Official Off Topic Thread

Come on, folks, nu-metal isn't THAT bad, as a matter of fact I'd prefer my friends to listen to that instead of Shakira or Shaggy (is that the spelling?). It is good music (apart from Korn, and L. B., both = :puke: ) , just not great.

We've gotten all capricious with all this prog/power metal. :headbang: :D

BTW, Silent, download something by Masterplan NOW!!! o_O :loco:

ok i forgot that i dled two masterplan songs yesterday so i am just listening to them now. first i got 'crawling from hell' which is very typical power metal, which i dont like too much. but the second i got was 'when love comes close' , which sounds ok.

theodyssey said:
I just noticed KBR's signature. Man.. the gathering is horrible! Painful to listen to.
Hey I just noticed that everyone here dislikes The Gathering. Are they not cheesy enough for you?

I don't mean to sound whiney, but why do you all dislike them? What songs have you heard? I always thought of them as a pretty likeable band.

Kate Bush Rules! said:
Hey I just noticed that everyone here dislikes The Gathering. Are they not cheesy enough for you?

I don't mean to sound whiney

well it is possible for people to not have the EXACT same opinion as you god,:Smug:

@ Silent - When love comes close is the WEAKEST song off their album, and Crawling from Hell was written WAAAAAAAAAAY back in the 80s, Roland has a strange habbit to re-record it with every next band of his.

Listen to Kind Hearted Light or Into The Light or something off them that's acutally GOOD!

I just wanted to say thankyou to shreddi..lol. he got me into opeth by showing me still life..and i bloody love it!!!! i havent listened to anything else for like the past 3 days.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
well it is possible for people to not have the EXACT same opinion as you god
I'm not expecting everyone to have the same opinion as me, but I do find it pretty unusual for 4 or 5 people in the same space to dislike/hate the Gathering. All the people to whom I've introduced the Gathering to in real life have liked them. Maybe people in here are too conditioned to fast and heavy music.

It annoyed me slightly to see the Gathering, who i enjoy, and who emotionally affect me like few other bands do, reduced to being called "donkey nuts" by some idiot.

Kate Bush Rules! said:
It annoyed me slightly to see the Gathering, who i enjoy, and who emotionally affect me like few other bands do, reduced to being called "donkey nuts" by some idiot.

its ok, I recently saw a few people in here bash one of the greatest metal bands around today, Edguy. :p I guess the level of prog snobbery is higher than I thought, since Edguy is one of the only power bands Ive seen more prog and trad metal fans warm to (besides Angra). I mean, c'mon, when Tobi sounds so much like Dickinson how can you not like them? And his Avantasia side project is just sheer genius.

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
Timo Tolki is sloppy. "coz he is.

Yes he is :Smug:

[b said:
Kate Bush Rules!] [/b]It annoyed me slightly to see the Gathering, who i enjoy, and who emotionally affect me like few other bands do, reduced to being called "donkey nuts" by some idiot.

I don't like the Gathering, anyway...
They don't emotionally affect me... :lol:

Kate Bush Rules! said:
I'm not expecting everyone to have the same opinion as me, but I do find it pretty unusual for 4 or 5 people in the same space to dislike/hate the Gathering. All the people to whom I've introduced the Gathering to in real life have liked them. Maybe people in here are too conditioned to fast and heavy music.

so...

Just because you r speaking, do all have to like the Gathering? :lol:

may I dislike? :lol:

Yngvai X said:
its ok, I recently saw a few people in here bash one of the greatest metal bands around today, Edguy. :p I guess the level of prog snobbery is higher than I thought, since Edguy is one of the only power bands Ive seen more prog and trad metal fans warm to (besides Angra). I mean, c'mon, when Tobi sounds so much like Dickinson how can you not like them? And his Avantasia side project is just sheer genius.

I agree... Edguy/Avantasia sounds very good...

Mr. Shred-ididle said:
i know silent, and no one else does!!! the best converstion ive had

I'm still pinching myself..did the events of this morning really happen to us..or..was it a joke? but i dont think so, there was nothing out of place in it. I can only think that yes it did. So I am still walking around in a dream state.

Ermm, Edguy, I havent heard that much, but the vocals dont get to me in any warm fuzzy sort of way, so I've never been interested to hear any more.

OK guys, time to party once again...I know you Aussies are up for awhile still!
I can't sleep. My wife and I made an offer on a house today (well, yesterday now technically) and we should hear back within 16 hours. If we got this house it would be mega-awesome....
I got a new job as a Software Engineer, but it is 65 miles from where we live now that's why we're moving, but not too close cuz she works only 20 miles from here, so we'll be in between. It's a great house for us though man... It's spacious, and with just me, her, and the pug...it will be way more than enough. My wife is already going crazy like it's Trading Spaces on TLC. I'm just nervous and I hope the mofo accepts our offer. So...I can't sleep

So...

I am drinking

Who will drink with me...
raise your glass
here here!