off-topic..... football....

Bryant said:
Don't take that the wrong way T. Porter (and Hampton) are the leaders of the defense. As great as Polamalu is, he is actually a quiet type when not on the field. When I said "back him up" I meant, The Steelers and Cowher would never add to his comments. They allow him to say what he wants to and supports him as a team, but not in the media. They have ONE vocal leader and that is Porter now that Flowers is not in the picture. The Steelers have a system. It has kept them competitive for many years. Hopefully it will merit a championship soon.

Bryant
O.K. bro, I get you now....When I think about all the great linebackers that The Steelers have had through the years...I get a little jealous...I always remember their last Super Bowl appearance against Dallas with Greg Lloyd & Kevin Greene (One of my all time favorites!!) they've always seemed to have great scouting for defenders (Moving up to draft Polamalu was brilliant!!)

Bryant said:
If they are able to duplicate the pressure they had on Manning this week, Plummer will be in for a long afternoon.
Bryant

Manning is a pocket passer. Jake is not. He's actually better on the move than standing still.

T_man357 said:
I'm equally happy for you Steelers fans!!

I'm not so happy for ALL the Steeler fans. The Steelers have a great fanbase in general. Most of them are cool as hell, but some of the biggest jack-asses I have ever met as far as football fans were Steeler fans. I will do my damnest to NEVER fall into that category. SB winners or 0-16, I am a Bama Steeler for life !!

Bryant

Wheezer said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: That was a great play. It was even in my endzone but the opposite sideline. I didn't see Watson until the last second either.
Dude, I'm crazy envious of your AFC Championship appointment this Sunday..
O.K. I know it's not good to be like that...Please take some more pics and maybe put them up if it's possible.

T_man357 said:
O.K. bro, I get you now....When I think about all the great linebackers that The Steelers have had through the years...I get a little jealous...I always remember their last Super Bowl appearance against Dallas with Greg Lloyd & Kevin Greene (One of my all time favorites!!) they've always seemed to have great scouting for defenders (Moving up to draft Polamalu was brilliant!!)

The fact that you mentioned Greg Loyd makes me bow to you brother !! His stats never put him as an elite LB, but he disrupted sooo many plays it is not even funny. He was one mean SOB on the field.
Hell... if you remember Loyd, you might remember that Saints line-up of Johsnon, Mills, Jackson, and Swilling as well as help from Turnbull on the DL. I have never seen a LB combo like that.

Bryant

Bryant said:
The fact that you mentioned Greg Loyd makes me bow to you brother !! His stats never put him as an elite LB, but he disrupted sooo many plays it is not even funny. He was one mean SOB on the field.
Hell... if you remember Loyd, you might remember that Saints line-up of Johsnon, Mills, Jackson, and Swilling as well as help from Turnbull on the DL. I have never seen a LB combo like that.
The Saints only won a single NFC West Championship back in those days and it was made possible by that defense..I have a Rickey Jackson jersey from when he was with the 49ers, A Pat Swilling one from The Saints...And two Kevin Greene's from his days with the 49ers and the Panthers....I really liked that team, They had Ironhead Heyward running the ball, Bobby Hebert (Anyone remember him) at QB and Floyd Turner was their premier wideout..
That Linebacker group (w/ Renaldo Turnbull on the line) should be considered as one of the best assembled groups to ever play..

Before I forget, A Steeler who deserves much love is Rod Woodson!! Dude was a player....I wish I could get a Kevin Greene Steelers shirt.....I'm all about the "D" when it comes to football Be it college or pro (Speaking of college keep an eye on A.J. Hawk he's far and away the best defensive player coming out this year..BAR NONE!!!)

T_man357 said:
Dude, I'm crazy envious of your AFC Championship appointment this Sunday..
O.K. I know it's not good to be like that...Please take some more pics and maybe put them up if it's possible.

Dude! I'm feelin' crazy lucky that I get to go. I'll definitely be taking pics. Lots of pics. I didn't have all my camera stuff along for the Pats game -- mostly rechargable batteries -- so I was more careful than usual about what I shot.

