off-topic..... football....

T_man357 said:
How fitting that The Bengals are going to finish with the 4th seed in the playoffs!! Where's all that Super Bowl talk now???Also I didn't notice what was Chad Johnsons latest end zone dance last week.
I'll say it again "Easy Schedule = Easy Elimination"!!!

I really hate that The Steelers didn't beat Cincy in the last game because Hines ward did the "Ickey Shuffle" and Chad got to do.... no dance. Ward has only done two end-zone dances in his career afaik. He did the Eagle flap, in Philly because TO kept opening his mouth before the game and that one. Any other times, he simply hugs his teammate that meets him first, then goes and throws the ball to a kid (or adult on rare occasion) wearing his jersey. That is class !!
I awoke from a schnooze on the couch and guess what was playing on ESPN classic ? 2000 Orange Bowl. It was Shaun Alexander vs. Tom Brady. That was wild. I watched that game live (I live in Alabama) but didn't remember much of it less Bama losing in OT by a missed PAT.

Bryant

I love Chad Johnson and he could play for my team anytime. He does what he does in fun. He had a BIG stocking behind the Bengals bench and, after he scored, he grabbed it and started to throw out signed footballs and t-shirts from the stocking, into the crowd.

TheWhisper said:
I love Chad Johnson and he could play for my team anytime. He does what he does in fun. He had a BIG stocking behind the Bengals bench and, after he scored, he grabbed it and started to throw out signed footballs and t-shirts from the stocking, into the crowd.
While losing a game!?!?! That's one of the reasons the Patriots just win....because there's no retarded showboating...Everybody just does there job and they win Super Bowls. I don't know who your team is...but I guarantee he couldn't play in New England...Winning comes above all else and a clown like him wouldn't be able to accept it...and that's one of the reasons they've gone from #2 seed to almost definetly #4. make sure to watch when they get bounced in the 1st round I'm sure he'll do a dance if he scores and they lose the game!!

T_man357 said:
and that's one of the reasons they've gone from #2 seed to almost definetly #4.
Right, it is because he does some TD celebrations. I hate it when a guy has fun and enjoys what he's doing. He does his job, and does it very well, doesn't cause any problems in the locker room, or off the field. People need to lighten up, football is supposed to be fun...don't take this stuff so seriously.

TheWhisper said:
football is supposed to be fun...don't take this stuff so seriously.
Not from their point of view!!! When you're making millions of dollars you're expected to win, peroid!! And winning requires all the preparation you can give it...Not half on the TD celebration you'll do IF you get in!!

And his retarded little dance (Or whatever he did Christmas stocking or something ,you said) happened in a home game against a team I'm sure everyone in Cincy had them beating..And was of extreme importance since the difference between the 2nd seed and the 4th seed is a 1st round bye!!
Now they go to Arrowhead needing a win they probably won't get, meaning they go into the playoffs two seeds lower than they started on a 2 game losing streak probably having to host a game against The Steelers a team who gives them nothing but trouble every year....Stop me when a good time to celebrate comes up because I'd like to know....The great teams have players that are about the team...Chad Johnson is about himself!!

There was a line in "White Men Can't Jump" that explains him perfectly...
"A black guy would rather lose and look good, than win and look bad"
Replace "black guy" and insert Chad Johnsons name because that quote fits him perfectly....And if you want to see the other side of that quote just look at the Two Time Defending Super Bowl Champion, New England Patriots.
All we do is win ugly....But you know what, who cares WE WIN!!!!

So Chad can sing & dance and celebrate every game...I'm not a Bengals fan and I really don't care!!! I just feel bad for all the other players on the Bengals who give it their all and don't need to make a spectacle of themselves....And for Marvin Lewis who I know wishes he had put a stop to this earlier in the year...I'll bet things are different next year!! Especially if they get bounced in the 1st round like I'm predicting,

T_man357 said:
Wheezer, Have a GREAT TIME at the Broncos home game when you go!!
And if you should be fortunate enough to run into John Lynch Or Al Wilson give them high fives from the T-man (I love those guys!!)

It will be extremely difficult to not have a good time at the game. :D I ran into Wilson at training camp his rookie year. Other than that I haven't seen either him or Lynch. My seats are up in the nosebleeds and pregame is spent tailgating in the parking lot. :D Not much opportunity for interacting with the players.

TheWhisper said:
Right, it is because he does some TD celebrations. I hate it when a guy has fun and enjoys what he's doing. He does his job, and does it very well, doesn't cause any problems in the locker room, or off the field. People need to lighten up, football is supposed to be fun...don't take this stuff so seriously.

It's a team game and the celebrations are a "look at me" individualistic act. I'm fine with most endzone celebrations but it's gotten to the point where planning the celebrations seems to take precedence over winning the game. They are professionals and they get paid to play. It's their job. My job is to write code. I don't think my bosses would be too happy if I spiked the keyboard after writing a kick ass routine. I still have fun at my job but it takes the hardware designer to make the hardware work before I can do my job. It still takes the QB doing his job before Chad gets his TD. It takes the OL doing their job protecting the QB. It takes the coaching staff to game plan and come up with the plays.

