Official Off Topic Thread

aah boys..ever oblivious to the ways of girls.. t'is the law of nature
perhaps i've forgotten how the pre-pubescants seem to have their own language in a series of grunts and mutters.
Nothing Shreddi dear just me being over analytical of certain responses.

pre-pubescent!!!!!!!
Dude, I have a lower voice than chef (not really, but it's not high at all) just to let you know.

bt/w, NEVER call me "Shreddles" it makes me feel like a cute little teddy-bear. "Shreddy" is my nickname. It just had to be pionted out.

My first post on the "off topic thread" ! I know nobody will care, but I'm excited about this and I just feel like mentioning.....We're going to see Lisa Marie Presley at the legendary Stone Pony niteclub in Asbury Park, New Jersey. Yeah, I'm a Lisa fan o_O I like what she's doing and it will be cool to see her in a club. The ONLY thing that will change this is if Symphony X decides to do a local gig that weekend. Then 4 LMP tickets go up on EBay !!!

Mr. Shred-ididle, let's get this straight.....

git.gif
>>> SHREDDY (shredding metal maniac dude)

bear.jpg
>>> SHREDDLES (cute little teddy bear)

:)

Shreddles... reminds me of shredded wheat... you, my friend, are a breakfast cereal!!! :)
And as a guy looking back on such things, i can say this advice my good friend. Have fun, don't take things too seriously, and when you look back in a few years, you will miss that anxious feeling you have all day before you finally have the balls to ask someone out... *sigh*
In other news, for summer fests, just take a road trip to germany!!! The plane tix are expensive, but the fests are VERY cheap (50 euros a pop, which almost directly transfers to US $) and totally worth it. Plus you can wander around and see bands you never really took the time to hear or whatever... last year was how i found out about sinergy. Ok, gotta go pick up the new Type O Negative cd. Later.

Zach

hey SHREDIMOPOLOUS....don't listen to them, go for it and have a good time, coz you never know what would happen a few years later.... HAVE FUN, BUT!....NEVER STOP SHREDDING OK? :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
ME -"{girls name}, can I talk to you?"
HER - "About what"
ME - "Something"
HER - "Which is..."
ME- "Something..."
HER - "?!?!?!?!?!?!"
Me "Ok, I've been doing alot of thinking about this and have also been reluctant to say it as it can damage our allready good relationship, friendship, errrr whatever, you know"
HER - "hmmmmm"
Me -"Umm, eerrrr, ahh, hmmm.... Will you go out with me?" (at this piont I was shitting myself)
HER - "Mabey, I WILL call you. Oh, but I don't have your number"
ME - "Here!!", (quickly gets pen and writes it on a ripped out peice of paper)
HER - "Cool, thanx, Seeya"
ME - "ok, then um.... (all shaking) seeya soon, hopfully"

Now, ther is so much more to talk about but, I'm so phyched at the moment that I should leave itat that.

It wasn't a "polite way of saying - no fucking way Mabey". It was a "I'll have to think about that, mabey"

So what do think???

Don't be so nervous, you're too young to get married :loco: I don't really know the girl, but from what it seems, she's not too thrilled about it (maybe she's shy, who knows?). It's probably is her way of saying ''I'm not really interested'', but there's no way to tell until she calls you. Just wait for the obvious call and if she calls you start shitting your pants :p Don't take things too seriously, because a lot of times if you try to make things too ''perfect'' you'll make the most idiotic mistakes :D

There's a lame festival in my hometown called Ribfest. I only went once because Tonic was playing. Yes I like them....sort of... ;) But this year I hear Blondie is playing, like I care. All of my friends are going up to Milwaukee Summerfest to see some country guy named something Chesney I can't remember. They think he's hot. I tell them who I think is hot, :D and they just look at me like this: :Smug: or like this :err: Yes these are the people I hang out with...

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
So what do think???

I think you should write her a song on your guitar, record it on the computer, burn it and give her the CD. Be honest. Make sure you tell her that this is your song just for her. It'll be a breeze from that point on.
You're a musician. This is what musicians do.

Yngvai X said:
On a completely unrelated note to anything thats being discussed here I just bought tickets to see Nightwish at Lamours in Brooklyn after Progpower \m/
I'd be there if I had a ride, which seems to be the case with almost every concert I want to go to... Just a few more months...

Pharoah said:
I think you should write her a song on your guitar, record it on the computer, burn it and give her the CD. Be honest. Make sure you tell her that this is your song just for her. It'll be a breeze from that point on.
You're a musician. This is what musicians do.

Or, make a VIDEO of yourself doing the song. Doing one like that kid Andy on www.nakedangrypat.com and Jimmy Kimmel Live would give maximum impact.

The Yngster said:
I'd be there if I had a ride, which seems to be the case with almost every concert I want to go to... Just a few more months...

Where in NY are you? if its on the way from LI to Brooklyn I might be able to pick you up/drop you off (if you don't mind getting there REALLY early I try to get to Lamours by 5 so I avoid rush hour - Im on eastern LI).

The phone hasn't rang yet!!!!!

I really shouldn't make such a big deal about it as you guys say. If not, its HER lost. If so, it is well....cool.

@ Ultimate, yes, reading what I said it looks like she doesn't want to. But it wasn't like that.She was smiling for a start, and she has been a friend for a whole term. I'm not very optomistic at the moment. So I've got "the bubbles" (as my dad would say).
Just to make myself feel better, here is my aphrodisiac of reasons why she said mabey;
a) she never thought of me that way, so she has to think some more about it.
b) shes playing "Hard to get"
c) she has to talk to her parents as they are over-protective.
d) she has to talk to her parents as she is half-german and I have some jewish origins (i strongly hope not)
e) she doesn't want to damage a "friendship" so she has to sleep on it?

err..... ay... uh.... hmmmm... WAAA!!!

lol... sounds to me like you are thinking about it too much... but just have fun man... but be realistic. And to everyone else, remember that THIS is a part of life... disappointmens and all. And hey, if she don't love you shreddie, i'm sure there are people here that do (i personally think you are a kick ass dude... don't leave us for some girl!!!!)

You'r right, I do think too much.
I allways have this problem. Anyone else hae it?
And don't worrey, I wont leave you.

I don't really know the girl, but from what it seems, she's not too thrilled about it (maybe she's shy, who knows?). It's probably is her way of saying ''I'm not really interested'', but there's no way to tell until she calls you

thats what i was trying to get at shred.. but its no big deal, hopefully we are all wrong.. its only 930am right now so she might call u tonight..

Yeah i think too much too.. if i dont hear from my boy in a day i get all insecure..maybe he is being a jerk, maybe something happened to him..should i call n see? lol.. its pathetic really, but he alwys has a good reason in the end.