Official Off Topic Thread

SilentRealm said:
(unless you're a creationist, then you think it was only 5000.)
hmmm yes and no. not necessarily :)

I see your point though. For a civilization to be greater than our own, technology wise, means they had mastered the atomic structure, at least up to fission and electromagnetics and mechanics. For them to be more advanced, they would have to surpass us in one of these fields, evidence of which would be blatantly obvious, even if it was heavily destroyed.

I found my birthmother this week after 20 years of searching for her..and she's as excited to get to know me as I am to get to know her. It's an amazing and surreal thing, and I am a very happy camper.

Jax said:
found my birthmother this week after 20 years of searching for her..and she's as excited to get to know me as I am to get to know her. It's an amazing and surreal thing, and I am a very happy camper.

Wow! The things we didnt know! Congrats on finding her Jax and I'm very glad she is excited about it too! I'm sure it was scary contacting her for the first time and not being sure what her reaction would be. I'm sure you will both develop a wonderful relationship!

Kenneth R. said:
I see your point though. For a civilization to be greater than our own, technology wise, means they had mastered the atomic structure, at least up to fission and electromagnetics and mechanics. For them to be more advanced, they would have to surpass us in one of these fields, evidence of which would be blatantly obvious, even if it was heavily destroyed.

possibly. I dunno, and I'm too tired from school work to think straight these days :lol: - I think its one of those things we as humans will probably always speculate about but never know.

SilentRealm said:
Wow! The things we didnt know! Congrats on finding her Jax and I'm very glad she is excited about it too! I'm sure it was scary contacting her for the first time and not being sure what her reaction would be. I'm sure you will both develop a wonderful relationship!

Thanks! Yeah, it was very scary; many mothers who gave up babies in the 50s and 60s still carry the shame and stigma of it, & want nothing to do with the child who'd remind them of that. It's funny, because she was just as afraid that I'd hate her for giving me up, so we spent the first couple of days walking on eggshells, afraid of scaring the other off. She's an amazing woman, though, and has been more open and receptive than I could've hoped for..I'm so enjoying getting to know her. :)

Jax said:
Thanks! Yeah, it was very scary; many mothers who gave up babies in the 50s and 60s still carry the shame and stigma of it, & want nothing to do with the child who'd remind them of that. It's funny, because she was just as afraid that I'd hate her for giving me up, so we spent the first couple of days walking on eggshells, afraid of scaring the other off. She's an amazing woman, though, and has been more open and receptive than I could've hoped for..I'm so enjoying getting to know her. :)

Wow...that's impressive! :)

Have you been searching for a long time?

If you ask me, a mother has to be stronger to do what yours did, to go through with the birth and to give you a chance somewhere.

So have you found her to be the source of any of your funny habits or tastes or anything like that yet? :)

Rose Immortal said:
Wow...that's impressive! :)

Have you been searching for a long time?

Yep..on and off for 20 years now..

If you ask me, a mother has to be stronger to do what yours did, to go through with the birth and to give you a chance somewhere.

Well, I was born in 1963, long before abortion was legal, and she was from a very small village in NC, so odds are that she had no access to an illegal one either. She basically had one of two choices..either keep me and bear the shame of being labelled the town slut and perhaps be disowned by her family, or give me up. She chose the latter..she was very brave, and left her tiny town with her brother and sister to go to New York City to have me in secret (imagine the culture shock!). As far as I can tell, they are still the only ones who know about me; she's getting ready to tell her (other) two kids this weekend, & I don't know if she ever told anyone else or not.

So have you found her to be the source of any of your funny habits or tastes or anything like that yet? :)

Haven't gotten that far yet, but I do know now where I got my huge loving heart. *sappy grin*

Jax said:
Yep..on and off for 20 years now..

Wow!! Glad that worked out!!!

Well, I was born in 1963, long before abortion was legal, and she was from a very small village in NC, so odds are that she had no access to an illegal one either. She basically had one of two choices..either keep me and bear the shame of being labelled the town slut and perhaps be disowned by her family, or give me up. She chose the latter..she was very brave, and left her tiny town with her brother and sister to go to New York City to have me in secret (imagine the culture shock!). As far as I can tell, they are still the only ones who know about me; she's getting ready to tell her (other) two kids this weekend, & I don't know if she ever told anyone else or not.

Haven't gotten that far yet, but I do know now where I got my huge loving heart. *sappy grin*

Well, if she's that sweet, I'm sure she raised your brothers and sisters right. I have a feeling they'll take a cue from her and be just as welcoming. :)

I am SO happy for you! :D

@ Jax's story:
That's great news! :) :headbang: (I'm actually kinda curious as to what your 'siblings' said/ will say, but that's most likely not anything close to my buisness.)

Hello Metal Guys and galls

I'm from a portuguese Power Progressive Metal band called Mindfeeder. We have some influences from evergrey anbd it´s one of our favourite bands.

In order to listen to the first song from our EP to be released later in May please go here: www.myspace.com/mindfeeder

Enjoy it and tell me your oppinion!

Our work was mastered in Finland by Mika Jussila

Jax said:
I found my birthmother this week after 20 years of searching for her..and she's as excited to get to know me as I am to get to know her. It's an amazing and surreal thing, and I am a very happy camper.

At last :) Happy for you. But it is some kind of a situation that no one would ever dare to know what to do when he or she's gonna meet with its mother, whom she/he never seen before. So i also wish you good luck.

That's amazing jax, and as many have already indicated, we're very happy for you! I can't even imagine the emotion that must come along with that, so i'll just say congrats :) I know it's personal life, but if you have any stories you find out and feel like sharing, i'm positive most here would love to hear them :D

wtf....

syx6a.jpg

I want one.