Wheezer said:
It will be extremely difficult to not have a good time at the game. :D I ran into Wilson at training camp his rookie year. Other than that I haven't seen either him or Lynch. My seats are up in the nosebleeds and pregame is spent tailgating in the parking lot. :D Not much opportunity for interacting with the players.
That's TOO COOL man!!!!
I won't be able to pull for the Broncs when they play the Pats....But other than them..If N.E. should get eliminated. The Broncos are my team!!

T_man357 said:
That's TOO COOL man!!!!
I won't be able to pull for the Broncs when they play the Pats....But other than them..If N.E. should get eliminated. The Broncos are my team!!

It was pretty cool. I've met a few of them but I go to training camp and they host a fan fair every year. The Broncs are one of the most accessible teams I know of. We get to go right down on the practice fields during training camp. Check out some of my pics. There's several from training camps, Fan Fairs, and games. There's also some music type pics there.

http://www.pbase.com/wieser537

I'm pretty much the same as you but but vice-versa. :D I also wouldn't mind seeing Indy.

Wheezer said:
It's a team game and the celebrations are a "look at me" individualistic act. I'm fine with most endzone celebrations but it's gotten to the point where planning the celebrations seems to take precedence over winning the game. They are professionals and they get paid to play. It's their job. My job is to write code. I don't think my bosses would be too happy if I spiked the keyboard after writing a kick ass routine. I still have fun at my job but it takes the hardware designer to make the hardware work before I can do my job. It still takes the QB doing his job before Chad gets his TD. It takes the OL doing their job protecting the QB. It takes the coaching staff to game plan and come up with the plays.
Perfectly stated!!!

Wheezer said:
It was pretty cool. I've met a few of them but I go to training camp and they host a fan fair every year. The Broncs are one of the most accessible teams I know of. We get to go right down on the practice fields during training camp. Check out some of my pics. There's several from training camps, Fan Fairs, and games. There's also some music type pics there.

http://www.pbase.com/wieser537

I'm pretty much the same as you but but vice-versa. :D I also wouldn't mind seeing Indy.
Awesome pics man!!! Jake Plummer, John Mobley...You we're hanging with THE MAN!!! That looks like a great time!!! If you don't mind post the dates for the Fan Fest next year when you know them...I might be due a trip to Denver..

I graduated high school the same year as Jake Plummer..He was the quarterback for Capital High School in Boise, and our team played against his team for the chance to go to the state championship game. We lost the game, and if I had any idea he would go on to quarterback my favorite NFL team, I would have least had him sign something after the game for me..hahahahah

Yeah that guy is truly an inspiration in our community he even showed up last night at a pacer game too bad he had to see them get beat by the
fuckin Raptors I am scratching my head about the Pacers I see this team
going down the toilet IMO.

Wheezer said:
Yeah, but no one would pay $100 a seat to see you write code...;)

Terrell Owens running out and spiking the ball on the Dallas star at mid-field is one thing...guys having a little fun after a TD is entirely another, imo. Of course it takes everyone to put it all together, but Chad Johnson is a guy just having fun doing his job...and the fans love it, so no harm - no foul. I like to see people enjoying what they're doing. I just don't take the game all that seriously.

Chad can still play for my team anytime. Hell, I'd love to see him lined up at WR opposite Joey Galloway.:headbang:

It'll be interesting to see the playoff matchups after this weekends games. Hoping the Bucs can get that third spot and get at least one home playoff game.

Dodens Grav said:
If it wasn't for Terrell Owens, nobody would stir so much shit about Chad Johnson. Of course, it's also true that Chad Johnson probably would not act the way he does if Owens hadn't blazed that trail.

I agree with you about that. TO took it to an extreme. I think Chad is actually a good guy though and is probably not a distraction to his team too much. TO is a freaking cancer. As much as The Raiders like the "misfits", I bet Al Davis wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole.
Changing the subject......in today's NFL Al Davis might have a hard time ever really getting back on top. With the somewhat equal distribution of talent in the NFL, playing as a unit and having trust in your teammates has become extremely important. Not to say highly skilled players and great coaching are unimportant, but finding players that fit well together under a scheme and on occasion finding a scheme that works well for the players on the team, so they can play well as a unit typically is more important than "superstars." Our NE fan, T-man will probably admit that Tom Brady isn't always the most exciting QB in the world to watch, though even I (who is frankly ready to see NE go down as they are the nemisis of The Steelers in the 200's so far) admit he is a top three QB in the league. What he does is rely on poise, efficiency, reading defenses and precision as opposed to flash. Tom trusts his linemen to protect him, his RB (and line) to provide him with enough of a running game to give him managable third downs and his receivers to be where they are supposed to be when he throws the ball. Tom also trusts the defense to give the offense a chance to win the game.

Bryant