Official Off Topic Thread

Peeeh, you are trying to make everything in some kind of system in your life. I don't like it. Approach a girl this way, ask her to date that way, make love this way....... What am i, a robot ? May be i am in a different mood that day, and i can make something totally different from what i always do. And it would still be me.

Oh what the heck, you just do what you know best :)

Beelzebub said:
There is a difference between being confident and being arrogant. A man who is secure with his opinions, satisfied with his life (if he's not but trying to make it better then that's okay too), and willing to admit when they're wrong in a graceful manner is totally hot.
i am so hot.

unfortunately i am so single.

SilentRealm said:
true, but I wouldnt recommend even thinking about asking out a girl like that until youve had some practise on the other kinds of girls - you want to build yourself up to a girl like that..
Too late ! It happened several years ago and it still feels like a stupid thing to do.
turke said:
Peeeh, you are trying to make everything in some kind of system in your life. I don't like it. Approach a girl this way, ask her to date that way, make love this way....... What am i, a robot ? May be i am in a different mood that day, and i can make something totally different from what i always do. And it would still be me.

Oh what the heck, you just do what you know best :)
Like it or not this is the most common way you can talk to a chick these days.
Despide that,I think that doing something more creative to approach a chick is more “personal” but there is a good chance that she is not going to appreciate it, depending of course on the girl.
I remember one time I was on a boat making a trip and there was this really cute chick standing in front of me and I just felt like making a portrait of her.It came out really nice so I gave it to her as a gift.
That is probably the most original approach I have ever done but it didn’t turn out all that well.

PS:Hey buddy,guess what I just had…http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/Nemesis_lxix/15092006043.jpg

Beelzebub said:
There is a difference between being confident and being arrogant. A man who is secure with his opinions, satisfied with his life (if he's not but trying to make it better then that's okay too), and willing to admit when they're wrong in a graceful manner is totally hot.
The only thing separating me from that is self confidence.

MrFast said:
Lol, the way he finished his paragraph was like a blank check for mayhem. I just HAD to :lol:

By the way Ptah, what DID you do?
Personal buisness.

ABQShredHead said:
Put his newly gained knowledge to work, it sounded like. Score a date, dude?
I wish. But I am trying to put my newly gained knowledge to work, and so far, my only chance at putting it to good use was ruined by the Dean of Students in my school needing to talk to me about my school ID.

Nemesis_lxix said:
I can't read that.

Nemesis_lxix said:
Like it or not this is the most common way you can talk to a chick these days.
Despide that,I think that doing something more creative to approach a chick is more “personal” but there is a good chance that she is not going to appreciate it, depending of course on the girl.
I remember one time I was on a boat making a trip and there was this really cute chick standing in front of me and I just felt like making a portrait of her.It came out really nice so I gave it to her as a gift.
That is probably the most original approach I have ever done but it didn’t turn out all that well.

PS:Hey buddy,guess what I just had…http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e313/Nemesis_lxix/15092006043.jpg

Hey pal, are you sure you weren't drunk enough to make someone elses portrait ? :lol:

By the way that baklava photo made me salivate :) I want some right now, but it is midnight. Bon appetite to you :headbang:

Beelzebub said:
In addition to there being a difference between being arrogant and confident, there is a difference between being nice and being spineless. Just as there are conceited dickwads who get all the girls, on the other end of the spectrum are the loser mama's boys. I don't know what other girls might think, but guys who say stuff like "you are my everything" and "I couldn't breathe without you" have serious need issues, even if they're trying to be nice. Constantly seeking approval (I don't mean "Do you like this shirt?" type of approval) and asking "Why are you with me? I'm not good enough for you." is the number one way to get a girl running in the opposite direction.

oh GOD I hate when guys pull the 'you're too good for me' line.. I've had it with practically every guy I've ever dated and its frustrating as hell and does NOT make them seem more appealing. But yes boys, listen to Beelz.. those guys aren't attractive either, they just make us want to run in the other direction screaming..

turke said:

fine, don't take the advice of women on how to date.. women! Why would we know what they want? Stick to doing what you're currently doing because it seems to be really working for you.. :p

Nemesis Ixix said:

each to their own.. but.. if I were that girl and someone was drawing me, I'd be hugely self-conscious about it, think he was a potential stalker.. and try to get away as fast as possible.. be careful that a gesture you think is sweet, isn't misinterpreted by the girl and scare her off.

