So I wouldn't disrespect Jake by saying he's only here because Palmer went down cause truth is they more than likely would've beat Cincy if Pitt didn't..

Wheezer. If you read this before you go..Have a great time man!!!
When The Steeler offense is on the field yell yourself crazy!! and when you're tailgating have a beer for the T-man..:headbang:

Broncos Over Steelers

Panthers Over Seahawks

Super Bowl Pick: (Subject to Change)

Broncos Over Panthers

**Subject to change because I first liked The Panthers to win The Super Bowl...But with all their recent injuries I have "Temporarily" changed my pick till I see how Nick Goings, Julius Peppers and the rest of their walking wounded perform today and who will play on 2-5-06**

well it is now 3:15 here on the west coast, and the broncos just lost to the steelers 34-17....:cry:.... well the broncos had a good run, and theres always next.... *sigh*

Prowler121 said:
I hate The Broncos but I like fellow metalheads. So good luck tomorrow Wheezer!

Hey! You jinxed me! :D :loco:

Congrats Bryant, Doden's Grav, and any other Steelers fan in here that I missed. The Steelers came into Denver and handed the Broncs their asses. There was a ton of Steelers fans at the game and they were all cool as hell. Really enjoyed talking to quite a few of them. One of them even offered me tickets to the rematch in Pitt next season! It was a good ride while it lasted. Good luck to the Steelers in the big ol' XL!

T_man357 said:
Wheezer. If you read this before you go..Have a great time man!!!
When The Steeler offense is on the field yell yourself crazy!! and when you're tailgating have a beer for the T-man..:headbang:

I did have a good time. Even with the final result. It was too early in the morning for beer so we had hot chocolate and donuts. That and I'm still working my way through a cold that I managed to get on Thursday. I still did yell a lot though. I doubt I'll have a voice for another week or so. :D

Congrats to The Steelers!!! Their defense made The Broncos self destruct!!!! There's too much that can be said about this game so I'll just leave it at Great Game Steelers!!!!!

Carolina had injuries to key people but besides that showed that you can't just depend on one guy....When The Seahawks took Steve Smith out of the game they took away any Panther chances of winning..

Updated Super Bowl XL Pick:

This will probably be a boring Super Bowl (Unless you like one way ass kickings!!!)

Steelers Over Seahawks By double digits!! Maybe two TD's!!! There's NO WAY Seattle can hang with that "D"!!

Speaking of them...I'm happy for the Steelers entire Defense and Bettis (Who truly deserves this) Hines Ward and Berger who's proving he should've went #1

As someone from the Sea Chicken state, I really wish they would have lost. I'm sick of hearing about it. What I never understood is when people from this area call it 'their' team or the 'local' team. The team is based in a city two hours drive from me and the team members grew up all over the country. There is no such thing as a pro local team. Sorry...had to vent.

RockMyMonkey said:
As someone from the Sea Chicken state, I really wish they would have lost. I'm sick of hearing about it.
Well you're in luck dude....They're FAR from the best team in the NFC and will more than likely get pounded unmercifully.....

I'm probably the only one who wishes yesterdays AFC Championship Game was played in Foxboro against The Patriots....Sorry Wheezer, But The Broncos really mailed it in yesterday and bummed me out to no end...I think N.E. would've played better (probably winning) Brady just wouldn't have made those types of mistakes that Jake did (Which really surprised me!!) It's a shame that Lynch hurt his leg, you could see that it was affecting his play..But that aside they did nothing to stop The Steelers air & ground game.

At least Bettis & Ward will get Super Bowl rings....Both are really deserving..
And Polamalu, The second coming of Ronnie Lott is starting his career off in outstanding fashion!!!(Love that kid!!!!!)

The Panthers ended up with all those injuries so late in the season...Clearly they were the best team in the NFC coming in (IMO) But they'll rebound and probably make the Championship game next year....The Eagles dominance of the NFC is officially over!!

T_man357 said:
Sorry Wheezer, But The Broncos really mailed it in yesterday and bummed me out to no end...I think N.E. would've played better (probably winning) Brady just wouldn't have made those types of mistakes that Jake did (Which really surprised me!!) It's a shame that Lynch hurt his leg, you could see that it was affecting his play..But that aside they did nothing to stop The Steelers air & ground game.

I guess Jake had the flu. No excuses but it couldn't have helped. I blame the D mostly for allowing the game to get to a point where Jake was going to feel the pressure even more. He ain't no comeback kid.

Here's the topper for the weekend for me. My season ticket account got selected for SB tickets. Yup! That's right. I could have purchased two tickets to XL had the Broncs won. :erk: Pretty funny. A once in a lifetime shot, but just kidding. :lol:

T_man357 said:
Well you're in luck dude....They're FAR from the best team in the NFC and will more than likely get pounded unmercifully.....
I think they have a chance. Though I'm far from a fan of either if the two teams playing. In fact I'm probably not gonna watch, I have no investment in either team! I'm condsidering the season over and am looking ahead to the draft....
Corso1.jpg

sixxswine said:
I think they have a chance. Though I'm far from a fan of either if the two teams playing. In fact I'm probably not gonna watch, I have no investment in either team! I'm condsidering the season over and am looking ahead to the draft....
Corso1.jpg
That pic is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Given that this IS the official America Football thread....
How do you guys and gals feel about Arena Football?!
I watch, though I don't get as passionate about it as I do with NFL football....
The same goes with World League, I like it being spread world wide, but it's missing something....

sixxswine said:
Given that this IS the official America Football thread....
How do you guys and gals feel about Arena Football?!
I watch, though I don't get as passionate about it as I do with NFL football....
The same goes with World League, I like it being spread world wide, but it's missing something....

Lessee, Denver's team has Elway running the show and won the championship last year. I might watch a coupla games this season. That probably answers your question. I'd like to go see a game in person and see if that might change my outlook at all.

Wheezer said:
Lessee, Denver's team has Elway running the show and won the championship last year. I might watch a coupla games this season. That probably answers your question. I'd like to go see a game in person and see if that might change my outlook at all.
It's fast paced, not boring at all, but it seems like it's something that you'd have to see "live and in person" to really get what it's all about...
The team we had in Portland left after two seasons and now are in NYC...
We had Stan Brock fromer Saints player as their coach...

I watch all football!! Everything from The old USFL, NFL Europe to Arena to the now defunct XFL...Hell I even catch some of the semi-pro team here in Mass. In retrospect looking back I would've liked to have pursed it a little more serious than I did (Played in High School, and joined the Army right after where i discovered my love for boxing...But that's another thread..)

sixxswine said:
It's fast paced, not boring at all, but it seems like it's something that you'd have to see "live and in person" to really get what it's all about...
The team we had in Portland left after two seasons and now are in NYC...
We had Stan Brock fromer Saints player as their coach...

It's in the blood...
My oldest son shares this love an passion for football, like me.
He has played the game for the first time this year, he has studied the game, he knows stats that I can't even recall or know...
He's well on his way to becoming a full blown football fanatic!
It's nothing that is forced on him, but am I glad he loves it?!
Hell yes! He came home this evening with the AFL kick off magazine, can't wait to read it! Maybe this heavy music thing will grow on him?!
Who knows....