off-topic..... football....

JakePlummer said:
"I don't give a shit! The only stats that matter are wins and losses! This isn't the Cardinals where you go into a season knowing you're going to lose!..."

This is exactly what I like about Jake!!! He's a hard nosed, take no prisoners type of QB who is finally getting the respect he deserves!! I can't root for him this week but should they beat The Pats, I'll damn sure be rooting for them the rest of the way.... That sounds like such a great time Wheezer!!!
I wish The Pats were that open on "Fan Day" but it's not even close...I won't go into particulars but access to the players everyone want to meet (I.E. Brady, Harrison, Seymour, etc...) is extremely limited..About the only guy really accessible that everyone knows is Vinateri..And though he's cool (Real cool to be truthful) he's just not the guy I wanted to meet....I'm seriously Denver bound in June.

T_man357 said:
This is exactly what I like about Jake!!! He's a hard nosed, take no prisoners type of QB who is finally getting the respect he deserves!! I can't root for him this week but should they beat The Pats, I'll damn sure be rooting for them the rest of the way.... That sounds like such a great time Wheezer!!!
I wish The Pats were that open on "Fan Day" but it's not even close...I won't go into particulars but access to the players everyone want to meet (I.E. Brady, Harrisson, Seymour, etc...) is extremely limited..About the only guy really accessible that everyone knows is Vinateri..And though he's cool (Real cool to be truthful) he's just not the guy I wanted to meet....I'm seriously Denver bound in June.

Yeah, that's what I like about him too. It is a great time but it's a fairly recent development. Right after they won the first one, access was cut back a lot. After the second one it got even worse. I think that's just the way it is. It's taken them a few years to relax a bit and I could see it swinging back the other direction. The nicest player was always Elway. The second nicest, believe it or not, was Sharpe. My friend has about two minutes of video of Sharpe talking to his son.

You go ahead and come out in June. We'll be sure to hook up and have a good time.

My picks..
Broncos over the Patriots (too much D and I dont think the pats will have
a decent running game)
Colts over the Steelers (Corey Simon couldn't pick a better time to come back
to shore up our run defense this is going to be a tough dogfight! I'd say 24 to 14.
Bears over Carolina (too much D and it depends on which Rex Grossman shows
up)
Seahawks over Washington-(sorry I dont think the Redskins have the D to stop Alexander)

T_man357 said:
T.O.'s career is basically all done..I can't honestly imagine a team signing him for more than one year at a time and even then it's going to take a serious risk taker (Jerry Jones in Dallas, Arthur Blank in Atlanta) are probably the two frontrunners in signing him (IMO)

TO won't work well in Atlanta. Mike Vick is not a good pure passer to begin with, but the skills he does have as a passer are actually the laser passes much like his cousin Aaron Brooks. He doesn't throw the deep ball well, nor any pass that requires much of a touch. It's not that TO isn't a fine receiver working from underneath a CB, but The defense (against Atlanta) will either play a cover two with the CB shadowing the receiver underneath or they will attempt to drop a combo of a safetiy and LB (just for example) into mid-zone, keeping the passing lanes clogged. TO will be able to find seams underneath the corner, but he prefers the longer routes from time to time and Vick can't get the ball to him on those types of routes.

Bryant

My divisional play-off picks....

Washington @ Seattle - Close game, but not a defensive struggle. Brunell finds a rythm along with Portis running well, but even Washington's killer defense succumbs to Alexander and Hasselbeck.......

Seattle.

Carolina @ Chicago - THis will be a defensive struggle. Carolina does have Steve Smith and he is the difference maker. Deshaun Foster gets stopped for little to no gain often, but makes up for it with two or three big runs.....

Carolina

New England @ Denver...... I would almost say flip a coin on this one, however, I have to say two words: Tom Brady. He simply seems too good to lose. Taking nothing away from Belichik, Dillon and the NE defense, Tom Brady is the best football player in the NFL. He scares the living hell out of me at this time of the year. In fact, though I hate to give too much credit to a kicker, AV is also a force to deal with.
The Broncos are a very good team. I think they will fight tooth and nail on this one and it will be close, but I have to pick the.....

Patriots

Steelers @ Colts - Of course I am going to pick The steelers. I am biased and proud of it, but I WILL explain why......

The Steelers have quietly averaged 29.5 points in their last six games. Lebaugh has learned how to not blitz so often due to a much improved secodary. The Steelers are now healthy. In their first meeting, Ben came off an injury and starting left tackle, Marvel Smith was trying to play injured. The Steelers had no silent snaps going into the first game against Indy. It is in their playbook now and is well practiced. Lastly..... Hines Ward has been held to mediocre stats the last few games. He will catch fire Sunday.

