Official Off Topic Thread

I don't see why not... As it gets closer, I'll see if I can invite some special guests. No promises or guarantees... I'll be there this year, PROMISE!
(otherwise its off with my head)

J-Dubya

*Special guests* haven't always worked out real well; one year at a lunch when the band was there (those lunches are invite only), we had a *special guest* show up (uninvited by me OR the band, still dunno who invited him) and use it as a promotional opportunity, handing out autographs and such..way not cool that he made it about him when it was supposed to be about SymX.

And yeah..you'd better be there this year. :p

Any chance of them being booked in one of the slots for the showcase? That would be the most win day ever.

my dad is one year older than you.. he loves symph x also. :p He is a MJR fanboy.. everytime he walks into a room at work they taunt him and say "Rooooomeeoooooo" :lol:
at least your dad has good taste in music... mine is stuck in the '50's and thinks we should return to "the good old days"... he's so stodgy that he wouldnt let me go see the beatles with my uncle when they came to australia... mind you, i was almost 3 and my uncle was 11 (he wasnt allowed to go either, haha!!)

my daughters friends all wish they had a "cool mum" like she does... i've always let her listen to what she likes, even though it meant suffering through the likes of spicegirls and hansen... fortunately she grew out of that crap pretty quickly...

at least your dad has good taste in music... mine is stuck in the '50's and thinks we should return to "the good old days"... he's so stodgy that he wouldnt let me go see the beatles with my uncle when they came to australia... mind you, i was almost 3 and my uncle was 11 (he wasnt allowed to go either, haha!!)

my daughters friends all wish they had a "cool mum" like she does... i've always let her listen to what she likes, even though it meant suffering through the likes of spicegirls and hansen... fortunately she grew out of that crap pretty quickly...

Fortunately is an understatement!! Man i would have put a double barrel shotgun in my mouth and pulled the trigger if my child listened to that crap.. Why cant people just notice the Musical Wonder and Mastery that is Metal.

^^ she definitely listens to better stuff now, but she doesnt show much interest in prog, except for kamelot and katatonia. she's more into industrial/goth metal, although if i foolishly go to buy cd's and forget to take my list, then double-up, she will claim the double-up as hers, lol...

My dad appreciates the stuff I listen to, but he doesn't really love it like I do... He's great though, and lets me listen to what I want basically... My mum is a classical flute player, so she appreciates the classical aspects and the musicianship... My mum's brothers are old-school prog fans though, they're into Yes, ELP, Pink Floyd etc.

Hey Zach, I had a look at your site thingo, it's pretty good man, nice work! I was sorely tempted to send an email saying "Hey Mr Zach, can you check out my punk band's myspace??? You can do a review as well cos you'll really love it!!!" :lol: