off-topic..... football....

Lost and Found Records USA said:
Why is everyone thinking Pittsburgh is going to do anything?? It absolutely amazes me..

I say Denver...

First, Ben Roethlisberger's record is 20-3 in regular season play. Some of the losses The Steelers took this year where when Maddox started. The Steelers did lay an egg against Indy, but lost 38-31 to Cincy after turning the ball over four times as well as having two more fumbles that went backwards and ended up being drive killers. Those turnovers are uncharacteristic of The Steelers and they would be leading the division had those not occured. The Steelers held the NFC North leading Bears to 9 points in a 21-9 win and the Vikings (who had won six in a row to an) to 3 points in an 18-3 vicotry.
The weather is getting cold which can make for bad field conditions. That is an advantage for a team that can play smash-mouth which The Steelers are still best in the league at (though it won't help them at Indy in the dome.) The backup Rt. tackle Trai Essex has now played in four games straight due to an injury to starter Marvel Smith. His first playing time was against Dwight Freeney of the Colts where he played for the injured Smith and was pummeled which is a big reason The Steelers played so poorly against them. Now with games under his belt, he is holding his own and the OL is winning the war in the trenches. I think The Steelers will be a tough out in the play-offs.

Bryant

T_man357 said:
This is going to be a good year to be a Broncos fan...Especially if N.E. knocks off Indy and has to play at Mile High...I have faith in my team and all...

It is a good year to be a Broncs fan and that's my favorite playoff scenario. Hasn't been this good since '98. I'll be in Mile High screaming my lungs out. I should be getting my playoff tickets in the mail any day now. :headbang: :D

T_man357 said:
But stopping Mike Anderson, Bell (And now Ron Dayne) won't be easy!!! Especially in Denver....not too mention the Broncos impressive "D"
I hope John Lynch makes the Pro Bowl!!

The Broncs D is highly suspect against the pass but I think it's good enough. Hopefully Williams will be back for the playoffs. What a find he was.

We'll find out today who makes the Pro Bowl. I've got my fingers crossed for Hot Rod Smith.

T_man357 said:
When you compare the two schedules....The Steelers wouldn't even be at .500 if they had to play The Pats schedule this year, Which is on record for being the hardest for ANY Super Bowl Champion for the following year.

I never thought of it like that....

The AFC and leaders are Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Pats, Steelers and Jags.
The NFC leaders are Giants, Bears, Seahawks, Panthers, Bucs and Vikes.

The Steelers have played a total of seven games against those teams.
The Patriots have played a total of five games against those teams.
Which schedule is more difficult ?

Bryant

Bryant said:
I never thought of it like that....

The AFC and leaders are Colts, Bengals, Broncos, Pats, Steelers and Jags.
The NFC leaders are Giants, Bears, Seahawks, Panthers, Bucs and Vikes.

The Steelers have played a total of seven games against those teams.
The Patriots have played a total of five games against those teams.
Which schedule is more difficult ?

Bryant

Playing division leaders is tough...Unfortunatley they're are more tough teams out there than just division leaders....Looking at the two schedules side by side it's not even close (Especially when you consider N.E. has already won there against Berger) And if you can't see that...You're blinded by your loyalty and that's good for you...but bad for your judgement. The Pats were the 1st real challenge The Steelers faced this year and you know the outcome of that game..

Pittsburgh:

Regular Season Sun 9/11 Tennessee W 34-7 Sun 9/18 at Houston W 27-7 Sun 9/25 New England L 20-23 bye Mon 10/10 at San Diego W 24-22 Sun 10/16 Jacksonville L 17-23 Sun 10/23 at Cincinnati W 27-13 Mon 10/31 Baltimore W 20-19 Sun 11/6 at Green Bay W 20-10 Sun 11/13 Cleveland W 34-21 Sun 11/20 at Baltimore L 13-16 Mon 11/28 at Indianapolis L 7-26 Sun 12/4 Cincinnati L 31-38 Sun 12/11 Chicago W 21-9 Sun 12/18 at Minnesota W 18-3 Sat 12/24 at Cleveland 1:00 pm Sun 1/1 Detroit 1:00 pm

New England:

Regular Season Thu 9/8 Oakland W 30-20 Sun 9/18 at Carolina L 17-27 Sun 9/25 at Pittsburgh W 23-20 Sun 10/2 San Diego L 17-41 Sun 10/9 at Atlanta W 31-28 Sun 10/16 at Denver L 20-28 bye Sun 10/30 Buffalo W 21-16 Mon 11/7 Indianapolis L 21-40 Sun 11/13 at Miami W 23-16 Sun 11/20 New Orleans W 24-17 Sun 11/27 at Kansas City L 16-26 Sun 12/4 NY Jets W 16-3 Sun 12/11 at Buffalo W 35-7 Sat 12/17 Tampa Bay W 28-0 Mon 12/26 at NY Jets 9:00 pm Sun 1/1 Miami 1:00 pm

Wheezer said:
The Broncs D is highly suspect against the pass but I think it's good enough. Hopefully Williams will be back for the playoffs. What a find he was.
If the linebackers and the defensive line do their job like they have all year the pass coverage shoudn't be too much a problem....Get Manning shaking & holding his head with that pout look on his face and the game belongs to Denver.. (imo)

Dodens Grav said:
Just waiting for the Steelers to seal their playoff spot and prove that they're more than their record would imply! You?

