Official Off Topic Thread

from the one song i heard "Heal the water", i really liked his voice, my main reason i get into bands truthfully is voices that have something i like about them. Same as Dali's Dilemma..a voice that I really like. But yeah I searched long and hard on both bands and really not much info yet on them, and the songs are really hard to get. Patience Charis, patience.

yeah, i've been in and out... i have seen it, but the horror of the situation just didn't sink in. I don't think my brain allowed it to register that such an atrocity could take place here, on the symphony x message board.

was that too dramatic?

first thing, welcome back strychnos :wave:

secondly, I've heard people say all sorts of bands were 'godly' that i've thought were just horrible, so that doesn't mean much lol,

thirdly, personally I dont like the gathering either.

Yeah, to be honest there are a lot of prog bands i just really don't like. In fact, i think symphony x is pretty much it. So to me "Godly" just means a further waste of time. That's not to say i'm against progressive music, just don't much like strictly prog bands. Stuff with prog influences is fine, but mainly i'm all for melody. And for the third and final time, the gathering is donkey nuts.

i think we have some pretty elitist snobs here. *shrug* 'sno big deal, just kinda funny. Anyway, leaving for prog power in 5 hours (roughly) so i better get some sleep.... yeah, it's 11:30 ish here. gotta get up at 3:45 so i can shower and be on my way. Hooray.

Originally Posted by Zax666
And for all of them nu-metal is UNCONDITIONAL SHIT. I'm serious.

yeah its a bit like that for me too.

I dont think I would even call Symphony X 'godly' and they're my number one favorite. I mean they're close in my eyes, but that seems like a term that a person uses to sort of force that opinion onto others by stating it.

oh by the way, its strange, speaking of Ark, I finally found another song by them, and I HATE it!! His voice is cool except in this one he is doing that yodelling thing i can't stand all the way through it, but when he does the grittier vox he sounds great.. whats the deal..

but I did find another Dali's Dilemma song, and I really liked that as well..

I dont consider SyX godly, they're just my favorites. Honestly, I don't listen to them too much anymore, I think the last time I did was over 2 weeks ago. Theres just so many other bands out there that I enjoy listening to, the big one for me now being CHILDREN OF BODOM! I can't stress how awsome these guys, I honestly have never been so blown away by a band since SyX, which is saying a lot (last band to do that for me was Blind Guardian). They just are so badass, amazing musicians, amazing riffs, just so pounding and angry, and I dont care what people say Alexi's vocals rock, they compliment the music more than clean vocals would. Anyway, I'll shut up now :)