Off Topic: FUCK VICK!!

A former co-worker of mine recently divorced her husband, who is an animal control officer for McHenry county, and while avid dog-lovers, they swore by the fact that pit bulls are very difficult to control. They have a pack mentality, and if a few get together, they'll turn on anyone - as evident by the attack last year, in which this girls' ex had a lot of tv coverage with.

I work with a guy who said basically the same thing, very violent breed of animal. They aren't like regular dogs, it's just a genetic thing that they can't surpress inside of them. He even said that in the city of Chicago they are completely illegal to own. I asked that you couldn't even go into a pet shop to buy one and he said no, they were outlawed. I found that very interesting, that the city went so far to research something like that and went through all the trouble to set forth a law determining that ordinary citizens had no right to purchase and own THAT particular breed of dog. Fascinating, really if you thing about it.

As far as Vick goes...I'm sure he isn't exactly an upstanding proud example of a person that the NFL would like to have around and he definitely deserves at least a year suspension and some jail time (though I doubt he'll have to toss the salad...:puke:). But all that said, you are crazy if you don't think that every other one of those scumbags that WERE involved aren't bellying up and ratting him out as a collective group. He is obviously the highest profile mark for the cops to nail.

But yeah, Fuck Vick.:p

I work with a guy who said basically the same thing, very violent breed of animal. They aren't like regular dogs, it's just a genetic thing that they can't surpress inside of them. He even said that in the city of Chicago they are completely illegal to own. I asked that you couldn't even go into a pet shop to buy one and he said no, they were outlawed. I found that very interesting, that the city went so far to research something like that and went through all the trouble to set forth a law determining that ordinary citizens had no right to purchase and own THAT particular breed of dog. Fascinating, really if you thing about it.

As far as Vick goes...I'm sure he isn't exactly an upstanding proud example of a person that the NFL would like to have around and he definitely deserves at least a year suspension and some jail time (though I doubt he'll have to toss the salad...:puke:). But all that said, you are crazy if you don't think that every other one of those scumbags that WERE involved aren't bellying up and ratting him out as a collective group. He is obviously the highest profile mark for the cops to nail.

But yeah, Fuck Vick.:p

they are not illegal in the city to buy. your freind is an idiot too by the way. they are not a bad breed. That would be saying that all black people are a bad race due to the bad area's they live in and high crime rate. It isnt genetic that they are violent. Pitbull Terriers were back in the day fighting dogs but not in the sense fighting as they are used today. I have me so many pitbuls who are the sweetest dogs you have ever seen. It is ignorance like this last post that the public hears or reads about that puts out bad hype over this breed. ANY dog can be mean, it is how it is raised. Plain and simple. Pitbulls are not illegal to buy in the city. There are a bunch of pitbull rescues that you can adopt some great dogs.

they are not illegal in the city to buy. your freind is an idiot too by the way. they are not a bad breed. That would be saying that all black people are a bad race due to the bad area's they live in and high crime rate. It isnt genetic that they are violent. Pitbull Terriers were back in the day fighting dogs but not in the sense fighting as they are used today. I have me so many pitbuls who are the sweetest dogs you have ever seen. It is ignorance like this last post that the public hears or reads about that puts out bad hype over this breed. ANY dog can be mean, it is how it is raised. Plain and simple. Pitbulls are not illegal to buy in the city. There are a bunch of pitbull rescues that you can adopt some great dogs.

Well, like I posted above, the info that I got was from a guy that I work with (not a friend, btw). He was quite adamant about his information being correct, so I'll forward the info that he is a moron :p. I have never owned a dog myself though I like them quite a bit. Thanks for the info.