Official Off Topic Thread

I have written poetry as a hobby for the past few years...continuing with the lost love theme, albeit with a more mystical bent...

Reflections In The Deep

Here I stand in the waking hour
The wind blowing relentlessly at my fragile heart
I summon images from my frail memory
Of a time when I was becalmed by her beauty
The soothing ribbon of her voice at night
It seems so ancient now, an unwanted mystery
How I devoted my failing senses to her will
And how she left me withering in the cold sun
How I stood stationary while her words ripped into my soul
And how I melted in the sanctuary of her embrace
Like the eldest survivor of a doomed voyage
The grief of my tale conquers my absent reason
In broken thought I descend into depths of sorrow
Wearing virtuous disguises in spectral wastelands
I follow the shade of the moon as it engulfs the light
Futile remedies won't purge the image of the witch
The stars fall silent and vanish when I call your name
My only point of refuge lies someplace within
The reflections in the deep, where my demons sow their seed
When there is realization, repentance is never impossible
Dissent keeps our salvation away from our reach
The departure of faith prevents the resolution of hope
In my despair, I must learn again to believe in my soul.

Ok, this thread is a great idea. Kudos.
I need some help.
I discovered recently how much I like tea (green tea). I don't really care for flavored ones, except maybe the green with a bit of lemon.
Now here's the problem. I can't find anything on the net for tea that messes you up. I wanna get some of that herbal tea that gives you a high, so to speak. Anyone seen Zoolander? :err:

:D

Since love is the word of the day, here's my view:

"Livid reflections
of your incandescent mind,
written on silence,
betray your undying love,
yet displaying its true depth."

Perhaps someone should start a poetry thread? :D

On the subject of tea: I don't know how worldwide the brand is, but Sun-Tea has been a hit with me lately. I especially like the forest fruit flavoured one.

'Shuggah said:
Perhaps someone should start a poetry thread? :D

On the subject of tea: I don't know how worldwide the brand is, but Sun-Tea has been a hit with me lately. I especially like the forest fruit flavoured one.

Why, I think I will!

I've been hittin up the Chai frappuchinos from Starbucks lately, thats some good shit! (Chai, for those that don't know, is black tea spiced with cinnemon and other spices (not sure off the top of my head) and then at starbucks they add vanilla and cream and it tastes SOOOO good) :D

Visit ANY american city and they are everywhere. Starbucks is the devil, but i go there anyway because i like their new malt frappuccino or whatever the hell it is.

Like lewis black's routine on starbucks...

"and i thought 'when i turn around there cannot possibly be another starbucks right across the street'. So i started to slowly turn around... AND THERE WAS A STARBUCKS!!!"

As much as people make fun of there being a million starbucks' around, and the fact that they're expensive, you can't argue - they make the best damn coffee drinks around (tho my addiction there is, like I said before, the chai!). Plus their desserts are delicious!

yeah, i make fun of them but they are delicious. Have you tried their turkey pesto sammaches? Outta this world man. I am so bored right now. OH, LOOK AT MY EH! STEVE AVATAR!