off-topic..... football....

sixxswine said:
That probably true, but would that stop "The Godfather?"
What about all the axes that flew in the last couple of days?
I thought Tice deserved to stay after all that happend this year.
I'd love to see him in Greenbay...

I feel for Mike Sherman (Only losing season gets him fired)

Dom Capers (If your QB gets sacked a record amount of times in a season you use the draft to get offensive linemen to keep him upright...Last years draft for The Texans was all defense except for a TE and a WR) The GM got Capers fired

Steve Mariucci (Same as above....He was the scapegoat for Millen!! Who's the worst GM I've ever seen!!)

T_man357 said:
From what I've been hearing there's a strong possibility of him landing in Denver (Probably on a one year deal) That's not to wish bad luck on your Broncos Wheezer...I like that team very much!! But that's one of the teams being mentioned besides Atlanta, And Dallas

Bowlen has said that Owens will not end up in Denver. Bowlen's one of the best owners in the league in that he lets his people do their work without interfering. On the rare occasions that he does say something, they listen.

Wheezer said:
Bowlen has said that Owens will not end up in Denver. Bowlen's one of the best owners in the league in that he lets his people do their work without interfering. On the rare occasions that he does say something, they listen.

That's great news!! Because he just wouldn't fit...And I could see John Lynch
Mike Anderson or some other player committed to teamwork and winning putting a beatdown on him!! And yes Pat Bowlen is one of the best owners in the NFL!! Doesn't feel the need to act like Jerry Jones or Al Davis...He stays behind the scenes and like you said trusts his people.

T_man357 said:
I feel for Mike Sherman (Only losing season gets him fired)

Steve Mariucci (Same as above....He was the scapegoat for Millen!! Who's the worst GM I've ever seen!!)

I agree about Steve, Millen should have followed...
Sherman got canned, but so did Ray Rhoades(when he coach there)... Another great coach.
Did you think they canned Sherman to force Favre into retirement?!
It just seems that way to me...

T-Man, no problem. I don't easily offend, or get my feelings hurt. If we ever met. you would find out that I am a very easy going guy, which means that my personality, and temperment, is very low key, for the most part. I'm still as passionate about things that matter, as others, but just don't show it as much as some. You seem to be just the opposite, so we come at things differently, that's all. No problems here on my end.

As for Owens, I can't imagine who would want him, but someone will offer him a deal. I can't imagine he'll get any kind of signing bonus to speak of, or that it would be more than a 1, maybe 2, year deal. It will probably include all kinds of stipulations for behavior, and such, and be based on performance bonuses.

How Matt Millen still has a job is beyond me. This guy is clueless. The only good thing about Millen still having a GM job, it keeps him from going back into the TV booth, where he was horrible, as well.

sixxswine said:
Did you think they canned Sherman to force Favre into retirement?!
It just seems that way to me...
YES!!! Absolutley!! We were talking about that at work today.
It was an easy solution to a very hard problem...How do you cut Brett Favre?? Or even suggest he become the backup?? when he made that statement about retiring if they dump Sherman he gave them an out and they wisely took it (Unfortunate for Sherman) but the move made sense.

I'm a big Ray Rhodes fan myself!! I love those hard nose coaches!! He didn't get a fair shake either..

TheWhisper said:
T-Man, no problem. I don't easily offend, or get my feelings hurt. If we ever met. you would find out that I am a very easy going guy, which means that my personality, and temperment, is very low key, for the most part. I'm still as passionate about things that matter, as others, but just don't show it as much as some. You seem to be just the opposite, so we come at things differently, that's all. No problems here on my end.

As for Owens, I can't imagine who would want him, but someone will offer him a deal. I can't imagine he'll get any kind of signing bonus to speak of, or that it would be more than a 1, maybe 2, year deal. It will probably include all kinds of stipulations for behavior, and such, and be based on performance bonuses.

How Matt Millen still has a job is beyond me. This guy is clueless. The only good thing about Millen still having a GM job, it keeps him from going back into the TV booth, where he was horrible, as well.

Cool...Thank you bro...Being insulting or ignorant wasn't my intention and I'm glad we're good..You're low key and laid back which means you'll probably live to be 100...Whereas I'm wound WAY TOO TIGHT and every day could be my last (ha ha ha) again I'm sorry for the insanity..

