Official Off Topic Thread

C'mon War blade, you are making this something big, but it is not. People don't have to like Satriani to play guitar. Or anyone specific. That's not neccessary.

War_Blade said:
so your saying it's a good thing that kids are playing emo chords cause fall out boy inspired them?

As a guitar teacher I can say, yes that is a great thing. Its a wonderful thing that, in this day of mostly computer generated music (rap, techno) and games like "Guitar Hero," a kid can get moved enough by music to want to go out and create it on his/her own, regardless of what kind of music they play.

And besides, just because they like emo now, doesn't mean they can't be introduced to other things later on.

Oh, and for the record, I was never a big fan of Satch ;)

Yngvai X said:
As a guitar teacher I can say, yes that is a great thing. Its a wonderful thing that, in this day of mostly computer generated music (rap, techno) and games like "Guitar Hero," a kid can get moved enough by music to want to go out and create it on his/her own, regardless of what kind of music they play.

And besides, just because they like emo now, doesn't mean they can't be introduced to other things later on.

Oh, and for the record, I was never a big fan of Satch ;)

Agreed 100%. Warblade, if i remember correctly you're about 16 (though you act MUCH younger if i do say so, and i'm not trying to be a smartass... you need to grow up). You have a lot to learn outside of what goes on in your high school. Yes, it's ok for kids to like emo even if you don't approve. My metal listening career started with Korn and Limp Bizkit, and i evolved past that into stuff that didn't suck. It's a phase.

Oh and matt... guitar hero is a fun game so shut up :danceboy:

:lol:

I'm not saying that they do. That quote could be used for any amazing guitar virtuoso. Satch, Vai, Malmsteen, Gilbert, even MJR. I really think that music should be fulfilling and rich. None of that 3 powerchords through the whole song bullshit...

Are you trying to say that complex music can't inspire people? If it wasn't for people like Becker and Vai i would have never picked up a guitar.

a progressive world> Annoying music world.

But in all fairness most of ozzy's music kicks ass and im sure satriani is impressed by it.

edit: and Zach personal attacks arn't necessary...

War_Blade said:
I'm not saying that they do. That quote could be used for any amazing guitar virtuoso. Satch, Vai, Malmsteen, Gilbert, even MJR. I really think that music should be fulfilling and rich. None of that 3 powerchords through the whole song bullshit...

While I agree that bands like greenday and Fall out boy (Need to be renamed fall out the window boy) are terrible bands and have no more talent than a badger, I could care less that the valley girls and emos in my HS listen to them. I don't care if they sit in the corner and cry and cut themselves. Hell, they may get lucky and hit an artery:Smokin:

Well, if simple music didn't exist, there would be no fulfilling and rich music as you call it. Pretty simple. By the way anyone could enjoy any kind of music, and it is not up to us to decide who will like what. This is the most useless discussion. We can't ask anyone why he/she doesn't like SX.

Music doesn't have to be complicated to be enjoyable. I like old Bon Scott era AC/DC as much as I like the "complex" stuff. Writing complex music, for the sake of just being complex would just make you, Pain of Salvation! :)

J-Dubya

I just realized that I completely bypasses a great Guitar complexity discussion, and now I'm mad at myself because I missed it.