Steelers baby !!

Bryant

Bryant said:
TO won't work well in Atlanta. Mike Vick is not a good pure passer to begin with, but the skills he does have as a passer are actually the laser passes much like his cousin Aaron Brooks. He doesn't throw the deep ball well, nor any pass that requires much of a touch. It's not that TO isn't a fine receiver working from underneath a CB, but The defense (against Atlanta) will either play a cover two with the CB shadowing the receiver underneath or they will attempt to drop a combo of a safetiy and LB (just for example) into mid-zone, keeping the passing lanes clogged. TO will be able to find seams underneath the corner, but he prefers the longer routes from time to time and Vick can't get the ball to him on those types of routes.
I agree with everything said above, you put it perfectly!! But from what I'm reading & hearing Arthur Blank wants T.O. on the Falcons...Mora Jr. and Greg Knapp are telling him they can make it work since they know him from the 49er days (Offensive & Defensive Coodinators) And I believe that Blank is just looking at it from a dollars & cents perspective (As most owners do) figuring he has the the QB that everyone wants to see (NOT-IMO!! But anyways) might as well team him up with the most physical receiver in the league...And you know the battle cry in Atlanta is that Vick needs more than just Crumpler to throw to....And they seem to be the only ones left after what Wheezer told me about the Broncos, And on NFL Network last week they had a report with a Cowboys official who said that Parcells wants no part of T.O. (Like Philly would ever trade him in division anyway!!) So I don't know...I do know he won't end up in New England!!! But if I'm guessing, unless they say different he'll probably be a Falcon next year....Where he'll suffer from Vicks inability to get the ball down field till he finally starts taking cheap shots at him and either catches a beating from Keith Brooking or has the same thing that happened this year happen again...The guys an ass!!!! I wish no one would sign him!!

Bryant said:
Steelers @ Colts - Of course I am going to pick The steelers. I am biased and proud of it, but I WILL explain why......

The Steelers have quietly averaged 29.5 points in their last six games. Lebaugh has learned how to not blitz so often due to a much improved secodary. The Steelers are now healthy. In their first meeting, Ben came off an injury and starting left tackle, Marvel Smith was trying to play injured. The Steelers had no silent snaps going into the first game against Indy. It is in their playbook now and is well practiced. Lastly..... Hines Ward has been held to mediocre stats the last few games. He will catch fire Sunday.

Steelers baby !!
I can't even begin to tell you how badly I want you to be right!!!!! I took The Colts but will lose that pick with a BIG smile should The Steelers win...

Wheezer said:
Yeah, that's what I like about him too. It is a great time but it's a fairly recent development. Right after they won the first one, access was cut back a lot. After the second one it got even worse. I think that's just the way it is. It's taken them a few years to relax a bit and I could see it swinging back the other direction. The nicest player was always Elway. The second nicest, believe it or not, was Sharpe. My friend has about two minutes of video of Sharpe talking to his son.

You go ahead and come out in June. We'll be sure to hook up and have a good time.
Consider it done bro...It looks like too much football fun to pass up!! Not to mention every picture of Colorado I've ever seen makes it look awesome and seeing it would be cool...Maybe getting in a little hunting if possible.

Shannon Sharpe is one of the coolest guys ever in this league!! But he's one of those people where you either like him or you don't!! There's no middle ground..Lots of Pats fans hate him for all the harrassment he gave us on the sidelines when Denver was pounding us at a game at Foxboro....I figure everyone's seen that footage at one time or another where he fakes a call to the President telling him "The Patriots need the National Guard because they're getting killed" All the Pats fans I know hate him....I personally think he's a guy with lots of personality and is really cool (I like him on the NBC Pregame) So I'm gonna make that trip I just got to find out the dates, nearby hotels and other things it's too early to do right now..

This is the short list of players I'd like to see (Tell me if this is possible)

Lynch, Plummer, Wilson, Bailey, D.J. Williams, Mike Anderson, Rod Smith, Gold,
Foxworth, Myers, Warren, Pryce, Ekuban, Courtney Brown. And if Romo, Ed Mccaffery or Elway wanted to visit that would rock!!!

With my luck they'll probably win the Super Bowl this year and this years Fan Day will be in lockdown mode like the last few Patriots ones....

