Official Bloodstock 2009 thread

Ontopic:

Korpiklaani, SpeedTheory and Alestorm have to play BOA. There are a few others I'd love to see there, but they're unlikely to say the least, and if they all played I'd end up gibbering in a corner somewhere, possibly permenantly traumatised by the awesomeness.

Offtopic: Will you also be doing 'Portage to Yorkshire' Katie?

Epic Offtopic
I think Reading a a nice town (great shops and near to London), I 'study' there and think I'll probably stay here after my studies.

Mildly Offtopic
Whilst 'studying' last night I thought of a temporary boat design (unfortuantly it has no oars and no richard hammond) it also involves actually walking and not rowing :( but I'm sure it can maybe go in water? if we can swim?

Ontopic
I'm passing back some of the feedback now. I will post a list of what was passed on... If I have forgotton your feedback it's not on purpose (just hit me with an oar and I will add it)

I'm meant to be keeping things ontopic, yet it's me who is always taking it offtopic :lol:

OK, Here is a quick list of what I have passed on:

Whether it will be the only UK show in 2009
(I have not had an official answer to this, however the band have also listed this as a UK exclusive for 2009, which would suggest that it is)

Real ale (what do we want? Real ale, when do we want it? Now... and next Bloodstock)

I also added the feedback that a way to improve car parking would be to ensure large enough spaces between cars, and to get some wood chips in for when it will most certaintly rain.

I did post the forums wishlist: Dragonforce, Kiuas, Ponies to kill, Korpiklanni, Speed theory, firewind and Alestorm. I also added the quote on the first page about dancing if Dragonforce got confirmed.

Also as I promised:
"I have also promised them that I would pass on a question about bloodstocks boat parking facilities for 09"

I didn't post the question about duck parking as I imagine it wont need to be parked (it will want to see Turisas) we just need a way it can land!

Have I missed anything out? If so let me know and I'll add to it.

BACK ON TOPIC!!!!!

Kiuas and Ponies to Kill need to play bloodstock, two awesome bands, and i know Kiuas played two years ago, but that's TWO YEARS ago, that's aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages!!! They're amazing, they need to come back now that I've discovered how amazing they are!!!

off topic - *horn* Yorkshire and beyond *do do do*

If only to stick things too....:lol:

CALIENTE!

Mildly Offtopic
Whilst 'studying' last night I thought of a temporary boat design (unfortuantly it has no oars and no richard hammond) it also involves actually walking and not rowing :( but I'm sure it can maybe go in water? if we can swim?

you do realise that there's at least three women in this boat that refuse to do anything other than wave oars menicingly and drool over hammond? which means if it involves walking, you're carrying us...

I also added the feedback that a way to improve car parking would be to ensure large enough spaces between cars, and to get some wood chips in for when it will most certaintly rain.

If it rains now i'm blaming you!!! How dare you say it will most certainly rained, it's only rained.... oh wait, it's rained both years i've been... damn it!

[I also added the quote on the first page about dancing if Dragonforce got confirmed.

haha on a side note, if bloodstock are going the way of download and putting on more nighttime entertainment, may i suggest getting some pole dancers down there. and who'd have guessed it, I do pole dancing performances! haha
Seriously though, I am now at the stage of booking performances so if the organisers are up for some tasteful dancing me and some girls from my class are definately up for it

oh and nice avatar!

If only to stick things too....:lol:

CALIENTE!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm caliente *drools*

Get Powerglove at Bloodstock!

And Polkadot Cadaver.

And Diablo Swing Orchestra.

All for now....

Going Off Topic, sorta

I here theres a bar to go drinking in somewhere in Reading, but going somewhere back on topic, drinking in full war paint and some, props would be a laugh on a friday night

you do realise that there's at least three women in this boat that refuse to do anything other than wave oars menicingly and drool over hammond? which means if it involves walking, you're carrying us...

If it rains now i'm blaming you!!! How dare you say it will most certainly rained, it's only rained.... oh wait, it's rained both years i've been... damn it!

haha on a side note, if bloodstock are going the way of download and putting on more nighttime entertainment, may i suggest getting some pole dancers down there. and who'd have guessed it, I do pole dancing performances! haha
Seriously though, I am now at the stage of booking performances so if the organisers are up for some tasteful dancing me and some girls from my class are definately up for it

oh and nice avatar!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm caliente *drools*
Hehe :) Ok so I'm guessing that I need to head off back to the drwing board for the boat idea!

I's love to see poledancers at bloodstock, so I'll most definately pass on that idea.

I will keep you guys posted on further announcements when I find out :)
P.S thanks (about the avatar) I was inspired by you guys to make my own... looks way better than me though!

http://www.bloodstock.uk.com

Hehe :) Ok so I'm guessing that I need to head off back to the drwing board for the boat idea!

I's love to see poledancers at bloodstock, so I'll most definately pass on that idea.

I will keep you guys posted on further announcements when I find out :)
P.S thanks (about the avatar) I was inspired by you guys to make my own... looks way better than me though!

see it's nice to know that things we say are actually listened to... unlike certain british festivals i could mention... but yes, we love bloodstock!!!
although to be fair i should actually just say all this on the bloodstock forums (yes i'm there too... just less off-topic)

see it's nice to know that things we say are actually listened to... unlike certain british festivals i could mention... but yes, we love bloodstock!!!
although to be fair i should actually just say all this on the bloodstock forums (yes i'm there too... just less off-topic)

What's your username on the bloodstock forums?

The Katatonia wishlist was a great example of listening to the fans (It shows that the wishlist system does work! )
Which reminds me... if anyone wants any bands to play it may be a good idea to post it on the wishlist forum if you are registered, It worked with Katatonia :)