Official Off Topic Thread

Polyeidus said:
Dado - so... are you and I Marvel freaks, or what? :)
Haha, yeah I guess. To me, Marvel always stood above other comic series such as DC, because it always featured deeper and more elaborated background stories of the characters. It's not just action, there's a lot of drama involved, so yeah, like you said, a sort of a sci-fi soap opera. :)

Yngvai if u like ringu..then get the sequel..talking before on the greater accolade thred about sequel's not being as good as originals..in this movie's case the sequel is EVEN SCARIER than the first..OMG it's freaky..and I don't get chilled very easily.. just watch it at night with all the lights off..and make sure u put ur phone off the hook..lol

SilentRealm said:
Yngvai if u like ringu..then get the sequel..talking before on the greater accolade thred about sequel's not being as good as originals..in this movie's case the sequel is EVEN SCARIER than the first..OMG it's freaky..and I don't get chilled very easily.. just watch it at night with all the lights off..and make sure u put ur phone off the hook..lol

Did you get that last message?

I have just read the whole George Bush thread from way-back when. Man - !!!!!!! Holy shit! that Bobby character is the probably the most arogant, offencive, ignorant, pro-american shithead EVER!!

@ harp heaven, I aplaud your smart, matture replies to his shit. You totally outspoke him.

What sets you guys/gals in "da mood"...
I mean, when you look in the mirror or any reflection of yours for that matter and say: "You rock, dude!" to it.

Yeah...
that kind of mood...

Zax666 said:
What sets you guys/gals in "da mood"...
I mean, when you look in the mirror or any reflection of yours for that matter and say: "You rock, dude!" to it.

Yeah...
that kind of mood...

Well... I think it's wearing my long, black trenchcoat, all-black clothing and shades on a sunny day with a little gust of wind so that it makes the coat swing just right. Then I walk past every reflecting surface just admiring how cool I look compared to the rest of the rabble.

Narcissus was a wimpy beginner when compared to me. :loco:

Medusa's eyes said:
That's cool Metal Chick :)
I think I will do the same thing as you one day. I really like it to draw and especially people / bands / things like that.
Mostly of my drawings are Symphony X drawings. I made a pic of each bandmember these days. They are kinda cool, Pinnella is hard to do though :loco:
I would like to see some of your drawings :Spin:

Pinnella is hard to draw! I have done so many drawings of SX though that I don't know what to do with them all! I would like to see your drawings too!

Dado-x said:
No. Logan was born presumably as Elisabeth and John Howlett's second son (the first one died), however it is known that Mrs. Howlett had an affair with their housekeeper Thomas Logan (who is a splitting image of Wolverine), which makes him James's biological father. Thomas Logan also had a son called "Dog", who was born with a deformed face and distinctive looking fingernails that resembled animal claws.
Few days after John Howlett fired Thomas Logan off the estate because of his alcohol problems, Logan and his son entered the estate armed. When Logan tried to persuade James's mother to leave with him, John Howlett entered the room and Logan shot him dead.
Seeing his father shot triggered James's mutant abilities. He went berserk and killed his biological father by stabbing him several times with his claws. Later he took Logan's name to hide his true identity.
Little did he know that Dog was also the one with mutant abilities.
Dog (Sabretooth) hates Wolverine since that day.

I hope that was at least a bit insightful! :)

Wow...a lot has been revealed since I stopped reading 7 or so years ago lol. The last issue of Wolverine I have in my collection is #115, so I guess that should give you an idea on how much Ive missed ;). Did he ever wind up getting his adamantium back? I know they tried in issue 100 but he rejected it. Im aware Marvel revamped a LOT of its titles (Like i know they basically started from scratch again with Spider-Man) did they do the same with the X-Men?

Yngvai X said:
Wow...a lot has been revealed since I stopped reading 7 or so years ago lol. The last issue of Wolverine I have in my collection is #115, so I guess that should give you an idea on how much Ive missed ;). Did he ever wind up getting his adamantium back? I know they tried in issue 100 but he rejected it. Im aware Marvel revamped a LOT of its titles (Like i know they basically started from scratch again with Spider-Man) did they do the same with the X-Men?
Yeah, he did get the adamantium when he was kidnapped by this Apocalypse guy. He was given it back to fight the X-Men under Apocalypse's hypnosis.
Anyway, yeah there's the revamping alright with those new Ultimate X-Men series. Storylines are a bit changed like for instance Storm, instead of being from Africa, was some NY ghetto girl before she joined X-men and Wolverine is portrayed as one of Magneto's goons.

I agree. That was beautiful.

Back in sr. high I used to write a lot of poetry. Mostly tanka and haiku poems, but occasionally something longer too. Regrettably I haven't had the inspiration lately, since I don't have anyone to read it. :D