off-topic..... football....

Bryant said:
Too bad for the Pats. I have never seen Brady look that bad. He was so cocky at the start of the game. I have also never seen Brady act like that. Vinitiery also goofed. I feel bad for teams that play the Pats next year. That loss will sting.
On the other side of the ball.... congrats to The Broncs ! They were solid. I was very concerned that Jake would not be able to handle the pressure, but Captain Caveman came through.
Bryant

It's just funny to me that people kept looking for Jake to screw up. He hasn't done that all season. He did throw the one pick on one that he shouldn't even have thrown but other than that, he was rock steady.

I'm pulling for the Steelers today. I really want another playoff game in Denver. My voice is shot. My head hurts. And my face hurts from smiling so much. :D At least in here I can use the smilies and give my face a rest.

Congrats Wheezer!!! I'm happy for the Broncos!!
That retarded "We can't lose attitude" that The Pats were showing had me a little worried even before kickoff...They didn't project that attitude on any of the local shows I watched all week. That defense came out angry...And I got to tell you John Lynch who's game I've admired ever since his days with the Bucs is right behind Ronnie Lott & Rodney Harrison as far as awesome safeties go (IMO) And it was easy to tell who got the better of the Champ Bailey - Clinton Portis trade in the preseason...But for those who had doubts Bailey was the difference maker yesterday (Along with "No Mistake Jake") I feel for the Pats...But maybe they should've practiced what they preached!! They said all the right things and didn't act on any of them.

GO STEELERS!!! AFC Championship Game at Mile High!!! I'm just not ready to have to see The Colts as Super Bowl Champs.

Prowler121 said:
Man what happened to The Pats, they used to be good.
They're still a GREAT team dude....They underestimated their opponet and learned a costly lesson..Make no mistake about the fact that next year if a team wants to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl they'll still have to go through New England....So the haters can have their moment in the sun..It can't erase the fact that their still one of the top 3 teams in the NFL and will be back!!!!

Fucking Bears.....:hotjump:

What a SAD game! At least I can go back to sleeping Sunday afternoons now.
I'll tape the superbowl just for the new commercials.....:Spin:

J-Dubya

Wheezer said:
You better be worried about your Colts coming out flat against a very good Pitt team.
Good call Wheezer!!! Manning's crying about how he wants to "Be a good teammate but he had no protection" He's a crybaby!! And I hope he takes the Marino path of no championships for his career...The Steelers showed more heart than I've seen out of any team all year!! Bergers open field tackle saved a sure TD...and Cowher brought a great gameplan..(You could see that Indy wasn't ready to be thrown on) It kind of pissed me off though...I was happy for The Steelers and all and really wanted them to win....But the damn Pats didn't do their job to set up the Championship game at Foxboro..
But oh well, they were beaten by a better team..And I hope that's how the Colts fans feel this morning...And how the Steeler fans feel next Monday.

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
Yeah!!!!!!!! ::: slams football ::: won both bets today... $600 for the day... just short of $2,000 profit for the season..
Quick question for you dude....You posted this earlier...
I lost $300 on that game... grrrrrr.... have $300 each on Colts and Bears tomorrow...
And...
it's the bookies commission that kills me if i dont win more then 52% of my bets... Colts better get their act together tomorrow...

I don't see how you could've won anything...The Colts were dropping 9 1/2 And The Bears were dropping 3 and both teams lost outright so even if you didn't lay the points you lost regardless...Explain??

Dodens Grav said:
they almost got robbed on some bullshit calls and non-calls. Bettis didn't help their cause at the end there, but Roethlisberger saved the day.
His fumble didn't help...But his TD and 46 on the ground did...Don't be anti Bettis...He's done alot for The Steelers over the years and will be a big part of next weeks game!!! Bergers open field tackle (basically one handed) was awesome!!! And taking Polamalu's INT from him was horrible...My personal highlight was Joey's Porters sacks!! way to get after Manning!!

I don't see Pittsburgh getting past Denver next week....But almost everyone didn't see them getting past Indy so all bets are off..

Dodens Grav said:
I didn't mean that comment that way. Bettis has been my favorite player for a long time, but that fumble almost lost the game, so it still has to be mentioned. Shit happens, and nobody's perfect. It's just unfortunate that it happened. I would've felt horrible if that became the last play of his carear though.
I knew that dude...I just have alot of respect for the guy and even if they had lost the game (which I'm glad they didn't:D ) I would've just hoped that maybe he would've gotten a pass from Steeler fans just on his past greatness alone...I didn't mean anything negative by it.

T_man357 said:
Quick question for you dude....You posted this earlier...

And...

I don't see how you could've won anything...The Colts were dropping 9 1/2 And The Bears were dropping 3 and both teams lost outright so even if you didn't lay the points you lost regardless...Explain??

K my bad.... for some reason I thought i bet the Colts and Bears ( i need a vacation.. i been working too many hours lately and losing my mind lol ) :loco: .. anyways these are the teams i bet and won/lost $$ :

Seattle : won $300

New England : Lost $330

Pittsburgh : Won $300

Carolina : won $300

My account is at : $2,079 below is the copy/paste of my account page if you dont believe me:

Ticket # 14172058 Straight BetONLINE/-1 Risk/Win : 330/300 Result: WIN1,809.00 300.00 1/14/2006 NFL[302] SEATTLE -9 -110 WIN

Ticket # 14227477 Straight Bet ONLINE/-1 Risk/Win : 330/300 Result: LOSE1,479.00 -330.00 1/14/2006 NFL[303] NEW ENGLAND +3 -110 LOSE

End Balance: 1479.00 Win/Loss: -30.00 1/15/2006 BalanceAmount

Ticket # 14227478 Straight Bet ONLINE/-1 Risk/Win : 330/300 Result: WIN1,779.00 300.00 1/15/2006 NFL[305] PITTSBURGH +9½ -110 WIN

Ticket # 14227479 Straight Bet ONLINE/-1 Risk/Win : 330/300 Result: WIN2,079.00 300.00 1/15/2006 NFL[307] CAROLINA +2½ -110

K my bad.... for some reason I thought i bet the Colts and Bears ( i need a vacation.. i been working too many hours lately and losing my mind lol ) :loco: .. anyways these are the teams i bet and won/lost $$ :

Seattle : won $300

New England : Lost $330

Pittsburgh : Won $300

Carolina : won $300

My account is at : $2,079 below is the copy/paste of my account page if you dont believe me:

Ticket # 14172058 Straight BetONLINE/-1 Risk/Win : 330/300 Result: WIN1,809.00 300.00 1/14/2006 NFL[302] SEATTLE -9 -110 WIN

Ticket # 14227477 Straight Bet ONLINE/-1 Risk/Win : 330/300 Result: LOSE1,479.00 -330.00 1/14/2006 NFL[303] NEW ENGLAND +3 -110 LOSE

End Balance: 1479.00 Win/Loss: -30.00 1/15/2006 BalanceAmount

Ticket # 14227478 Straight Bet ONLINE/-1 Risk/Win : 330/300 Result: WIN1,779.00 300.00 1/15/2006 NFL[305] PITTSBURGH +9½ -110 WIN

Ticket # 14227479 Straight Bet ONLINE/-1 Risk/Win : 330/300 Result: WIN2,079.00 300.00 1/15/2006 NFL[307] CAROLINA +2½ -110
It wasn't about disbelief..I just thought you wrote it wrong...Hard to pass up
The Steelers +9 1/2....The Seattle game on the other hand you got over on...I'm sorry but three turnovers and no Alexander they had no business winning that game...Anyway congrats on what definetley was a productive season for you.. I lost on The Pats too (No cash just pride) But I nailed a monster week last week 3G and I'm done for the year.

T_man357 said:
Congrats Wheezer!!! I'm happy for the Broncos!!

Thanks man! It's much appreciated. I had a ton of fun Saturday. I left the house at about 10:00 Saturday morning and didn't get back home until midnight. Sorry I didn't get back sooner. It was a busy weekend! :D

Here's some pics from the game:
http://www.pbase.com/wieser537/pats_broncs_divisional&page=all

And the story that goes with it:
http://tinyurl.com/exxfe

T_man357 said:
GO STEELERS!!! AFC Championship Game at Mile High!!!

That worked out pretty well! I just got the word from my best friend that he's managed to work it out to stay out here the rest of the week and go to the game. I'm pretty stoked already and I still have almost a week to wait.

T_man357 said:
Good call Wheezer!!! Manning's crying about how he wants to "Be a good teammate but he had no protection" He's a crybaby!!

Even a blind squirrel... :D

I couldn't believe that when I saw it. I've liked Peyton for quite a while. A QB calling out his OL is suicide. It's a good thing for him they don't have a game for a while so he can have some time to smooth things over. With their cap like it is and Manning shooting off his mouth they may be headed for an offseason implosion.

You let a guy act like an ass and pretend he runs the team and this is what happens....Would you still want him on your team Whisper?? (Question not posed in an antagonizing fashion...But simply asked...No hurt feeling intended whatsoever!!!!) This definetly happened!! And is now being covered up by the team..I guarantee if they don't try to deal him for a 1st rounder or a suitable replacement all that retarded showboating of this year Lewis won't tolerate next year..

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/01/10/johnson.html