T.O.'s career is basically all done..I can't honestly imagine a team signing him for more than one year at a time and even then it's going to take a serious risk taker (Jerry Jones in Dallas, Arthur Blank in Atlanta) are probably the two frontrunners in signing him (IMO)

I agree 100% about Matt Millen!! When Detroit smartens up and fires him I hope he doesn't get another broadcast job...There are so many good former coaches & players (Like Deion Sanders who just retired) that maybe they'll be no openings when he's looking.

Just for fun and obviously opinion as I can't predict the future....Or can I :D

Saturday - Redskins (Too much Defense for Chris Simms)

Patriots (8pm Saturday night highs supposed to be in the teens
we're expecting serious snow on Fri...Too much for The Jags!!
oh yeah, And I think we're defending Super Bowl Champs or
something:D )

Sunday - Panthers (Better road record than home this season, ferocious
"D"...Eli not quite ready for prime time!!!)

Steelers (I've already made my case about this game...But even
if the Bengals weren't on a losing streak...The Steelers are
just playing better football...And after this win will go to
Indy next week...Can't wait for that one!!! Have a feeling it
will be more competitive this time around.)

T_man357 said:

Tampa Bay-You might think Simms can get rattled, but he can't and he has Cadillac to easy some pressure off him...
I like The Jags, yes even at Foxboro...
I think the Panthers will pull out a win too...
I think the Bengals are lickin' their wounds after the loss, but a deperate team can certain be a dangerous one, plus they are at home...

Bucs/Skins:
With Washington's secondary banged up, and having thrown the ball well(3 td's) against them earlier this season, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bucs come out throwing. I think the Bucs D will look to stop Portis first and make Brunell beat them with the pass. I'll take the Bucs.

Panthers/Giants:
I like Carolina's defense to contain Tiki and don't know if Manning can win this one with his arm. I like the Panthers in a close one.

Pats/Jags:
Really can't go against the Pats at home. Though, the Jags defense is underrated and I wouldn't be surprised at a Jags win. That said...Pats win.

Steelers/Bengals:
I think this one will be a very close game and would not be surprised if it went into overtime. Whichever team can run the ball will win this one. I think this is the one game where the road team wins...Steelers in a real tight one.

Damn, Herm Edwards is going to make The Chiefs offense mediocre. The best offense of the last 4 years is going to be castrated by 'play to not lose' playcalling and genral coaching mentality. Hopefully The Chiefs can get a balls out lunatic like Mike Martz(probably shouldn't be a head coach anyways) ,at OC to balance this out a bit. As long as all of The Chief's free agency aquisitions and draft picks are used for defense and wide-recievers, they should still be contenders next season. I'm guessing that the AFCW is going to be an even tighter division next season with The Raiders gaining a decent QB, which I think will be greasy Al's main priority.

T_man357 said:

When you're THIS DAMN GOOD!!!!:D :D

Those games were free....Please call my 900 # 1-900 TMAN-WIN
And for the low price of $99.95 You get ALL the winners!!!

Coming Soon my new "Future Predicting" Line....Miss Cleo's a fake!!! Call me now for your free reading!! (This is in humor...I feel like this has to be put here to avoid hurt feelings....Kind of sad when you think about it.)

T_man357 said:
When you're THIS DAMN GOOD!!!!:D :D

Those games were free....Please call my 900 # 1-900 TMAN-WIN
And for the low price of $99.95 You get ALL the winners!!!

Coming Soon my new "Future Predicting" Line....Miss Cleo's a fake!!! Call me now for your free reading!! (This is in humor...I feel like this has to be put here to avoid hurt feelings....Kind of sad when you think about it.)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was about to pat you on the back myself but after seeing this post I was afraid of causing a shoulder injury of some sort! :D

Wheezer said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was about to pat you on the back myself but after seeing this post I was afraid of causing a shoulder injury of some sort! :D
I didn't mean to get TOO high on myself...But those four teams coming in for me got me $3000 this week and I just got excited You thought the post was bad??? People watching that Steeler win with me last night got it FULL ON!!!

Again, I didn't mean to be a dink...But dude..I'm just excited!!