Official Gigantour Announcement/Discussion (updated 7/18)

SymphonyOfDreams said:
Dillinger Escape Plan cant compete with SyX's skills? are you KIDDING ME?!? have you actually listened to the band?

let the baby have his bottle Symphofdreams

some of us have more varied taste than others. Even you have to admit that dep is quite hard to get into.

and also remember that not everyone on this forum plays an insturment, and not go all evangelical on us.

wayne the goblin/robot said:
let the baby have his bottle Symphofdreams

some of us have more varied taste than others. Even you have to admit that dep is quite hard to get into.

and also remember that not everyone on this forum plays an insturment, and not go all evangelical on us.

Precisely. DEP IMO are every ounce as talented as SymX except they could use a metronome and melody.... Noisecore, just hate it... o_O

to me talent is composition, technicality, and guitar skills combined. Symphony X has all of those for me. This is all personal musical tastes, and if someone thinks DEP isn't as good as SX, then that's their tastes. I think DEP has the technical skills just as good as SX, but SX in every other category is way better imo. Same goes for DT, I like DT, but SX in my book is on another level.

I'm excited to see all the bands on this tour because I just wanna see a live concert, but of course I'm there to see my two favorite bands, SX and Nevermore.

Oh God, why do we have to drag this SymX v. DEP thing in here from the Gigantour forum? Dealing with the SymX v. DT thing is bad enough already. :(

Dillinger would be one of my favorite bands if it weren't for their god awful singer who just takes away from they're music. The stuff they did with Mike Patton on vox is awesome! He sould be their singer for good. ALso, symph x should play some new material in their set. I know they don't have much time but still, hearing new shit would be hot.

http://forums.gigantour.com/showthread.php?t=997

Greetings!
Greetings Gigantour fans!!!

First of all - we'd like to thank Dave Mustaine for putting together this event!

We are really excited about being a part of this tour and sharing the stage with this line-up of great bands.

Most importantly - we'd like to acknowledge all the awesome fans out there - it's gonna be a summer of great music - we are looking foward to getting back out on the road, seeing some old familiar faces, as well as meeting some new ones. You guys make it all possible. You rule!

To our friends in Dillinger Escape Plan, Nevermore and DT - as well as all the other bands and everyone else involved - let's kick some ass and have a good time!

And to all you Gigantour fans - we will see you very soon!!

Symphony X guys

from the gigantour forums

Update 6/13 - I know this is going to be very disappointing for some of you, but SymX won't be appearing at the Seattle tour date..Toronto will be the last venue on the tour for them.

Sorry!

SyXified said:
Having 2 alternating stages where no one is overlapping sounds like... it should just be one stage.

The beauty of 2 stages is that there is no waiting in between bands. While one band is playing they are setting the next band up on the 2nd stage. There's nothing worse than a tour with tons of bands where they all share 1 stage and you have to wait 20 minutes (or more) between each of them to get the equipment set up. The 2 stage system helps give a band like SyX 40 minutes for their set as opposed to 25.

*Update* No second stage bands will be appearing in San Diego or Boston, due to space and/or curfew issues, so SymX won't be playing those dates. :/