Official Motorsport Racing Thread

After over 13 years I've finally stopped watching the Australian Supercars series. I sure as hell wasn't getting ripped off by a monthly pay TV plan just to watch one thing. So while there's sometimes been multiple illegal streams out there, I got sick of being organised enough to watch live and I was depending on one guy (who amazingly spends some of his spare time literally dressed up as a pirate) to upload the videos. But the next event is coming up this weekend and my pirate dealer never came through for last month's round. So I'll take the gift of free time and maybe watch highlights at most.

Racing drivers do have some amusing moments or exciting battles on track, but I'm ready to admit that races tend to be quite dull overall. The interesting part for me was more the stats/record numbers of the drivers, the characters in the sport and seeing what they achieve/do/say next like it's some kind of neverending sitcom. If the same drivers and teams all switched to a championship for painting artwork or eating cheese it'd be no less entertaining. Probably more entertaining.

In those 13 years I think I saw every damn qualifying session and race (except for just a few sessions at the AGP events not being in the uploads or not televised). One of those things where I would've claimed I wasn't addicted and could stop at any time. ;)

I gave up V8 Supercars when Mark Skaife thought it was hilariously funny that a track he designed was causing crash after crash and costing the teams a fortune in repairs or leaving them without cars for the weekend. Mark Skaife and Neil Crompton killed watching V8 Supercars on TV with their "no one is as good as we were" attitudes.
I watched, or went to, Bathurst religously from about about '72 to the mid 2000's when the competition became the same cars with different badges. Then once they started talking about the car of the future project I gave up completely.