Official Off Topic Thread

We drew with the netherlands, which is an achievement. But if anyone watched the game then u'd see how shit we really were. Brazil will be a problem, but japan and croatia should b ok . 2nd round here we come!!

I'm predicting 1 win, 1 draw, 1 loss.....Japs vs Croatia will decide our fate.

Saturday I went to 'Trois Rivieres' to go for my Black Belt Exam (In Judo)!!! I passed and am now a Black Belt! I Than got home from the exam and meeting and Celebration dinner around 10:25 and went to my buddies house for a small bomb-fire gathering! Than Sunday all day we where filming 2 scenes for a movie we're making! All in all a sick weekend...

Anyone else do any sort of Sport or martial art? and if so what belt...?

I do Judo religiously, but I also do ju-Jitsu, Judo Ju-jitsu, Jeet Kune Do, I've also done a smidgen of Akido and Karate...

proulxski said:
Saturday I went to 'Trois Rivieres' to go for my Black Belt Exam (In Judo)!!! I passed and am now a Black Belt! I Than got home from the exam and meeting and Celebration dinner around 10:25 and went to my buddies house for a small bomb-fire gathering! Than Sunday all day we where filming 2 scenes for a movie we're making! All in all a sick weekend...

Anyone else do any sort of Sport or martial art? and if so what belt...?

I do Judo religiously, but I also do ju-Jitsu, Judo Ju-jitsu, Jeet Kune Do, I've also done a smidgen of Akido and Karate...
I also do Judo and Okinawa-Kempo, brown belt in Okinawa and Brown with 1 stripe in Judo. But I've stopped about a year ago for baseball.

I used to be really into full contact kickboxing for about three years but i quit cause it got in the way of my guitar. And guitar comes before ANYTHING.

Nemesis_lxix said:
thanx...
Well the first class is about electronic portals and how they are used to create true-false sequences of 0-1 so basically for a programmer is like rediscovering the wheel so its useless and pointless as much is hard.The second is programming in java which is important but the project I had to prepare was so hard that no more than 3 people I know have done it and they are not willing to share any tips so…

So you are a programmer, well look at that! Me too! :D
Dude, i don't want to sound like an ass, but those elektronic ports are so freaking easy, if you want i could help you out (and my father is an electronics engineer ;)). About the Java programming, well i'm progging in Java too, and maybe i could help out, but i'm more a C++ man ;) Anyways good luck man!

turke said:
Hey did you know, our national team has became the third of all in the last World Cup, but in this one, they couldn't even pass the qualification stage :)

You never know with Turkey :loco: One world cup they'll be first, the second they'll lose to a... a... 'mahalle takimi', sorry don't know the english version and i just woke up sooo :p

Oguz286 said:
So you are a programmer, well look at that! Me too! :D
Dude, i don't want to sound like an ass, but those elektronic ports are so freaking easy, if you want i could help you out (and my father is an electronics engineer ;)). About the Java programming, well i'm progging in Java too, and maybe i could help out, but i'm more a C++ man ;) Anyways good luck man!
Well I just failed but it’s ok.
There was already a class about the stupid electronic ports and I have passed it but now we create Flip-Flop systems and that is a bit hard for me.Synchronized and unsynchronized counters and stuff are too confusing.I will study harder the next semester and I will pass this class.This I a personal challenge :lol:
I am good at c++ too but I never liked java so I didn’t spent much time preparing for it.I have already pass the theory exam but I also have this stupid program about string tokens to prepare that is terribly hard.Non of the other student I know have done it so may god help us.I am doing rather well in assembly too which is more difficult since you only work with memory but I can manage.
Thank you for offering your help mate.I will study during the summer and hopefully will manage to do something.

I am glad I found someone to talk about programming here :headbang: stick around and we can share opinions about computers.
PS I bet that anyone who has read this post and has no idea about programming is going to wonder what the hell we are talking about :lol:

Nemesis_lxix said:
Well I just failed but it’s ok.
There was already a class about the stupid electronic ports and I have passed it but now we create Flip-Flop systems and that is a bit hard for me.Synchronized and unsynchronized counters and stuff are too confusing.I will study harder the next semester and I will pass this class.This I a personal challenge :lol:
I am good at c++ too but I never liked java so I didn’t spent much time preparing for it.I have already pass the theory exam but I also have this stupid program about string tokens to prepare that is terribly hard.Non of the other student I know have done it so may god help us.I am doing rather well in assembly too which is more difficult since you only work with memory but I can manage.
Thank you for offering your help mate.I will study during the summer and hopefully will manage to do something.

I am glad I found someone to talk about programming here :headbang: stick around and we can share opinions about computers.
PS I bet that anyone who has read this post and has no idea about programming is going to wonder what the hell we are talking about :lol:

Everyone's gonna think we're freaks....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Actually i dont care :lol:

Eternal Dragon said:
We drew with the netherlands, which is an achievement. But if anyone watched the game then u'd see how shit we really were. Brazil will be a problem, but japan and croatia should b ok ;). 2nd round here we come!!

im just hoping the US gets out of the first round, i dont think we can compete with the top level teams

Oguz286 said:
Everyone's gonna think we're freaks....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Actually i dont care :lol:

Haha. I'm a computer science grad student, and programming's definitely one of my strong points. :cool: Need to teach myself Java tho... I peruse job ads frequently and damn near everyone wants knowledge of it.

arglebargle said:
Haha. I'm a computer science grad student, and programming's definitely one of my strong points. :cool: Need to teach myself Java tho... I peruse job ads frequently and damn near everyone wants knowledge of it.

You've got to know Qbasic and ms-dos batch scripting to be worthy! :p
Damn DOS was so awesome...