Bryant said:
New England @ Denver...... I would almost say flip a coin on this one, however, I have to say two words: Tom Brady. He simply seems too good to lose. Taking nothing away from Belichik, Dillon and the NE defense, Tom Brady is the best football player in the NFL. He scares the living hell out of me at this time of the year. In fact, though I hate to give too much credit to a kicker, AV is also a force to deal with.
The Broncos are a very good team. I think they will fight tooth and nail on this one and it will be close, but I have to pick the.....

Patriots

:devil: :devil: :bah: :zombie: :mad: :zombie: :bah: :devil: :devil:

I'm going to disown you, my metal brother! :D

T_man357 said:
Consider it done bro...It looks like too much football fun to pass up!! Not to mention every picture of Colorado I've ever seen makes it look awesome and seeing it would be cool...Maybe getting in a little hunting if possible.

I could prolly be talked into guiding a little tour of Rocky Mountain National Park. There'll still be about 10 feet of snow at the top. The road opens the last weekend of May so that would fit perfectly. Although they have been known to close it in July if a snow storm does roll through up there. :D

Hunting?!!? Nothing's in season in June. You will be able to see some Elk with racks that you would kill for. Literally. :D They're a dime a dozen around here. There's a herd that hangs around from time to time that's not five miles from my house. Up in the hills a bit you practically trip over them. Deer, Bighorn Sheep, and maybe even a bear. I've only seen one bear though.

T_man357 said:
This is the short list of players I'd like to see (Tell me if this is possible)

Lynch, Plummer, Wilson, Bailey, D.J. Williams, Mike Anderson, Rod Smith, Gold,
Foxworth, Myers, Warren, Pryce, Ekuban, Courtney Brown. And if Romo, Ed Mccaffery or Elway wanted to visit that would rock!!!

They're all possibles. But to put any kind of probability on it would be impossible. They move them around from picture booths to autograph lines and the schedule for each isn't known until you get into the stadium for the day.

Romo and Elway are almost certainly no-shows. I don't think Romo would be allowed in the stadium. Mac does get around quite a bit. I got Braxton's autograph last year. Schlereth is always there. So there are some former Broncs that show up.

T_man357 said:
With my luck they'll probably win the Super Bowl this year and this years Fan Day will be in lockdown mode like the last few Patriots ones....

I hope you're right about the SB part. :D

Pats are coming To Denver like gangbusters tonight. Still, as long as Plumber(instead of Plummer because he is known to single-handedly throw games down the drain), doesn't revert back to normal interception-throwing, bonehead-playing form, it should be a close game. I predict the Pats win in by 7 or less.

One And Done, One And Done!

-Go Colts!

Man what happened to The Pats, they used to be good. Oh well, I still get to look forward to an inevitable Bronco playoff loss. If Pittsburgh somehow beat The Colts tomorrow, I will favor The Broncos against The Steelers at Incesto and a probable win in the SB against a far inferior NFC team.

But if I'm guessing, unless they say different he'll probably be a Falcon next year....Where he'll suffer from Vicks inability to get the ball down field till he finally starts taking cheap shots at him and either catches a beating from Keith Brooking or has the same thing that happened this year happen again...The guys an ass!!!! I wish no one would sign him!![/quote]

Vick plays backyard football to me....... BUT.... he doesn't get much help from his WR corps. His completion percentage when he throws to Crumpler is probably pretty good. TO won't turn him into a great QB, but being completely fair to Vick, having a true second option could do nothing but help. Micheal Jenkins and Rod.... (can't remember his last name, the rookie from Alabama Birmingham,) are both still young, and may still blossom as well, but they are still a running team. I would be worried more about a stud LB than a receiver. They led the NFL in rushing, yet didn't make the play-offs. That is a defensive problem.

Bryant

Too bad for the Pats. I have never seen Brady look that bad. He was so cocky at the start of the game. I have also never seen Brady act like that. Vinitiery also goofed. I feel bad for teams that play the Pats next year. That loss will sting.
On the other side of the ball.... congrats to The Broncs ! They were solid. I was very concerned that Jake would not be able to handle the pressure, but Captain Caveman came through.

Bryant

Prowler121 said:
Pats are coming To Denver like gangbusters tonight. Still, as long as Plumber(instead of Plummer because he is known to single-handedly throw games down the drain), doesn't revert back to normal interception-throwing, bonehead-playing form, it should be a close game. I predict the Pats win in by 7 or less.

One And Done, One And Done!

-Go Colts!

I've listened to the Jake stuff all week from Pats fans. Brady looked more like Arizona Jake and that was the difference in the game.

You better be worried about your Colts coming out flat against a very good Pitt team.