@ Ptah - you got lots of time to practise your women-skills - you're a good lookin boy and like MrFast said, you're in a band.. isn't that like the golden ticket to scoring chicks? Even our local acts that play at the bars - and aren't very talented - get girls throwing themselves at them purely for that fact (mind you girls who are like that disgust me because they don't actually like the guy or think he has talent, they just like the fact that he 'is in a band')

in the end, take my advice or not I don't care.. but I'm going to give you the number one best pick up line you could ever use:

"Hi! How are you?/How is your day/night going?"

Hey SR, you ever want to be a match maker ? :) I think you'd do so good.

By the way, i don't know what you think about me, but it is probably right :) That's all i can say.

Ptah Khnemu said:
I can't read that.
Baklavaci is Baclava and gulluoglu has to be a name coz there are last names with the same ending in Greek too.
turke said:
Hey pal, are you sure you weren't drunk enough to make someone elses portrait ? :lol:

By the way that baklava photo made me salivate :) I want some right now, but it is midnight. Bon appetite to you :headbang:
How drunk exactly is drunk enough ? :lol:
It was great :kickass: ! Slightly different from Greek I must say.
SilentRealm said:
each to their own.. but.. if I were that girl and someone was drawing me, I'd be hugely self-conscious about it, think he was a potential stalker.. and try to get away as fast as possible.. be careful that a gesture you think is sweet, isn't misinterpreted by the girl and scare her off.
I hope you don’t carry any pepper spray in your hand bag :lol:

Nemesis_lxix said:
Baklavaci is Baclava and gulluoglu has to be a name coz there are last names with the same ending in Greek too. How drunk exactly is drunk enough ? :lol:
It was great :kickass: ! Slightly different from Greek I must say.

Baklavacı means "baklava seller". And yes, Güllüoğlu is a surname. It means "son of Güllü". There are many surnames ending with "oğlu" in turkish also. Our past is same man, we used to live together. We are all the same.

SilentRealm said:
oh GOD I hate when guys pull the 'you're too good for me' line.. I've had it with practically every guy I've ever dated and its frustrating as hell and does NOT make them seem more appealing. But yes boys, listen to Beelz.. those guys aren't attractive either, they just make us want to run in the other direction screaming..
I'll write that down.

@ Ptah - you got lots of time to practise your women-skills - you're a good lookin boy and like MrFast said, you're in a band.. isn't that like the golden ticket to scoring chicks? Even our local acts that play at the bars - and aren't very talented - get girls throwing themselves at them purely for that fact (mind you girls who are like that disgust me because they don't actually like the guy or think he has talent, they just like the fact that he 'is in a band')

in the end, take my advice or not I don't care.. but I'm going to give you the number one best pick up line you could ever use:

"Hi! How are you?/How is your day/night going?"
Thank you, SilentRealm. I'm gonna try to take your advice to heart.:)

People express their dislike of generalisations in the Montreal shooting thread, but here we have a generalised notion of what women look for in men and formula for scoring dates. Huzzah for inconsistency!

While self confidence can be built up to an extent, it's still a natural quality that some people will always have more of than others. What's the difference between a preference for naturally confident people and a preference for naturally beautiful people? If it's something you naturally either have or you don't, it's still shallow regardless of the fact that it isn't a physical quality.

theVikingR said:
People express their dislike of generalisations in the Montreal shooting thread, but here we have a generalised notion of what women look for in men and formula for scoring dates. Huzzah for inconsistency!
kudos for nailing that.

proulxski said:
indeedly....mind if i consider you very conservative?
Who? Me? I'm not conservative at all, nor liberal, and there are far more points of view than those, all of which are interesting and require consideration. I like playing devil's advocate because usually there is no simple answer.