Official Off Topic Thread

^^that really is stupid. however the philo forum is totally fucked up with their radicalist opinions. I used to post there but got tired of it.

I was actually going for a response more along the lines of "Ptah, you're an idiot." but that works just as well.

Eternal Dragon said:
The Odyssey pwns. The title track is the best song ever created so buy it for that if not anything else. The New Mythology Suite is awesome too, but its more keys/orchestration orientated so it depends if u like that stuff(which I do), but dont get me wrong, its still damn awesome even if you are more of a guitarist!! Divine Wings is also great. Its got some really nice tracks and its the first fully pro sounding album where they really struck home. Twilight in Olympus is OK. The songs are still good but not really THAT good. The first album is meh.

lol, i forgot the damnation game. How silly of me. It fits inbetween twilight and the first album.

Note that EVERY song is awesome from devine wings onwards. A rare trait in any band.

Off Topic: why is asking a simple question such as which song do you like better considered as a versus thread, when I am comparing the same band. i am not inciting any bad press, attitudes, or dislikes toward anyone, yet I am persecuted as making a versus thread. The versus thread was made to stop things like Dream Theater vs. Symphony X which can lead to hard conflict. I was simply stating two amazing songs and wondering what people perferred as a majority. There is no negativity there.

So, Jax answer me, for why in any way is that under the definition of a versus thread. If that is a versus thread, then Pinnella's 12th gate thread was also a versus thread. You continually say fans don't want versus threads, yet, many of them posted into my thread, which was not a versus thread. Is this forum G-rated or some shit like that. Can no one compare anything? This is against the fuckin Constitution (for those who don't know that is an American decree of freedom of speech and other sorts, pretty much the first real American laws). I could understand if my versus thread was promoting hate in any way, but it doesn't.

You all know that I'm right about this specific issue, and the subject of the versus thread should be altered.

fallen2289 said:
Off Topic: why is asking a simple question such as which song do you like better considered as a versus thread, when I am comparing the same band. i am not inciting any bad press, attitudes, or dislikes toward anyone, yet I am persecuted as making a versus thread. The versus thread was made to stop things like Dream Theater vs. Symphony X which can lead to hard conflict. I was simply stating two amazing songs and wondering what people perferred as a majority. There is no negativity there.

So, Jax answer me, for why in any way is that under the definition of a versus thread. If that is a versus thread, then Pinnella's 12th gate thread was also a versus thread. You continually say fans don't want versus threads, yet, many of them posted into my thread, which was not a versus thread. Is this forum G-rated or some shit like that. Can no one compare anything? This is against the fuckin Constitution (for those who don't know that is an American decree of freedom of speech and other sorts, pretty much the first real American laws). I could understand if my versus thread was promoting hate in any way, but it doesn't.

You all know that I'm right about this specific issue, and the subject of the versus thread should be altered.

I'll let Jax answer why the thread was killed or banned, I seem to remember a Divine Wings vs. The Odyssey (The songs, not the entire cd) thread, so I'll assume that's what your talking about.

As for being against the "fuckin' Constitution", I really hope you're not studying to be a lawyer. Freedom of speech on a moderated, or unmoderated board is not a constitutional right. :lol: Don't be stupid, you made your point, and I'm sure Jax will have an answer for you...

J-Dubya

Beelzebub said:

Can you please stay out of this unless you have anything valid to say, rather than just being an impolite about things. You have to talk trash over nothing. I am stating that something on this forum needs to be changed, yet all you can say is "shut up." That shows that this forum sucks ass because of people like you who just want to cause trouble. Keep it to yourself, no one cares. I am complaining only to get things changed around here. I need to address Jax or Jdub77 (spelt wrong) on why the forum is so restricted. I am not trying to cause trouble yet people just seem to start up. If you had the same opinion on something I would not interfere. So please

Anyways, thank you Jdub77(spelt wrong) for your opinion, and I hope Jax can get back to me, to see if some of these forum rules can have bi-laws, because some versus threads (depending on content) should be legalized. I just wanted to know what people preferred as a song, The Odyssey or Divine Wings. No crime done. I wasn't here when the first thread like that came up, so my friend and I needed to know. And if anyone does know the results from the old thread please tell me so I can end this.