Just waiting for the Pats to advance to the AFC Championship Game while The Steelers are watching it on TV....That's about it right now...Thanks for asking bro..:loco: :D

Hey im concerned about playing the patriots as well as everyone here
but if the Colts get Diem back in time to shore up that offensive line
and playing at dome with Freeney's intensity we might be alright.

KMADD said:
Hey im concerned about playing the patriots as well as everyone here
but if the Colts get Diem back in time to shore up that offensive line
and playing at dome with Freeney's intensity we might be alright.
You guys have a great team this season!!! My only hopes (And believe me they're hopes!!) lie in the fact that we're as healthy as we've been all year and Belichicks track record Manning.

T_man357 said:
I've been up and down all year...(I won big this week with The Pats, Under & Denver on a 3 team parlay)

The game that jumps out of the paper this week (IMO) is
Giants @ Redskins (-3) O/U 37 I like Redskins, Over And pairing it up with
Carolina (-5 1/2) Over Dallas....I also think The Chargers +1 over the Chiefs look good too!!

If you've been winning regularly give me your impressions of these picks and maybe I'll change it up a bit to try and improve my odds..

Philadelphia over arizona, chicago over greenbay .... and New England over Ny Jets... those are my picks so far... maybe even Detroit over New Orleans also... but anyways do your own research on my picks... i only bet on the spreads not over/under etc... no way im betting the seattle/colts game even with the pt spread at 9 1/2... that game could go either way... i think the game the colts just lost was a freak of nature... they were too overconfident and underestimated their rivals....

sixxswine said:
I'll be watching the Seahawks Colts game and hope for an Indy win...

Some still question The Seahawks, but no one has been able to slow Alexander down. I think they are VERY legitimate because they have such great balance offensively, much like Indy. It might be a pass happy NFL, but being able to run the ball still wins ball games. You can ask both Seattle and Indy. The Edge is no slouch either.

Bryant

T_man357 said:
Just waiting for the Pats to advance to the AFC Championship Game while The Steelers are watching it on TV....That's about it right now...Thanks for asking bro..:loco: :D

Hmmm..... The Pats have been the nemises of The Steelers since 2001. However, I do respect Brady, Bellicheck and their defense (as well as Dillon who I thought was a quality back as a Bungle). You should learn to have the same respect against a powerful adversary such as The Steelers.

Bryant

Bryant said:
Hmmm..... The Pats have been the nemises of The Steelers since 2001. However, I do respect Brady, Bellicheck and their defense (as well as Dillon who I thought was a quality back as a Bungle). You should learn to have the same respect against a powerful adversary such as The Steelers.

Bryant
Dude, Don't make the mistake and think I disrespect The Steelers....Because I don't....You made a case in your earlier post about "Running The Ball" which came off to me like it is one of your favorite parts of the game....Dude my favorite part about football is defense....I could care less about Manning, Alexander, etc...I love big hit, sacks, int's, fumbles, etc...Screw the glory boys!! I like the guys who actually win the games, And that being said...The crew of Farrior, Porter, Polamalu, Haggans, Taylor, etc... Are some of the leagues BEST!! And I really enjoy watching them...Not to mention that Jerome Bettis is one of the Toughest, Coolest & Classy guys in the NFL!!!
(Favorite Bettis moment was on a Monday night when that clown Warren Sapp tried skipping through the Steeler warmup and Bettis gave him a good shove....He did that long before Arrington started threatening Sapp)

I'm not really trying to badmouth anyones team....I mean recently The Pats own the Steelers. Sorry but it's true...I don't think you can really deny that.

I definetly think the Seahawks are overrated...And if you don't that's cool...
But when they will lose in the playoffs (I'm guessing in the 1st game they host in the 2nd round) and then maybe the Seahawk supporters will have a reason why other than the obvious.

I'm not trying to bum anyone out....I just love talking football!! It's all opinion either way

sixxswine said:
I'll be watching the Seahawks Colts game and hope for an Indy win...

Looks like Indy's playing their backups. Seattle still needs a win to lock up home field. Makes it a little more interesting.