Official Off Topic Thread

Buttsecks owl wins

owlbuttsecks7tucq9.jpg

not just buttsecks...

1171752629295.jpg

I think the haunted's "The Haunted Made Me Do It" is a great album, but marco aro is the only thing that ever did any good for this band. Peter Dolving sucks.

hell no, marco was monotone, pete dolvings voice adds so much more dynamics to the mix, i really love the old haunted and thought id hate the new album because it sounds a lot poppier but its actually alright, i thought dolvings vocals were better on the album before though.

I'm so excited that I just have to share this: I just got my first writing assignment at the metal mag I work for, and it happens to be on Scar Symmetry. So not only do I get to be published (though it's for a tour program, not the actual mag), but I get to interview one of my favorite bands! :D

I'm so excited that I just have to share this: I just got my first writing assignment at the metal mag I work for, and it happens to be on Scar Symmetry. So not only do I get to be published (though it's for a tour program, not the actual mag), but I get to interview one of my favorite bands! :D

Cool! Congrats!!

J-Dubya

Anyone hear about a possible 3rd LTE album???

DREAM THEATER drummer Mike Portnoy has confirmed rumors that the members of LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT — the project featuring Portnoy, his DREAM THEATER bandmates Jordan Rudess (keyboards) and John Petrucci (guitar), alongside progressive rock icon Tony Levin of KING CRIMSON (bass, chapman stick) — recently met and discussed the possibility of regrouping and recording a third studio album.

A fan from the Mike Portnoy Forums recently posted a Tony Levin blog saying that Levin had met up with the other LTE members while recording another project.

"While recording an album in New York, I ran into my LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT bandmates, who are working on a DREAM THEATER album," Levin wrote. "Jordan Rudess had just left the studio when I ran in with my camera to get a shot of myself with Mike Portnoy and John Petrucci."

Later on, Mike Portnoy himself posted the following to clarify the situation: "I think my initial feelings of no longer being interested in another LTE album because of the similarities to DT with Jordan have finally passed... It's been long enough now that I think it could indeed be exciting, creative and a lot of fun.

"The four of us did mention in passing how much fun it would be to some day make some more music together, so as I always say: 'Never say never!'

"Unfortunately, there is one obstacle that could make a future LTE album very difficult... and I'll just say, it is NOT any of the four people [in the band]!! [Referring to the difficulties Portnoy had with the record label Magna Carta — Ed.]"

Check out a recent photo of LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT at this location.

LIQUID TENSION EXPERIMENT released two albums, "Liquid Tension Experiment" (1998) and "Liquid Tension Experiment 2" (1999) on Magna Carta Records. They also played a few live shows in New York, Philadelphia, and Los Angeles. Several songs and riffs from the project have been incorporated into DREAM THEATER's live performances, such as "Instrumedley" from "Live at Budokan".

http://160.79.51.70/blabbermouth.net...wsitemID=67313