Fakerofdeath said:
It was locked because it has been done to death. And FYI, freedom of speech only implies in certain situations. Can you go into a movie theater and yell "Fire"? When the police ask you why you did it, can you reply freedom of speech?

Yes, you have a point, but that has nothing to do with this situation. I know it has been done to death, but I wasn't around when it happened, so I'm sort of new to that question? Will somebody just tell me which song won then so I can get this over with?

And I am not just arguing over this particular thread, but the concept in general. What if i had a thread called Alien vs. Predator, who do you like better? It would not be allowed. And that is why I am saying something.

fallen2289 said:

Since i didn't get to respond to the other thread....

fallen2289 said:
This isn't a versus thread, like Pinnella's 12th gate thread wasn't a versus thread, but a favorites thread. And second of all, this was probably done, but before I was on the forum, so quit complaining. I'm sorry, I know this was already done, but I wasn't here when it was done. DoomsdayZach, if you want me to stop, do me a favor and tell me who won that old contest and I'll stop posting this thread.
You just contradicted yourself by saying it wasn't a vs thread, yet asked which one won. Nice.

my point is that you can argue whether it's vs or not all day, my point is all of these topics have been done before. Too many times. And the fact that in the last few days you've started many threads that are completely pointless. My apologies if my oppinion gets you all butthurt, but seriously man, just chill.

:danceboy:

Doomsday Zach, you still failed to answer my question of what people preferred Divine Wings or Odyssey. If it has been done so many times, than tell me who won, is it that hard.

Pointless threads? I wouldn't even consider this a real SX forum. No one talks about Symphony X here. All you guys want to do is talk crap and get on Jax's back for studio updates. The album will come out eventually so you guys can lay off. You have to remember that SX didn't have a real tour until after Twilight, so for them they sort of hate deadlines on albums and always being in the studio. (reference from special edition interviews).

why can't you guys stop talking so much crap and get back to being friendly, we are all here for the same reason, SX. It just seems like people only talk trash everywhere they go on this forum. So, Zach, tell me to chill, look at the one who is getting offensive, not me. Your the one who is saying Jesus Christ on a stick, or some other b.s.

fallen2289 said:
Doomsday Zach, you still failed to answer my question of what people preferred Divine Wings or Odyssey. If it has been done so many times, than tell me who won, is it that hard.

Pointless threads? I wouldn't even consider this a real SX forum. No one talks about Symphony X here. All you guys want to do is talk crap and get on Jax's back for studio updates. The album will come out eventually so you guys can lay off. You have to remember that SX didn't have a real tour until after Twilight, so for them they sort of hate deadlines on albums and always being in the studio. (reference from special edition interviews).

why can't you guys stop talking so much crap and get back to being friendly, we are all here for the same reason, SX. It just seems like people only talk trash everywhere they go on this forum. So, Zach, tell me to chill, look at the one who is getting offensive, not me. Your the one who is saying Jesus Christ on a stick, or some other b.s.
See, the thing you guys (and that's a generality) don't realize is this is the internet. Do you think i care about any of this bullshit once i step away from my computer?

As tubbs said, search function is your friend. Also, i can understand what you're saying about talking about band related stuff on the forum, but it's been done enough. just pull up an old thread. For that matter, why does everyone else's oppinion matter so much that you have to make this big of a deal about it?

Also, i shouldn't have to point out that the people bitching about updates are the vast minority. Most of us have the attitude of "Man, an update would be cool, but real news is better than 'Rullo took a dump today in my bathroom and it smelled really bad. He needs to learn to turn on the fan'."

I'm sorry-ish if we hurt your feelings about your gay threads, but seriously dude... I hope i don't have to summon Mustakrakish

:danceboy:

fallen2289 said:
Yes, you have a point, but that has nothing to do with this situation. I know it has been done to death, but I wasn't around when it happened, so I'm sort of new to that question? Will somebody just tell me which song won then so I can get this over with?

And I am not just arguing over this particular thread, but the concept in general. What if i had a thread called Alien vs. Predator, who do you like better? It would not be allowed. And that is why I am saying something.

I believe The odyssey was winning when it was locked.

I think all new members should watch This. While it doesn't imply to our forum in general, it is still good.