Official Off Topic Thread

Yeah I heard about it... MP actually posted that on his own forum quite a while ago, back when Dream Theater went into the studio, but blabbermouth seem to have a habit of taking old news and making a big deal of it... :D

That aside, it would be absolutely awesome if they did do another one, the first two are two of my favourite albums of all time, and my mp3 player regularly plays:
Paradigm Shift
Kindred Spirits
Freedom Of Speech
State Of Grace
Universal Mind
Acid Rain
Biaxident
Another Dimension
When The Water Breaks

All those songs are just amazing, and I never seem to get sick of them... GIVE US MORE!!! please. :) That would be really nice...

Code:
if forumuser.sig=0 and 
    forumuser.avatar=0 and 
       forumuser.personalinfo=0 and
         forumuser.posts=irritating then
   forumuser = troll
end if

btw, this is from wikipedia:

Progressive metal is a subgenre of heavy metal music which shares traits with progressive rock including use of complex compositional structures, odd time signatures, and intricate instrumental playing. The high level of musical proficiency is often combined with a lyrical counterpart in the form of epic textual concepts, resulting in lengthy songs and concept albums. As a result of these factors, progressive metal is rarely heard on mainstream radio and video programs, much due to that the length of the songs are not suited for those medias.

I've highlighted the important parts

lol, wikipedia is occasionally wrong. that article was written by someone who thinks like anacrucix. prog as a thematic genre, not progressive the adjective. there is a major difference.

the point zach and i are making here is that prog is no longer progressive.

lol, wikipedia is occasionally wrong. that article was written by someone who thinks like anacrucix. prog as a thematic genre, not progressive the adjective. there is a major difference.

yea I know and I agree on most parts with you, it's not. I posted the wiki article to make him stop comparing Linkin Park to all bands in rock history.

That's why I just don't care and I just listen to the fuckin' music.

Project Hate are awesome including the lyrics.

We are the salt in the eyes of Christ
We are the wound in his side
We are the blackest of the black
We are the four horsemen's glorious ride

Nothing better than satanic, apocalyptic death metal... with electronic beats!!!

Satanism is better in metal than Christianity imo.

I prefer concept/fantasy albums however.

I also prefer concept/fantasy albums as well, but I don't think you can say Satanism is better in metal than Christianity, because you could take exactly the same music, and put opposite lyrics, and it wouldn't make any difference to how good the music sounded, and sure Satanism is probably more common than Christianity in metal, but a lot of the bands aren't really satanic, they just think it's cool to be portrayed as such... Many Christian metal bands at least are singing about what they actually believe in and practice in real life...

Instrumentals win. Having no singer > singing about satan or god.

Absolutely! I honestly couldn't agree more... I hate it when instrumental shred guitarists do albums with vocals on it... It makes me wish they'd just shut up and shred... I think that's also why I often prefer LTE over DT, though DT instrumentals and instrumental sections are awesome... It'd be cool if Symphony X did some instrumentals, though Russ is such a good singer, that I will be content only with long instrumental sections in the songs... :D