Official Off Topic Thread

Cool, we have some chix here. Cool.

Hey Medusa's Eyes, is Medusa's eyes (the song:p ) hard, coz when i hear it i hear jason doing some wierd shit in the main riff after the classical section. Its also my fav' short song.

I'd love to play the drums too. Alas, I'm chronically short on money and have nowhere to practise. There's something almost therapeutical about that instrument. Whereas guitar playing is mostly finger-dexterity, drums are more physically comprehensive. (Or maybe it's just my male drive of bashing stuff talking... :D )

i suck at drums so much... i am about at the sex pistols or white stripes level of playing... though i never play and don't own a drum kit... what does that tell you about the sex pistols and white stripes??? Oh, saw bruce almighty today... funny as hell... good ol' Jim is back!

Medusa's eyes said:
For how long do you play the drums Macy?

I've played the drums for a year and a half now, but didn't get into more serious practice until recently when I discovered I can play prog also (my drum teacher being mainly into salsa/samba/latino stuff). I asked him to tab some SX songs and he nearly fell over when he heard it because it's pretty, hmm, different, from what he usually plays. He even said he'll buy their records (another fan, yes!).

Anyway, I'm not that good, I just like to play because I feel better afterwards, must be the agression thing. :devil: And it's good to be familiar with every instrument a bit if you're into songwriting and arranging, so I like to learn everything.

Rock on :headbang:

Hey guys.... What's been going on in everyone's lives lately? I am happy because i found out that cartoon network plays family guy at 11:30 monday thru thursday, so the past two nights i have been watching that... good stuff. I have also been playing a lot of final fantasy 2 and such silly rpgs.

hmmmm, not much man.

Today is the best day for TV here in the wonderful land of oz. There is 2 funny sketch shows. Skithouse and Comedy Inc.

theodyssey said:
Hey guys.... What's been going on in everyone's lives lately? I am happy because i found out that cartoon network plays family guy at 11:30 monday thru thursday, so the past two nights i have been watching that... good stuff. I have also been playing a lot of final fantasy 2 and such silly rpgs.
I've been watching too! The one last night was great, where Peter finds out one of his ancestors is black. My friend has the season one and two dvd's, and he says seasons three and four are coming in the fall. I've even heard rumors of new episodes sometime in the future :D

There was one unaired episode (when you wish upon a weinstein) and it was pretty funny. I can't wait for the next seasons... even though i have downloaded all the episodes before and have seen every one of them... for seasons one and two and most of four (this is really sad) but i have basically memorized all the jokes or just what it's about... for instance, last night i was watching and it showed them walking into the zoo and in 2 seconds i was like "screwed the pooch... funny episode". Yeah... i am sad. By the way, i love final fantasy. I didn't mean silly in a bad way.... i wouldn't have spent 4 or 5 hours playing it if i thought it was dumb... i just needed a word. And i think pokemon (personally) was a good concept, but too kiddy and too.... well, dumb. If they made badass monsters that you had to wrestle to the ground and cage up, then it would be cool...

There was a tornado down the street from me the other day. It was pretty scary. I could see it out my window. I live in an apartment building and I was the only one in the whole building that went down to the basement, and therefore I was the only one totally freaking out!!! :eek: and I was all alone :cry: People don't understand that when the siren goes off there's IS a tornado. It didn't hit us, but it ripped the gutter off the building and wrapped it around a tree. I guess that didn't teach anyone. So when a tornado comes and blows everyone away and I'm the only survivor, then they'll learn. :Smug:

People are either
1) Ignorant shits to didarster (like the people in your case)
or 2) Way to worried about it - the opposite.

But my sympathy goes out to you. I am very glad you were not affected.

Macy said:
What do you mean Final Fantasy is silly? Pokemon is silly. FF RULES!!!

Oh yes, Im a HUGE Final Fantasy fan, especially of Nobuo Uematsu (the composer)'s work. I own 12 FF soundtrack CDs hehe.

Unfortunately, I think Square is making some pretty stupid moves recently. Kingdom Hearts was stupid, FF11 is stupid (I hate online RPGs), and FFX-2 just looks beyond horrible...10 wasn't even that great of a Final Fantasy to begin with, it doesn't need a sequel (much less one that looks like a Britney Spears video). My favorites are 7, 4, 6, and 9.

12 soundtracks? Wow, that's great, I only have FFX's. But IMO FFX is great, but I understand why some people hate it. Otherwise I'd say the 7th is no.1. But I will buy the sequel, even if it looks like a Britney Spears video. Isn't it more about the job system from FFV, than being a popstar? I think it's a fun addition. :)

Macy said:
12 soundtracks? Wow, that's great, I only have FFX's. But IMO FFX is great, but I understand why some people hate it. Otherwise I'd say the 7th is no.1. But I will buy the sequel, even if it looks like a Britney Spears video. Isn't it more about the job system from FFV, than being a popstar? I think it's a fun addition. :)

FFX was a good, fun game, dont get me wrong, I just don't think it was THAT good enough to get a sequel. I thought the game ended perfectly too, very not typical what with certain characters doing a certain thing (trying not to give out spoilers hehe). Another thing that sucks about FFX-2 is that Nobuo isnt doing the score, and its gonna be mostly R&B and techno :zombie:. FFXII on the other hand, looks very promising. I heard its going to be done by mostly the team from FFVII with some of the team from FFVI.

As far as my FF Soundtracks, I have:

(game specific collections)
FFIV - piano collections
FFIV - Celtic Moon (celtic arrangements)
FFV - Dear Friends (folk arrangements)
FFVI - Grand Finale (orchestral arrangements)
FFVII - Reunion (best of OST + orchestral arrangements)
FFVIII - Piano Collections
FFVIII - Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec (orchestral arramgents)
FFIX - OST
FFIX - OST Plus (all the FMV music)
FFIX - Piano Collections
FFX - "Best of" OST

(multiple game collections)
Final Fantasy Potion ("relaxation mix")
The Black Mages (rock/metal arrangements of FF battle themes)

hmm, thats 13, my mistake :D

I think my favorite score is actually FFVIII's. Even tho its the worst game in the series, I think it has one of the best soundtracks (kinda how like Episode I sucked but John Williams wrote a great score for it).