Official Off Topic Thread

I need something to keep me awake so I can be back at the airport by 730am lol.

Amphetamines :)

I can do lines off your inner thigh and vice versa.....**shudders for Charis**

My argument:

When considering genetics vs environment as the key predictor of human behaviour, that genetics is the most important factor as it can discriminate between what environments are experienced and additionally the percieved impact of those environments upon the individual.

sorry you asked?

Sounds broad enough of a topic to fill it with enough bullshit to reach the word limit :)

Thats how i approached essays etc at uni...at least you younguns have the internet now.

I'm siding with genetics as well. It determines what is and isn't possible as far as what molecular reactions happen. After that, the environment can do nothing but utilize those genetically determined pathways to ellicit reactions.

If the gene encodes a protein that won't open a sodium channel at a normal threshhold voltage or if a docking protein will only release a NT vesicle at a slightly different Ca+2 concentration the neuron won't fire and no LTP will occur = altered perception and reaction to a stimulus.

Taliwakker said:
Amphetamines

I can do lines off your inner thigh and vice versa.....**shudders for Charis**

oh god, and I'm a highly visual person too! argh my optic nerve!! it burns!! :lol:

And well, its not a broad, bullshit argument :p - it has been a specific focus for decades worth of research.

I know its not a bullshit argument Charis :) but it is interesting watching how children behave in different environments....i know for example how my son will act when put in a different environment or in certain company....

..and to continue with that, the reason why he would behave differently in these situations depends on the impact that it has on him, which is subject to his genetically predetermined perception - the reason why different people behave differently in seemingly the same situation.

Ptah Khnemu said:
I love Beer, and I also love Halo 2 on XBox live AND lotsa weed. Before Anyone comments this and a Flame War erupts, tomorrow's 4/20, and I havent smoked in a year and a half. OMFGROTFFLMFAOBECAUSEICANTFUCKINGWAITFORHALOONXBOXLIVEANDWEEDANDLISTENINGTOSOMUCHKICKASSMUSICATTHESAMETIMEANDNOTREALLYPLAYINGHALOATTHESAMETIMEOMFGICANTFUCKINGWAITFORTOMORROWITSGONNAKICKSOMUCHFUCKINGASSANDICANTFUCKINGWAITIMSOIMPATIENTTHATIMFUCKINGTALKINGINMOTHAFUKKINCIRCLES!!!!!!!
Unlike usual, that's not an acronym. If you have plenty of spare time, and nothing to do, you can figure that out if you want. I myself actua;;y already forgot what I said.

^^ Those plans fell through. At this point, I don't really even care.

XBox as a system sucks. XBox 360 kicks ass. XBox Live kicks ass. Previews of Tool's new album PWN all the above like mad.

The nexgen console I'm definitely getting is the Nintendo Revolution. It's release price will only be 299$US, there's a super innovative remote system thing going on, its gonna be completely backwards compatible with gamecube and if you hook it up to the net you can download any game from NES, SNES or 64 for FREE! It's gonna pwn so much!

MrFast said:
The nexgen console I'm definitely getting is the Nintendo Revolution. It's release price will only be 299$US, there's a super innovative remote system thing going on, its gonna be completely backwards compatible with gamecube and if you hook it up to the net you can download any game from NES, SNES or 64 for FREE! It's gonna pwn so much!
too bad those will probably be the only games worth playing on it.

MrFast said:
The nexgen console I'm definitely getting is the Nintendo Revolution. It's release price will only be 299$US, there's a super innovative remote system thing going on, its gonna be completely backwards compatible with gamecube and if you hook it up to the net you candownload any game from NES, SNES or 64 for FREE! It's gonna pwn so much!
What? Are you serious? I hate that new nintendo they're coming out with. The damn controller looks like a phone and a knob, it's retarded.

Personally, I like Xbox 360 WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more.

We're disagreeing on something. :erk: