Official Off Topic Thread

So....

Anyone heard the new Dimmu? Quite good, actually. I just got around to giving it a full spin.

gave it a listen in the shop, sounded pretty generic, i couldnt hear much musicianship going on except for the drummer, the guitar work and all the orchestration was really simple, it was listenable but very basic, and the vocals werent my cup of tea.

Dimmu Borgir need to shoot Shagrath and get a proper growler, or a real singer. That'd immediately improve their overall quality tenfold.

1_1180602942697.jpg

Dimmu Borgir need to shoot Shagrath and get a proper growler, or a real singer. That'd immediately improve their overall quality tenfold.

Shaggy's pretty good imo. BM vox are typically similar to that.

Lmao I can't stand Double Burger tbh.

You'd probably like the older stuff

i don't really get their name either "Dark Cities", eh?

Dimmu Borgir is the path or caveway leading to hell according to whatever lengend

Norwegian is very close to swedish.. but I think the name is from a location in Iceland.. or maybe it's Iceland'..ish..

But I think it's Dimmu - In swedish "dimma" = mist/fog
Borgir - In swedish "borg" = castle

so something like foggy/misty castle.

but as I said I think it's an actual location on Iceland.

oh and as for their music, only one song they've made really caught my attention.. "Kings of the Carnival Creation". awesome song where the clean vocals don't sound gay (as they do most of the time), and it's really.. like.. almost Arcturus'ish.. some progressive elements and nice melodies. me like.

edit: as for the new album.. it's good.

I've always wanted to do a hattrick in posts... :D

anyone heard Turisas new album? I can tell you it's definitly up there in top 10 albums of the year at least. it's much less "power metal with a different genre label" than the last album.

I've always wanted to do a hattrick in posts... :D

anyone heard Turisas new album? I can tell you it's definitly up there in top 10 albums of the year at least. it's much less "power metal with a different genre label" than the last album.

They have literally the coolest promo photos for this album that i've ever seen. They're brutal as hell (the photos). Looking very much forward to the album.