I have no idea what we're going to do for a tailgate. That game is just too freakin' early. Eggs don't stay on a grill very well. :D

Nick Saban says he's interested in Terrell Owens....So add another team to the short list.(I can see this happening since the two teams have had dealings in the not too far past...A.J. Feeley anyone??) I don't see the reasoning though, I mean think about it..
Mcnabb is one of the better QB's in this league right now as a player, competitor and person and Owens couldn't make that work..So lets say he agrees to play in Miami who at this moment really have no QB (Sorry but Gus Ferotte is a short term anwser) And if they get a rookie he'll probably have adjustment problems like most rookie QB's do...Owens has no patience for anyone but himself....It'll be another disaster (Which is fine with me since The Dolphins play in The Pats division and I can't stand them!!) I hope they get him..

KMADD said:
Agreed he's a jerk.
what?

i think if T.O. wasnt such an asshole he could be the next jerry rice. but his attitude is holding him back. and if he plays for miami he might actually bring the team up(he tends to do that, then bring them right back down).

MTLHEAD_789 said:
what?

i think if T.O. wasnt such an asshole he could be the next jerry rice. but his attitude is holding him back.
You know what though Mtlhead??? That's a pretty big IF!!! Truth is he very well could've been the greatest receiver in the history of the game with both his physical attributes and incredible talent....But unfortunatley the truly great ones have a little something called "Character" and it can't be taught on the field or in the locker room and it's what will always keep a clown like him from being mentioned in the same breath as the great Jerry Rice!!

MTLHEAD_789 said:
and if he plays for miami he might actually bring the team up(he tends to do that, then bring them right back down).
I sincerely doubt it....But it will be fun to watch him try!! I hope Rodney Harrison comes back for The Pats next year to pick up where he left off smacking Owens around in the Super Bowl!!

T_man357 said:
You know what though Mtlhead??? That's a pretty big IF!!! Truth is he very well could've been the greatest receiver in the history of the game with both his physical attributes and incredible talent....But unfortunatley the truly great ones have a little something called "Character" and it can't be taught on the field or in the locker room and it's what will always keep a clown like him from being mentioned in the same breath as the great Jerry Rice!!

T-Man, I am admittedly biased because I am a Steeler fan, but if Hines Ward played for ANY other team I would still think he was awesome. He is a football player through and through and although I am typically a defensive guy.... he is my current fave football player. What do you think of him ?

Bryant

Bryant said:
T-Man, I am admittedly biased because I am a Steeler fan, but if Hines Ward played for ANY other team I would still think he was awesome. He is a football player through and through and although I am typically a defensive guy.... he is my current fave football player. What do you think of him ?
I personally love the guy myself!! He was a three position guy at Georgia (WR, Tailback, QB) who not only adapted to being an NFL WR but excels at it!! And your comment about him being awesome on another team is true (IMO) because he's a talented, grounded person who's a team player and is cool as hell!!! Unlike that faggot Owens who only cares about himself...

There's only a few offense guys that I really like (believe it or not one of them was T.O.) but they usually have to be tough guys..Not sissy QB's or anyone like that...A short list of them would be...Terrell Davis, Walter Payton, Tom Rathman, Ben Coates. You get the idea....But back to Ward...I honestly think there's not one coach in the entire league who would say they wouldn't want him..Aside from his great talent is a selfless player who's all about winning first everything else second...That's why Plexiglass didn't last too long in Pittsburgh, Too into himself!! Once again all this has been IMO.

T_man357 said:
I personally love the guy myself!! He was a three position guy at Georgia (WR, Tailback, QB) who not only adapted to being an NFL WR but excels at it!! And your comment about him being awesome on another team is true (IMO) because he's a talented, grounded person who's a team player and is cool as hell!!!

The press has been drawing parallels between the Steelers and Broncs all week long. The one most impressive and obvious is Hines Ward and Rod Smith. Hines Ward is all class and a hard worker just like Rod. It seems like neither one of them gets much respect outside of their region. A shame really, when the bad examples in the league get more exposure.