Official Off Topic Thread

No, if you're tuning to Drop C, then you just get a 7 string. It's a 1/2 step difference between the B and C, so is it really that much work to put a capo on the 1st fret? I agree with the Standard + Low B, but it's a law of mine that no guitar should EVER EVER EVER be tuned below 1 full step.

No, if you're tuning to Drop C, then you just get a 7 string. It's a 1/2 step difference between the B and C, so is it really that much work to put a capo on the 1st fret? I agree with the Standard + Low B, but it's a law of mine that no guitar should EVER EVER EVER be tuned below 1 full step.

Same here! But if you really want to play in C, just play in C, who cares about a capo... Personally I'd change the song down to B anyway if I really need open string riffs...

Everything down a step is what I tune to. DGCFAD

Stop copying teh simfuny ecks! dey r the onli band hu use that tuneing!

Anyway, I wanted a 5 string so I could uptune from BEADG to CGCFA... I would probably get a slightly lighter gauge for some of the other strings if they get too tense with the uptune... or I might stay in BEADG, or go ADGCF, or even CFA#D#G#!

Personally, I love the feel of standard tuning, and the consistency of scales and intervals etc.

But yeah, I'll probably get a 4 for permanent CGCF and a 5 for standard.

I realize at this point that this should go in musician's corner, but I just want to say this...

lmao @ people getting 5 string or 4 string downtuned basses.

I have a 6 string and I only have to worry about tuning if it's BEADF#B or AEADGC...

I also have a 7 string guitar... I tune it drop A or drop D for certain songs... who gives a crap if nu-metal bands use it? Pbbt. It's the music you make with it that counts. Also, there shouldn't be a law as to what tunings can and can't be used. In fact, I think I'll tune my 7 string ABCDEFG one day just to confuse some of you. :Smokin:

No you haven't. I'm extremely upset by it too.
Well, I probably won't be on very often. I have a ton of work to do (not school work, I mean all of the projects I'm involved in).

Sometimes people get bored with having one band... so they get into many as possible. In my case, I'm in 4 separate projects, 1 of them being a complete band and the others being recording projects until there are more people available to complete the lineup.