Official Off Topic Thread

fallen2289 said:
Off Topic: why is asking a simple question such as which song do you like better considered as a versus thread, when I am comparing the same band. i am not inciting any bad press, attitudes, or dislikes toward anyone, yet I am persecuted as making a versus thread. The versus thread was made to stop things like Dream Theater vs. Symphony X which can lead to hard conflict. I was simply stating two amazing songs and wondering what people perferred as a majority. There is no negativity there.

So, Jax answer me, for why in any way is that under the definition of a versus thread. If that is a versus thread, then Pinnella's 12th gate thread was also a versus thread. You continually say fans don't want versus threads, yet, many of them posted into my thread, which was not a versus thread. Is this forum G-rated or some shit like that. Can no one compare anything? This is against the fuckin Constitution (for those who don't know that is an American decree of freedom of speech and other sorts, pretty much the first real American laws). I could understand if my versus thread was promoting hate in any way, but it doesn't.

You all know that I'm right about this specific issue, and the subject of the versus thread should be altered.

As JayDub said, the Constitution does not apply on a privately owned forum. This is not a democracy, it's basically a benevolent dictatorship; we let ya'll do what you want but reserve the right to slap you down if you cross the line, and in turn we answer to the owner, who reserves the right to ban every single one of us if it blows up his skirt. Cry all you want about freedom of speech, but any rights you have here are granted by the management, not the Constitution.

You are not right about this issue, you broke the forum rules more than once & as such are on thin ice. Whining about this isn't going to change anything, and 'this against that' is a versus thread, regardless of how you word it. It doesn't matter if it's SymX vs. DT or Coke vs. Pepsi..the members don't want to see it. I told you to let it go in the other thread, & your complaints are now riling up the forum as a whole..any further BS will result in a ban. This is the last time I'm going to tell you to let it go.

fallen2289 said:
You all know that I'm right about this specific issue, and the subject of the versus thread should be altered.

This was your downfall bud. Had you not ended with this, and your "freedom of speech" part, you might have done ok.

You are an intelligent person as I can tell by your reply. However, if you want to challenge authority, you have to challenge their policies/decisions only by specific and well constructed debate. You are well spoken, but you are threatening in your approach. You will lose 100% of the time with your approach.

Bryant

Bryant said:
This was your downfall bud. Had you not ended with this, and your "freedom of speech" part, you might have done ok.

You are an intelligent person as I can tell by your reply. However, if you want to challenge authority, you have to challenge their policies/decisions only by specific and well constructed debate. You are well spoken, but you are threatening in your approach. You will lose 100% of the time with your approach.

Bryant

Constructive criticism on a metal band forum... I love it!

Oh man...that's sad!!!

You know, though...somehow I have a feeling that if he could've picked the way he wanted to go, he would've wanted to go "in action".

PoisonSeed said:
No he doesn't.

Unfortunately he does. He also accepts this himself. He is a famous Turkish arabesque musician named İbrahim Tatlıses. (Abraham Sweetvoice in English :lol: )

An for me, he is a disgusting person; he got the talent nevertheless...