Official Off Topic Thread

^^ yet there are whole communities in utah where its quite acceptable for a man to have as many wives (and they dont care if said wives are still children) as he wants because they are mormons and believe they are justified in doing just that. how do i know?? one of these "extended families" moved to alaska when i was living there and tried to set up a community just like the one they had left.... alaskans didnt want any part of that crap...

^^ yet there are whole communities in utah where its quite acceptable for a man to have as many wives (and they dont care if said wives are still children) as he wants because they are mormons and believe they are justified in doing just that. how do i know?? one of these "extended families" moved to alaska when i was living there and tried to set up a community just like the one they had left.... alaskans didnt want any part of that crap...
You're probably thinking of the more extremist type ones. It's not like every Mormon is going to believe in having multiple wives and large, ungrown families. My drummer's entire family is actually from Utah, and do they believe in polygamy? No. Therefore, not every single Mormon is into that.

EDIT: Also, I get really annoyed when people talk about this, so don't mind me if I seem really aggravated.

Reactions: Beelzebub
No big deal tubbs. 'Taint nothing personal, i just can't stand mormons. And i've talked to enough (and dated enough) to have a pretty solid oppinion.

Polygamy was outlawed officially by the mormon church many years ago. Crapola, the people you know are just like any other religious fundamentalists. Pay no heed to them. just burn them in their sleep or something, just like you'd do to any extremist. See? no smiley. Not joking.

Jeez, you people really love being stereotypical, don't you? My drummer is a Mormon, and that whole polygamist thing is a crock of bullshit, along with any other random stupid things you guys come up with. :mad:

Yeah, that's not part of the main Mormon church--that's a nutjob cult that does that.

I don't even like what Mormonism stands for, and I think these comments about Mormons are over the line. Thank you--as usual--for being the one with the guts to stand up and say it's wrong.

Yeah, that's not part of the main Mormon church--that's a nutjob cult that does that.

I don't even like what Mormonism stands for, and I think these comments about Mormons are over the line. Thank you--as usual--for being the one with the guts to stand up and say it's wrong.
What does Mormonism stand for?

I doubt you've even heard it, considering your shit taste.

I listened to it in my car too and from work for a week.
I like Mats Leven....but he's been on better albums.
I have awesome taste in music.....the new Therion just didn't make it through my shit filter....maybe you should tighten your up;)

DoomsdayZach said:
No big deal tubbs. 'Taint nothing personal, i just can't stand mormons. And i've talked to enough (and dated enough) to have a pretty solid oppinion.

Polygamy was outlawed officially by the mormon church many years ago. Crapola, the people you know are just like any other religious fundamentalists. Pay no heed to them. just burn them in their sleep or something, just like you'd do to any extremist. See? no smiley. Not joking.

dont take it personally tubbs, i make fun of every religion equally..

still.. better to have an extremist religion that just wants to have too many wives rather than an extremist religion that just wants to blow everything up i guess..