off-topic..... football....

sixxswine said:
Any statement by John Lynch? I know he's close to the familiy.

There's nothing yet. I'll have to listen to the radio on the way home.

I think Lynch is closer to Herm Edwards, as far as the Tampa connection goes. He's the godfather to Edwards' son. I'm sure he's close to Dungy too though because that's the way Dungy is. Just a good guy.

The news started to leak out here real early this morning, I think I heard it first around 6:00 am on sports radio. It is all that has been on the talk shows this morning, and all day. There is not one person, that has ever come in contact with Tony Dungy, that has ever uttered a bad word about the man, around here. Thought and pryers go out to he & his wife, and family.

T_man357 said:
Just waiting for the Pats to advance to the AFC Championship Game while The Steelers are watching it on TV....That's about it right now...Thanks for asking bro..:loco: :D

The Steelers only need to win. Due to the fact that have the same record as San Diego, if they win out, they get the second wildcard slot becase they own the tie-breaker due to the fact that they won in a head-to-head meeting.

Bryant

Bryant said:
The Steelers only need to win. Due to the fact that have the same record as San Diego, if they win out, they get the second wildcard slot becase they own the tie-breaker due to the fact that they won in a head-to-head meeting.

Bryant
I'm aware of that....And I'm pulling for them to get in (The playoffs wouldn't be the same without them) I have no bad feelings against The Steelers!!
I don't know if you read my earlier post....But I thought I made it clear.....sorry if I didn't....I don't think they'll advance too far though...
(I can't even put into words how bummed out I was that they couldn't even beat Cincy in Pitt!!!! Not to mention the coin I lost on that game!!!) But for the sake of Bettis, Ward & that great Defense...I hope they do well!!!!
They won't get through N.E. regardless.

Dodens Grav said:
Roethlisberger played with an injured thumb that game, which caused him to throw interceptions. If he was healthy, the Steelers probably would have won that game. The Steelers can definitely beat them, as they did earlier in the season when Roethlisberger was relatively healthy (boy, has this season been rough on him). But either way, how can you knock a team that's 11 and 3? I mean, if you want to go and blame the Bengals' success on a weak division, you have to account for the fact that the Patriots have a weak division too, and that's the only reason they managed to be the division leader.
:rolleyes: Right dude....It couldn't possibly have been the two time Super Bowl Champions Defense that caused those INT's (You know like last years AFC Championship game?? Won by The Pats 41 - 27..What was your excuse for that?? Berger have PMS or something??) Tell me..What's the weather like on your planet?? And FYI..The Pats play in the 2nd weakest division in football THIS YEAR!!! A fact I haven't once tried to side step...Why don't you try and account for the fact that The Steelers just are not as good as N.E.!!
And don't even try to talk injuries with me....If you're a football fan...And not just a Steelers fan I'm sure I don't have to post the endless list of injuries to the Pats this year (We just put starting OL Matt Light on IR yesterday to add to the list..)

And make up your mind as to who you want to like this week....I have much respect for The Steelers!!! But I'm sorry 11-3 don't mean shit if you play weak teams (The Bengals will find that out in the postseason) I'm thinking it was a fluke that they won in Pittsburgh (Or The Steelers are not that good...You decide.) But either way once the playoffs start..Home Or Away..
Neither one of those teams beats The Patriots!!!.......You'll See.

Dodens Grav said:
I was talking about the Steelers against the Bengals, buddy. You know, the game that you mentioned in your post. There's no reason to talk down to me about a game. I understand football can be a touchy subject for some people, but what the fuck man? Settle down. The Steelers and the Patriots both suffered a lot of injuries and both play in shitty divisions. The only difference is that the Patriots are leading their division, despite the fact that they have the same record. They're both going to be in the playoffs.
I didn't mean to come off like an asshole...it's not the first time it's been said to me, I think reading what someone is saying is harder than hearing them say it...I wasn't trying to talk down to you bro...A few of those comments were meant to be funny....And to be honest I didn't understand your post
(Which explains the "Pick who you like comment")But anyway man, i'm not going to mention football in this reply to you because I want you to know that I didn't try to insult you...And apologize for you taking it that way.
I'm just a diehard football fan who could talk about it 24/7

I hope we're good....Merry Christmas!!

The Bengals are a JOKE!!!
Bye-Bye 1st round bye.....Hello 1st round elimination!!!!
Easy schedule = easy elimination!!! They'll probably lose next week against the Chiefs Too.

Merry Christmas!!

Buc's need to win against the Saint's next week and we take the division. If you would have told me that in the beginning of the season I would have laughed in your face! They aren't the greatest team out there, but they seem to pull through when they really need to. We might even get a home playoff game out of it! At least I'll have some interest in January this year.:cool:

T_man357 said:
Dude, ...I love big hit, sacks, int's, fumbles, etc...Screw the glory boys!! I like the guys who actually win the games, And that being said...The crew of Farrior, Porter, Polamalu, Haggans, Taylor, etc... Are some of the leagues BEST!! And I really enjoy watching them...Not to mention that Jerome Bettis is one of the Toughest, Coolest & Classy guys in the NFL!!!

Absolutely. I took no offense to your posts. I am also passionate about football and of course defense bering a Steeler fan. The steelers have another young LB waiting in the wings in James Harrison as well. He looks like he will be a stud when he gets his more playing time.

As far as The Seahawks go, they are 3rd in the league in rushing defense. I am sure a good deal of that stat is due to their offense, forcing other teams to play catch-up, but it's a good stat tto own. Even more importantly, their defense is fourth in the league in scoring. Opponents average only 16.5 ppg. The ESPN guys don't mention anyone but Hasselbeckand Alexander, but they are pretty solid all around. If they were an AFC team, they wouldn't be as dominant, I would guess, but in an inconsistant NFC conference, and forcing other teams to have to fly all the way over to the corner of the Northwest, I think they are going to be tough to beat.

Bryant

TheWhisper said:
The news started to leak out here real early this morning, I think I heard it first around 6:00 am on sports radio. It is all that has been on the talk shows this morning, and all day. There is not one person, that has ever come in contact with Tony Dungy, that has ever uttered a bad word about the man, around here. Thought and pryers go out to he & his wife, and family.

Tony Dungy is one of the classiest individuals in the NFL. My heart goes out to him, his family and friends.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Absolutely. I took no offense to your posts. I am also passionate about football and of course defense bering a Steeler fan. The steelers have another young LB waiting in the wings in James Harrison as well. He looks like he will be a stud when he gets his more playing time.
It looks to me like The Steelers are in (All they have to do is beat The Lions and they're in....I think they can handle that!!!) And if things stay how they are right now...The 1st round of the playoffs will be, Jags @ Pats and
Steelers @ Bengals in the AFC....The Pats will beat Jacksonville!! It won't be spectacular or anything but they'll win...And The Steelers should CRUSH the OVERRATED Bengals whose soft schedule won't help them in the playoffs!!

Wheezer said:
It is a good year to be a Broncs fan and that's my favorite playoff scenario. Hasn't been this good since '98. I'll be in Mile High screaming my lungs out. I should be getting my playoff tickets in the mail any day now. :headbang: :D

Aside from NE/Jax, I think this is going to be an amazing play-off. In fact, maybe Jax will even make it interesting. Gerrard has played well. They seem to play up or down to their competition so who knows.

On another note, looks like if The Steelers beat Cincy, (and first and foremost Detroit) The Steelers will meet your Broncos in the divisional play-offs. That would certainly give us plenty to talk about.

Bryant

Bryant said:
On another note, looks like if The Steelers beat Cincy, (and first and foremost Detroit) The Steelers will meet your Broncos in the divisional play-offs. That would certainly give us plenty to talk about.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be a lot to talk about.

The best thing about the Broncs hosting a playoff game is that my best friend gets to come out for the game. We've started a tradition that I go out to his place when the Broncs play at KC and we go to that game together. Now he'll get to come out for the playoff game. My tickets ought to be in the mailbox tomorrow. :headbang:

Bryant said:
Aside from NE/Jax, I think this is going to be an amazing play-off. In fact, maybe Jax will even make it interesting. Gerrard has played well. They seem to play up or down to their competition so who knows.
The Jags game is no gimme for The Pats....My concern is not really who's under center but their defense has brought their "A" game into every game they've played this season and could very easily play spoiler....N.E. are still
the Back to Back Champs meaning that bullseye on them won't go away until they're eliminated.....That being said, I'm hoping that The Pats don't look past The Jags and that when that game comes up that it's bitter cold and blizzard conditions (might as well have the home field work for us...Right??)

Wheezer, Have a GREAT TIME at the Broncos home game when you go!!
And if you should be fortunate enough to run into John Lynch Or Al Wilson give them high fives from the T-man (I love those guys!!)

How fitting that The Bengals are going to finish with the 4th seed in the playoffs!! Where's all that Super Bowl talk now??? All I hear is "Patriots Dynasty" talk again!! They go from 2nd to fourth based on a loss in Cincy to the horrible Bills ((N.E. beat them TWICE!!)) that was just pathetic!! Also I didn't notice what was Chad Johnsons latest end zone dance last week...I missed it...Didn't it involve a donkey or something..He got in the end zone and even though they lost he's too big a jackass to not have celebrated!!

The Pats will beat Miami this week and The Bengals lose at K.C. making them the 4th seed....Then will lose their 1st home playoff game against either Jacksonville or Pittsburgh!!

I'll say it again "Easy Schedule = Easy Elimination"!!!